Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

Shame on Jim for saying something that wont help the team play better football, and cause a distraction.

This is a polarizing issue so anything to fire players about anything other than football is counter productive.

He should understand the importance of pulling a team together, rather than ripping it apart.

bickering bills ring a bell?

I agree though, keep your nose out of it Jimbo!

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't understand why he was on the field, as in, across the sidelines where the team stood for the anthem, as they discussed in their meeting. Not literally why he was on the field period. This was Rodak fake news.

This is the grey area for me...lining up with the players when you are no longer an active member of the team. Maybe that's what Hughes is confused about...

B29U0591.JPG

doesnt matter.. moot as far as this discussion IMHO.. kelly has done more for this franchise than anyone on that field yesterday.. Quibble if you will .. but it is true.. again.IMHO

i see your point. I do think the organization wants to encourage and welcomes a healthy alumni involvement. But it was so long ago and we have new ownership . I'm not a millennial or a Kelly hater by any means. But to me it seems like an entirely different organization post-Ralph. Too much of the past can feel like a strange component and smothering toward a team trying to estabish its own identity. Again jmo.

i see your point. I do think the organization wants to encourage and welcomes a healthy alumni involvement. But it was so long ago and we have new ownership . I'm not a millennial or a Kelly hater by any means. But to me it seems like an entirely different organization post-Ralph. Too much of the past can feel like a strange component and smothering toward a team trying to estabish its own identity. Again jmo.

:thumbsup:

Hughes made a great statement, except for questioning why Jimbo is out on the field. That is not his business, it was divisive, the rest is very acknowledging and respectful.

All this should have been done behind closed doors. I think because Jim did not, it motivated Jerry to go public.

I did not see the game. If LeSean was stretching while the anthem was playing that crosses my line for being disrespectful. I think the kneeling makes a statement but is respectful because they at least assume a still position and focus that respectfully acknowledges the anthem.

Stretching, doing other things and ignoring the anthem, not respectful.

Interesting to see what the NFL does moving forward. Last thing they ever want is to lose customers with things like this. Honestly, I feel they should fine LeSean for the stretching.

just speaking for old-timers like me.. and essentially for myself.. Hughes should not go there.. i know all the millennials do not get Kelly. and what he means.. but not a place i would trespass on .. JMHO.. and i do not want to exclude the non- millennials. im sure there are Kelly haters.. learned that from another thread..

They both should refrain from commenting on politically divisive comments.

Actually lots of People would be better served avoiding strong commentary and try listening a bit more

or know who he is.. thats the point.. jerry f-g hughes?? are u(not specifically u) serious. who cares what he thinks or says!

The sideline and field are Jerry's place of business.

Like it or not, Jimbo is guest there today and he's inserted himself into a team issue inappropriately, in Jerry's (not incorrect) view...

Jim Kelly lined up with the bills and decided to do something completely different than what everyone else was doing. By putting his hand over his heart and raising the Bills hat is him basically trying to speak for the entire bills team. It's wrong.

If i were McD.. I would nip this in the bud.. this board is obviously not representative from what most people think .. Kelly is revered in this town.. and a chump like hughes should STFU.

I find this kinda funny because I grew up in a small town and everyone revered the guy from decades ago because of what he did when he was in his prime. 20+ years later they still do because that's what they remember.

I get it. Kelly was a spectacle of buffalo sports for a long time and nothing has come to replace him yet. He's still held in high regard because of his professional accomplishments and personal experiences but he's not the face of the franchise and really doesn't have a place to speak about what the team decides to do as a team when he is no longer one of the leaders of that team.

for sure it does.

twitter is ruining the world

One Twit at a time.

and you all can quote me

I think you mean twat.