richie incognito "nothing to do here"

papazoid

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it too... I think the first caller after that segment mentioned it and seemed bummed out by it.

I think Richie was saying it as a positive: easy to focus on work here (compared to somewhere like Miami or NY) which made total sense to me.

Agreed. Probably would have been better to say he found Buffalo has "less distractions"

He was joking that it was a positive for a pro athlete to focus on his craft. Compared to Miami which he said is really difficult especially for young players. . He's such a great interview btw.

Yeah can you imagine being a pro player in Miami? Warm all year round. All them girls in shorts minis bikinis all year round. you get distracted doing NOTHING there. LOL

How pro athletes in Buffalo relate to Buffalo depends entirely on who they are as individuals, and where they are in life.

If you are a young millionaire who still enjoys running around the big city and getting into trouble, he's right. There is nothing to do in Buffalo.

If you are later in your career and married with a couple of kids, from a small town, and like small town living, you might love Buffalo.

It all depends.

Pretty much - not a huge deal though. We're not the only team with this characteristic - Green Bay, some would say Detroit now with the fiscal issues, Charlotte isn't the biggest of cities, heck, I've heard it from Pittsburgh.

All that gets curbed with a winning culture, something we haven't had in 17 years. It'll turn around, as will Buffalo's economy.

He's not wrong. I chose to go to college in WNY and not a major city because I knew if I was in a big city at that age I probably would've been working on a drug habit instead of my GPA.

Funny I knew a lot of kids from NYC who went to UB to get away from home and with their allowances were perpetually into snow and MJ.

Huh??? :) Are we talking about the same Buffalo? :)

Even better are some of those NOT in Buffalo like CodeMonkey.

He said everything players do during the season is regimented. He has a detailed schedule each day that gets him ready for Gameday whether it be certain meals, massages, workouts. He even flies someone in from Cali for two days per week to support his regimen. He said its real easy to skip a workout, skip a part of your regimen in a place like Miami when you are constantly getting called about such and such celeb party etc. Some guys are ok if they are super disciplined. But he finds it easier to laser focus on football in Buffalo.

I heard it and knew someone would get on here and try to start a fire. He said with his own positive angle, noting her chose Nebraska for college because he wanted to have less distractions and focus just on football. He used playing in Miami, mentioning the beaches and nightclubs, and all the distraction there that got in his way. He is a mauler who is truly helping our team now and in the future through the mentoring he's doing. I give him a full pass on his insensitive (to who exactly, I don't know) comments.

My guess is that a lot of single NFL players do the following: go out drinking, play golf, and play video games. I have got to think Buffalo has those amenities.

Go out drinking and play golf can be a wildly different experience in different cities

Doesn't Buffalo have some rocking night clubs and bars? I thought Chippewa St. had some trendy clubs? Allentown? Sure Miami's beaches are more famous but parties are parties.

maybe he took a cue from the Kanes (Evander and Patrick) and Marshaen and feels it's best to avoid that area as a pro athlete!

Anyone who has a issue with it should just listen to the interview. First, it's a great interview. Second, he's here to play football and you will get that.

I saw a Richie interview somewhere (Cowherd?), and he's surprisingly good. He can do TV after his playing days, if you ask me.