richie incognito "nothing to do here"

papazoid

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie White used to recruit players to Green Bay by telling them there was nothing to do there but play football and be heros. Football heaven.

I feel like playing in Green Bay would be the equivalent of having to hang out at a furniture store at 4 years old while you're parents talk to some d-bag salesman.

Kill me.

Richie's Highbrow Recreation: the Best of Buffalo

- hurl homophobic comments at well educated black men

- show off hilarious "Japanese Man" comic accent when encountering Asian tourists at Niagara Falls

- visit gun store, find best weapons for shooting black people

- hold "mandatory strip club meeting" for O linemen; harass and fine those who don't attend

(Yes, he's our left guard and I want him to do well when he's in a Bills uniform, but let's not forget the level of obnoxious a-hole we're dealing with here)

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/14/5411608/worst-of-the-richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-report-miami-dolphins

And what do you do in Green Bay?

Drive down to Chicago. Milwaukee is like BFLo.

Do players complain about Green Bay as much as you hear this stuff about BFLo?

I feel like playing in Green Bay would be the equivalent of having to hang out at a furniture store at 4 years old while you're parents talk to some d-bag salesman.

Kill me.

Ever been there? Your post sums it up. Just a sleepy bedroom community with paper mills and Door County.

How pro athletes in Buffalo relate to Buffalo depends entirely on who they are as individuals, and where they are in life.

If you are a young millionaire who still enjoys running around the big city and getting into trouble, he's right. There is nothing to do in Buffalo.

If you are later in your career and married with a couple of kids, from a small town, and like small town living, you might love Buffalo.

It all depends.

+1. In fact, even the great Jim Kelly after retirement wanted to move down near Richmond (In fact he even built a big house) before deciding that his family loved Buffalo and stayed put in Buffalo.

I mean, he's right? I moved away in large part because there is nothing to do, no jobs to be had, not much of a nightlife or food scene. It's a great place to visit, Chippewa is fun (sort of) every once in awhile, but if I were a 30 year-old millionaire athlete, I'd be pretty bored too...

I mean, he's right? I moved away in large part because there is nothing to do, no jobs to be had, not much of a nightlife or food scene. It's a great place to visit, Chippewa is fun (sort of) every once in awhile, but if I were a 30 year-old millionaire athlete, I'd be pretty bored too...

There's a lot to do for people with an interest in what Buffalo offers. Different strokes for different folks. Not much of a food scene is a joke statement imo. I've never understood people who move away, and feel the need to bash their hometown. You left, be happy where you are. Buffalo might have been boring to you, it's not boring to others. People are entitled to their opinions. I just find it unfair to state them as a fact.

Jeez how did I know that would be the follow up?

Do a little poking around Coach. Restaurant scene is on point.

Some of you expats think its still the 1992 Buffalo that you abandoned. Its just not.

Seriously.

My wife and are foodies, and the backlog of restaurants on our list is growing faster that our schedules can accommodate.

I'm a transplant - I'm not originally from WNY (I moved here in '96) but I've seen the region on an upswing relative to culture, restaurants, etc. that wasn't prevalent even as little as 10 years ago. If you're still thinking about the area through the lens of 2002, I can get why this may be the sentiment.

This is about Richie though. I'm having a tough time envisioning him at a theater.

oh i hear ya. i was just responding to code. i'm not sure why he mentioned that in regards to young athletes, but it was a good point.

Richie's Highbrow Recreation: the Best of Buffalo

- hurl homophobic comments at well educated black men

- show off hilarious "Japanese Man" comic accent when encountering Asian tourists at Niagara Falls

- visit gun store, find best weapons for shooting black people

- hold "mandatory strip club meeting" for O linemen; harass and fine those who don't attend

(Yes, he's our left guard and I want him to do well when he's in a Bills uniform, but let's not forget the level of obnoxious a-hole we're dealing with here)

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/14/5411608/worst-of-the-richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-report-miami-dolphins

Tell your sister I said hi.