Falcons fans treating this just like the Broncos did

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the Bills would lose at Carolina then win against Denver. As soon as the Denver spread came out I said it over and over again the Bills would win or cover at worst.

Gassed against a wounded Cam Newton and a couple big slows? This is a little bit different don't yah think? Freeman and Coleman compliment eachother well and both of them are mismatches against our backers in coverage. Julio is Julio.

Gabriel has the speed and Sanu has the size...it's an elite, well rounded combination of scoring power. They will gas this defense if they control the TOP. Mark it down.

Just like McCaffrey and Stewart, Anderson and Charles, we'll shut down the run n make them 1 dimensional. The key will be to hold them to FG's.

The positive is this defense isn't on the level of Car/Denver, like I said,I expect our run game to bounce back, play action to continue to hurt them.

Last week I was all over the Bills having a real shot to beat Denver.

This week, I think Buffalo catches a beat down at the hands of an Atlanta team with too much firepower.

Good defenses get run out of that building routinely, and I don't see Buffalo's offense being able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defenders fresh.

I'm thinking it'll end up something like 30-13 Atlanta

And you know what? I won't think any less of this team if that happens

Well said.

Our fans are just as cocky.

Remember the 3-0 start a few years ago? You started seeing the 16-0 threads start popping up.

As it is now you have fans digging up all these old threads to call out other fans.

We're 2-1 coming off the best win in a couple of years. But we've seen this movie 1,000 times.

Our fans are just as cocky.

Remember the 3-0 start a few years ago? You started seeing the 16-0 threads start popping up.

As it is now you have fans digging up all these old threads to call out other fans.

We're 2-1 coming off the best win in a couple of years. But we've seen this movie 1,000 times.

If Atlanta wins the game it will be back to doom and gloom again. Happens every year after Buffalo beats a decent team

If that's a barn, I want a shed or a dog house!

Pretty piece of architecture... Futuristic, functional, etc.

It's also a death trap where fans are having trouble finding a way out.

It's like detouring 50k people through a shopping mall. Too much crap that causes pedestrian traffic jams when most people are just trying to leave.

People are already saying that if you have children, it's best to stay in your seat an hour or two before attempting to get out after the game.

Edited by unbillievable

I spent many years living in NC. In my experience, southerners by and large just don't seem to give a rip about pro sports. College (football or basketball) is much more their thing.

I don't know. I was born and grew up and lived in Dallas a long time. I was a HUGE Cowboy fan until Smiley bought the team. Saturday was the day to get your chores done so you could watch the NFL game on Sunday.

I don't know. I was born and grew up and lived in Dallas a long time. I was a HUGE Cowboy fan until Smiley bought the team. Saturday was the day to get your chores done so you could watch the NFL game on Sunday.

As a member with both sides of my family coming from North Carolina, I take offense at the implication that Dallas - or any of Texas - is considered "southern."

About as much as Mexico, I suppose. Geographically south of the Mason-Dixon, but that's it.

And no, I don't want to turn this into a politically or other charged debate about where they stood in antebellum times.

As a member with both sides of my family coming from North Carolina, I take offense at the implication that Dallas - or any of Texas - is considered "southern."

About as much as Mexico, I suppose. Geographically south of the Mason-Dixon, but that's it.

And no, I don't want to turn this into a politically or other charged debate about where they stood in antebellum times.

Understood.

True, but Matty Ice is one of the best in the league and their offence is almost unstoppable at home. I see like a 27-13 falcons win

Trying to remain optimistic. They were held to 24 or less in 6 games since the beginning of last season. Maybe we can make it 7 and put up some points too.

Edited by Scott7975

It's funny, I live in Atlanta, but I don't know a single real Falcons fan. It's not like Buffalo, a lot of transplants here. You see an occasional jersey or shirt around town. My wife's co-worker did have a big Super Bowl party, but that was more of a drinking and eating event (which IS kind of a Buffalo thing! :) ). Now, UGA and Georgia Tech fans? That's another story!

You probably know a lot more. I'm a hermit.

I have a buddy who is a huge fan. He has season tickets and takes his son to every game now. I think his fandom has been growing due to that some. That is what it takes. A second generation to grow up with the game. I bet a lot of us got into the Bills because of our dads or another family memeber passing it down.