richie incognito "nothing to do here"

papazoid

San Fran, Chicago...more money, more people, more dining and nightlife options??

Im shocked.

Again, to each his own. Most people here dont care about keeping up. And if they do they leave.

We get it. Theres a great big world out there.

Theres also plenty of places that would kill to have dining and entertainment options like WNY.

Its all relative, and its all preference.

But they are keeping up. I go back home every three months, I have seen the change in the last 25 years. I like the WNY area.

I don't think Richie is being mean, but maybe he just wants to just get lost in the crowd. Even if it is just taking a train somewhere (not sure his take on public transportation). He walks into Chef's or DiTondo's for lunch and the whole place will turn around and look. I can't say I blame him.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to john murphy show yesterday.

richie talking about his routine to take care of his body. tuesday was a day to "get in a good lift". talked about how his trainer flies in from L.A. on Monday. stretching, massage, etc....

anyways, the zinger was......it was easy for him to stay true to his routine here in buffalo....cause "there's nothing to do here".

I know how sensitive some of our posters are....so just sayin

I don't get it. As a fan I can't imagine anything better to hear than the best thing I can find to do around here is get stronger faster and better at football

he sounds like a pouty bored elementary school kid.

here's one thing you won't be able to do like the big cities- get stuck in traffic like in chicago where it takes 45 minutes to drive 9 miles.

the buffalo area offers some of the most accessible and diverse recreational opportunities in the country. maybe his passport expired?

hey richie, you're a smart boy and i'm sure if you put your mind to it you can think of some really fun things to do!

I don't know if there's any Buffalo-bashing going on here. Even Richie seems to like Buffalo well enough.

As we all know, Jim Kelly hated the idea of living in Buffalo. Then chose to live there when his career was over. Buffalo clearly offers something that people value.

I think it's pretty clear that there are other places with more things to do, better restaurants, more museums, glitzier clubs, etc. But none of that quantifies quality of life. It depends on what you value.

Fortunately, not all football players want the bright lights of the big city.

This is the issue though. I agree to disagree. Making a blanket statement that "Buffalo is more boring than most other NFL cities" is subjective. It is not a fact. The definition of "boring" is a matter of personal preference. We all enjoy different things. I enjoy the large Northeastern cities. I find supposedly exciting cities such as Phoenix and Charlotte quite boring. Also remember that there are NFL teams in Cleveland, Indy, Jacksonville and Green Bay. It's all subjective.

Mass numbers have Buffalonians have relocated over the years. I'm willing to bet that the majority did so to pursue better economic opportunities, not because they were looking for more excitement. Cities like Charlotte are economic powerhouses. I can understand why so many Buffalo expats life there, but you're not going to convince me that it's more exciting than Buffalo.

For 25-35 year old single multimillionaire, Buffalo is boring. Getting drunk and banging college girls gets old pretty quick. That's about all there is do to here. Occasionally there is an event. Not many football players enjoy hockey.

Why do people act like someone insulted their house when they speak about Buffalo being boring. Compared to most of the other NFL cities Buffalo is boring. So what.

I lives in the Boca Raton/Deerfield Beach area for 11 years (half hour from Miami). I moved back and wish I would have sooner. Buffalo is definitely a city on the rise. I can't believe the overall progress that has been made in a decade.

As far as the "things to do" stuff, it's subjective. Buffalo and the surrounding areas are stacked with things to do, IMO. South Florida to me is became stale and way to cookie cutter. But again, it's subjective.

Sorry for the typos...new phone

Edited by It's in My Blood

I love the wny area. I moved away for work in the 90s.when jobs were scarce and I was.partying myself into a bad place because there was always a party going on.

I would like to return someday. So.i never understood those who put the old gal down.

I also agree Buffalo.is having a nice resurgence

For 25-35 year old single multimillionaire, Buffalo is boring. Getting drunk and banging college girls gets old pretty quick. That's about all there is do to here. Occasionally there is an event. Not many football players enjoy hockey.

It's never lost it's luster for me... ;)

Getcha hawt takes heeyah! Spicy!!!

He has a point. Theres a lot to do if youre not flush with cash and dont mind the downgrade in women. If youre looking for 8s, 9s or 10s and fun places to burn cash then Buffalo is the polar opposite.

Buffalo is the kind of city for people who are cemented in their lot in life and arent looking to move up; a city for consistency.