Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok. Still too much commentary. At least it's not outright lies and spin portrayed as fact that everyone should agree with. I used to like CNN better years ago.

Omg are you serious?

Wow.

Fox News is actually one of the, if not the worst, offender

But they are a conservative news channel you you identify with them and be,ieve what they say because it fits your beliefs.

Edited by BillsFan4

copy.

we agree on this more than you realize.

i got to the tv to eat lunch and turn it on to nfl coverage and all that is being discussed is josh norman's take on protests.

His prejudice is not restricted to blacks. You should see what he calls gays.

limp wristed PJ's?

How many of us have a national platform with which our protest can possibly bring attention to our cause? If I could start my work day once a week with an email to all of my clients explaining how I detest the president and all that he stands for, and I actually felt it would make an ounce of difference, I'd be on that. I don't like that the anthem has been chosen as the platform for this protest as there are so many things for which it stands that deserve respect, but today's America is a divided nation and so many of the NFL's players stand on the opposite side of it from the president. Having a president that openly states that a Nazi flag-carrying, gun-toting, anti-semetic chanting group of marchers has many good people in it is surely not invoking confidence in a group largely consisting of black and hispanic males.

That is a mischaracterization of what he said. There were many good people there who were only in attendance because they objected to the removal of the monument. They were not Nazis or KKKers. They were objecting to the erasure of our heritage. Sorta like being against book burning.

Many players from the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars knelt during the national anthem at the start of their game in London, continuing a form of protest Trump has spent the past three days condemning.

Adding another blow to Trump, all of the players stood up for a later performance of "God Save the Queen."

Many players from the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars knelt during the national anthem at the start of their game in London, continuing a form of protest Trump has spent the past three days condemning.
Adding another blow to Trump, all of the players stood up for a later performance of "God Save the Queen."

Rather ironic I'd say.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jaguars-ravens-players-kneel-national-anthem-article-1.3517618

Thats great....when Jacksonville moves to London, they should be able to hit the ground running.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jaguars-ravens-players-kneel-national-anthem-article-1.3517618

now, that is !@#$ing hilarious to how the UK has treated this country

That is a mischaracterization of what he said. There were many good people there who were only in attendance because they objected to the removal of the monument. They were not Nazis or KKKers. They were objecting to the erasure of our heritage. Sorta like being against book burning.

That is how you read it and not what he stated at the time, but what was placed in a follow-up press release. Trump really has zero ability to consider his statements while he's making them. You can support him all you like, and I will never comprehend how someone can, but you cannot honestly believe that he is articulate, well-spoken or considerate of his words. Should a leader of a world power not at least provide these three attributes?

That is how you read it and not what he stated at the time, but what was placed in a follow-up press release. Trump really has zero ability to consider his statements while he's making them. You can support him all you like, and I will never comprehend how someone can, but you cannot honestly believe that he is articulate, well-spoken or considerate of his words. Should a leader of a world power not at least provide these three attributes?

To be fair, those are the same three attributes... :ph34r:

I haven't even tuned in yet, wont until the game starts. some things are easily avoided, for myself anyway.

i turned to saved by the bell

just saw josh norman with his new hairdo, paused on it and listened to see his take and watched until he is done. turned back over to see what they're talking about and terry, and all the fox crew were talking about how trump shouldn't attack nfl players and they hope this will do as sports is supposed to do - unify the country

Because those shootings don't " matter". Even though the victims have families and many people likely know who the killer was. And they were murdered, it wasn't a tragic ending to a situation that didn't need to happen if someone had just followed simple instructions. This is all about who is doing the shooting, even though it's rare statistically. It's about the shooter, not the one who was shot. Ever see a story on national news about a white victim of a police shooting? Because there are more of them than anything else. Such garbage.

You are a good football poster.

You are comically ignorant/misinformed about just about everything else. I'm guessing you live in Florida?

What else would you expect from the resident crap throwing monkey.

racist racist!!!!! RACIST!!!!!

SOOOO R A C I S T!!!!!!!!!

also crap throwing monkey is not me, it's dc tom.

you'll never, ever have the balls to quote me and i think it's hilarious. you are a lot like Trump. you hurl insults and platitudes to rile up folks with no real purpose of saying a thing or havign meaning. buuuutttttt you think it matters a lot.

26copypaste = trump

You are comically ignorant/misinformed about just about everything else. I'm guessing you live in Florida?

SEcond guess is boston.

Edited by Boyst62

Do people realize that you don't have to listen to the President?

Ignore him. Just...ignore him. That's all you gotta do. "Today, the President said something stupid again. We're not going to repeat it, because really, who gives a ****? Now, in real news..."

The next intelligent politically oriented post I see from you will be the first. You're a bomb thrower who adds nothing of substance to the discussion. We get it, you're a leftist and everything outside of your opinion is idiotic and/or evil.

Ignore him. Just...ignore him. That's all you gotta do. "Today, the President said something stupid again. We're not going to repeat it, because really, who gives a ****? Now, in real news..."

if you do not have a cause on the current status of the president than you are labeled as an apologist or someone who is guilty of privilege.

everyone wants their 15 minutes. whoever this stephon curry is i imagine this is the only way he can get attention.

The next intelligent politically oriented post I see from you will be the first. You're a bomb thrower who adds nothing of substance to the discussion. We get it, you're a leftist and everything outside of your opinion is idiotic and/or evil.

You might want to reconsider that. He presumably likes football and football is a man's sport.post-9240-0-15751500-1506270908_thumb.jpg

Omg are you serious?

Wow.

Fox News is actually one of the, if not the worst, offender

But they are a conservative news channel you you identify with them and be,ieve what they say because it fits your beliefs.

I'm not a conservative. I don't agree with everything they say by a long shot. They at least represent their opinions as commentary . Unlike CNN which paints commentary as fact. It's much worse post Obama, but it was quite bad then too. I don't believe in conservative doctrine on the vast majority of social issues, so I am not a conservative.

I like you! lol

I think that's one of the biggest mistakes the media ever made was treating trump as a serious candidate. They had Trump stories on 24/7. It was his whole campaign strategy - say something controversial and get days worth of free publicity.

They still have Trump on 24/7 on these 24 hour news channels. It's why I took them right out of my channel lineup. My TV automatically skips all of those 24 hour news channels now.

I do my very best to ignore anything trump related. But it's kind of hard not to get sucked into this crap on occasion.