Falcons fans treating this just like the Broncos did

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have a chance to shock the NFL world and make a statement this weekend. They have a pretty weak message board, because their fanbase is about as fairweather as it comes. All I can say Atlanta is remember where you came from. It wasn't more than 2 years ago when your team wasn't very good. Why so cocky now?

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

It's just the fans...I'm sure the players are taking it seriously

The Bills have a chance to shock the NFL world and make a statement this weekend. They have a pretty weak message board, because their fanbase is about as fairweather as it comes. All I can say Atlanta is remember where you came from. It wasn't more than 2 years ago when your team wasn't very good. Why so cocky now?

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

Stuff like this doesn't bug me.

We do have a chance to shock the NFL world and make a statement, and piss off a lot of Atlanta fans too!

So let's do it.

Last week I was all over the Bills having a real shot to beat Denver.

This week, I think Buffalo catches a beat down at the hands of an Atlanta team with too much firepower.

Good defenses get run out of that building routinely, and I don't see Buffalo's offense being able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defenders fresh.

I'm thinking it'll end up something like 30-13 Atlanta

And you know what? I won't think any less of this team if that happens

This week, I think Buffalo catches a beat down at the hands of an Atlanta team with too much firepower.

Good defenses get run out of that building routinely, and I don't see Buffalo's offense being able to sustain drives long enough to keep the defenders fresh.

What does this mean exactly?

That we remain the sort of team that will get its ass kicked by the best teams in the league, and you are good with that?

:lol:

Ditto. I'm hoping they can establish the run game and beat up the birds but I'm expecting them to get gassed. The Falcons offense has too many weapons and the Bills are still new to the D and have a few misfits out there. Excited either way.

ATL is the best team in football.I dont think its even close exc for NE and maybe KC. So if the Bills give them a good game it would be huge.

They were very lucky against both the Bears and the Lions, i don't think they are world beaters especially on defense.

The Falcons are overrated and their defense is above suspect. All this blow out stuff is ridiculous and they barely won Against Chicago and should have an L from the Lions. I have been living in ATL for 27 years and they have nev er scared anyone. Bills shock the world(Not me) 31 - 24

What does this mean exactly?

That we remain the sort of team that will get its ass kicked by the best teams in the league, and you are good with that?

:lol:

Uh, no.

It means that I feel that this is the type of team that is playing above my level of expectations, but isn't ready to compete with the best in the NFL, especially on their own turf, and thus a loss to the best team in the NFC isn't going to adversely affect my opinion of them.

Sorry for the run-on sentence, and I'll appreciate a more thoughtful, less put-your-words-in-my-text response next time around.

:beer:

I hope ATL does. One thing that travels Defense and a running game. I expect buffalo will have to play near perfect to pull it out. The run game clicking into gear would be a good one. I liked seeing Richie pulling. Even though he got the holding call I expect to see that play more this week. Mccoy will be primed for a big day. Good running game and limit the Falcons plays will be key. This is really just a perception game. The Denver game was more meaningful when it comes to significance in the playoff chances. A championship caliber team will be a good litmus test to see where we are.

I hope ATL does. One thing that travels Defense and a running game. I expect buffalo will have to play near perfect to pull it out. The run game clicking into gear would be a good one. I liked seeing Richie pulling. Even though he got the holding call I expect to see that play more this week. Mccoy will be primed for a big day. Good running game and limit the Falcons plays will be key. This is really just a perception game. The Denver game was more meaningful when it comes to significance in the playoff chances. A championship caliber team will be a good litmus test to see where we are.

I wouldn't say we need to play perfect but they need to do 2 things:

1. Limit ATL to FG's like they have not TD's. ATL will move the ball they are too good not too, but keeping them out of the endzone will limit pressure on our offense.

2. When we have the ball get long drives that chew the clock. This goes against everything I believe in football wise because I like uptempo and attack, but if Buffalo can have the ball for 32 minutes even I think your looking at a game that Buffalo can win that may be 20-16 when the Bills get their last drive.

Realistically if these two things happen they still may be down but I can see Tyrod and the offense getting a chance at redemption from Carolina to win in the final 2 minutes and it being a one score game.

Edited by corta765

Thumbup19%5B1%5D.gif

overrated?

so he's expecting they only score 25? I could see that but ryan can be rattled leading to mistakes. sorry, after the meltdown in the superbowl I'm not as impressed with atlanta as some are.

He's saying they will win by 25...

Personally, I feel like our def will slow them down but not shut them down. To me it's more of a story of our Offense vs their Defense. If we score 28 points, we win the game.

I wouldn't even begin to try to predict the outcome, though. Generally, these are the types of games we can steal, and there's one every year, but the matchups are so wacky it's hard to tell.

Ditto. I'm hoping they can establish the run game and beat up the birds but I'm expecting them to get gassed. The Falcons offense has too many weapons and the Bills are still new to the D and have a few misfits out there. Excited either way.

This just doesn't make sense. Expect us to get gassed? We didn't gas out in 85 degree weather at Car with no offense.. This D has proven it's legit I'm, Ryan is coming off a 3 int game against Detroit!

How I see it is we run at will and kill them with the PA, and our DL will disrupt Matty Ice , Trevor was the next Manning this time last week, just remember this. The D is legit , our run game bounces back, Taylor has a similar game..

I predicted 27 16 Bills last week.

My prediction will come Thursday, but I guarantee it's a close game, no team, including NE is going to get an Easy W

I really want to think we can win this game - but the falcons offense on the turf play so dang fast, it will be very tough to get a win there. Just don't see us matching up well.

I thought we had a chance to beat the broncos in a fairly low scoring affair, but this will be a different animal.