Does it feel different NOW?

After the Jets game I posted that "this win felt different." We were not stupid. We were composed. We were not penalized to death. It got a lot of replies. Many said yes, but just as many said "its just the Jets." I hate negativity. So for one day, the optimists have it. Does it feel different yet? Absolutely!

Consider what McDermott have done with cap and personnel. Just incredible. Six picks, out of cap hell, beat the Broncos and sitting in first place - and our two highest paid players (I believe) did not even play. Un-bill-evable! Pats looked like crap against the Texans. I am not sure we are not the stronger team.

Fish = gutless.

Other than one drive that felt "Rex-like", it does feel different. OC and OL coach are suspect, but we are 3 games in. We were also missing what should be our best guy on both sides of the line, so a win is a good feeling. And I do LOVE the idea of two picks per round in the next draft!

Playoffs or not - it is different. We are on the right track. Anyone that can't see that either likes to be miserable or has no football sense. I said at the time of my first post after the Jets - who knows if we have enough talent to make the playoffs (given the moves of that moron Whaley), but this is a real team. They are solid. They play for each other. And we, my friends, are headed in the right direct. I played this game as long as I could (sadly only through high school) and have watched it 50 years. We are on the move. May take a couple years, but it will be a fun ride. And it may not take a couple years to make the playoffs - we are right on the edge right now.

After the Jets game I posted that "this win felt different." We were not stupid. We were composed. We were not penalized to death. It got a lot of replies. Many said yes, but just as many said "its just the Jets." I hate negativity. So for one day, the optimists have it. Does it feel different yet? Absolutely!

Consider what McDermott have done with cap and personnel. Just incredible. Six picks, out of cap hell, beat the Broncos and sitting in first place - and our two highest paid players (I believe) did not even play. Un-bill-evable! Pats looked like crap against the Texans. I am not sure we are not the stronger team.

Fish = gutless.

. Nice win today but it's very early. The offense still has a long long way to go before they compete for a playoff spot.

Eh. It's still too early.

The Bills have been hovering around .500 ball for several seasons now. This team is the very definition of inconsistent.

One week they play good. The next bad. Which is exactly what we've seen so far in 2017.

The Broncos were a 9-7 team last year, and were very overrated coming into today's game. I'm not sold on Trevor Siemien, and it was only a matter of time before his play started dropping off again. Denver is a mediocre team overall, but just had a strong start for the first 2 weeks. It's true that I didn't like this matchup, and didn't think the Bills would win today. But I'm not as SHOCKED as some around the NFL are trying to make it.

Let's see how the Bills handle a true playoff/Super Bowl contender next week, against the Falcons. If they shut down that offense, or manage a win... then we may have something to talk about. Until then, I still see this team finishing in the 7-8 win range. At best.

What does hovering around .500 for two Rex years have to do with this ball club? Nothing. The personnel has been turned over. Not too early to see this is a highly competitive squad if you know the game. They got high character guys that like to compete. Everybody laughed at that (Jauron II; give me talent over character). But people who know the game and sports in general know sufficient talent + character = wins; sufficient talent with low character -= losses. You are seeing the proof. If you are willing to.

Look, regardless of their record this year, this team plays with heart and competes till the end of the game. That's how you build a football team. I think we need more talent and help but we're on the right track.

Love the bounce back by White today. Good character and heart by players who look like a team for once.

And just who were the " low character " players that were purged. I can think of a couple but I d bet they're not the ones you are thinking of. They are playing well, tackling well and being more fundamentally sound . Not surprising as we watched a Rex team the last couple years. But the hovering around .500 has gone on much longer than just the Rex era. There are still issues that need to be fixed. A good showing thus far.

I am not close enough to it to know any "low character" players purged. I was not putting anyone down who is gone, I was more applauding the type of folks they are bringing in. Read their stories - Matthews, Zay, Gaines, on and on. Player after player they have brought in has a great story, and I have enjoyed reading them. One who I suspect (but have no way of knowing), who was not a good influence was Gilmore. You just can't point at your teammates while they go in for a score, anyone who played knows that. But again, I am not in that locker, I mean it more as a compliment for who they have brought in than a put-down for who is gone.

Im am ecstatic about this win. I havent felt this pumped in a long time. When we beat the Colts the first week of the season two years ago I was pumped, but then they stunk down the road. Denver has a legit top defense and a decent offense.

Saying that, I fully expect to lose to Atlanta next week. I feel they just have too much firepower and they are home. I still feel Dennison is calling too much of a safe game to compete against that team. This team will feel different to me when we don't lose a game we should win like years past. I mean we have had this before. Beating a team we really shouldn't have beat only to turn around and have a stinker against a team we have no business losing too.

Things feel different yes, but they need to complete the process.

Take nothing away from today but this team is 2-1 and probably will be 2-2 after next weeks game in Atlanta.

He's the magic number for me, can this team be 6-4 or better after 10 games? Because as crazy as it sounds the Bills have never been 6-4 or better since the first year the drought began in 2000 when they finished 8-8.

Until then nothing changes really.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

I am not close enough to it to know any "low character" players purged. I was not putting anyone down who is gone, I was more applauding the type of folks they are bringing in. Read their stories - Matthews, Zay, Gaines, on and on. Player after player they have brought in has a great story, and I have enjoyed reading them. One who I suspect (but have no way of knowing), who was not a good influence was Gilmore. You just can't point at your teammates while they go in for a score, anyone who played knows that. But again, I am not in that locker, I mean it more as a compliment for who they have brought in than a put-down for who is gone.

I agree on Gilmore. He just was not interested in doing any dirty work, only covering. He was on my list. Most guys on my list were defensive players. At home vs PIT and MIA were really illuminating to me.

Agree as to Atlanta. Likely loss, but with a smart, competitive team - an any given Sunday. I don't feel hopeless going in, but a win would indeed be a surprise.

And two posts back asking for who of low character who is gone. I note that I was more applauding who they brought in than attacking anyone who left. But it is also a compliment to whom they have voluntarily kept (they have no choice with Dareus). Tyrod is of the highest character. Kyle is a heart and soul dude. Lorax? That is a man who wants it. I was unsure when we acquired him, but I feel Shady would die for his team. All of them could have been cap casualties.

Not really. They can lose and it wouldn't be a big negative. Two NFC losses are better than two AFC losses. Take care of the conference games.

Yeah the conference game are magnified. I just want to see if they can hang with ATL. A huge reason for not mailing the playoffs for this team has been its road performance . You need to be .500 on the road to have a shot. Even if they lost to ATL, a good showing would give me reason to think that they could hit a .500 away record.

Agree as to Atlanta. Likely loss, but with a smart, competitive team - an any given Sunday. I don't feel hopeless going in, but a win would indeed be a surprise.

And two posts back asking for who of low character who is gone. I note that I was more applauding who they brought in than attacking anyone who left. But it is also a compliment to whom they have voluntarily kept (they have no choice with Dareus). Tyrod is of the highest character. Kyle is a heart and soul dude. Lorax? That is a man who wants it. I was unsure when we acquired him, but I feel Shady would die for his team. All of them could have been cap casualties.

Atlanta has barely won 2 road games, but they did win and Detroit seems like a good team in their own right.

But at home they dominated the Packers and have been very dominant there in recent years with Matt Ryan.

Not sure the bills get blown out this week but that type of game is coming and will be interesting to see how this team responds after their first ugly loss of the season, whether next week or not.