No more XX Bills fans (Title edited)

I was too young to remember the last time the Bills were in the playoffs. It has been 17 years and frankly I'm fcking sick of it. When is enough enough! The defense I saw against Carolina was amazing. Can't we all just agree we are a QB away from the playoffs? We probably need a few better WR's and such, but we have been neglecting the most important position in all of football for over 17 years, it is crazy!!! Doug Whaley, Dick Jauron, Rex Ryan, and countless other trash coaches/GM's have done nothing but prolong this embarrassment. If we had a 1st Rd Qb I can tell you we would be in the playoffs within 2 years and competing for the Lombardi trophy in five. What fcking idiot takes a WR or even a CB in the 1st rd when we dont even have an established QB. Sure, you can make the argument that having a great QB doesn't guarantee you playoffs as example by the Saints and Colts. But Drew Brees has a ring and Luck has brought them to two AFC Championships. Even if you discard that you can see that Sean Mcderrmott is not going to let the defense be soft as evident by his time in Carolina and his coaching here so far. I am sick of watching a s*it product on the field every Sunday, we need to let the Bills front office know we are not going to take this garbage team's product anymore. I one day want to see the 90's four superbowl losses become a distant memory, when we can hold the Lombardi trophy high over the streets of Buffalo.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too young to remember the last time the Bills were in the playoffs. It has been 17 years and frankly I'm fcking sick of it. When is enough enough! The defense I saw against Carolina was amazing. Can't we all just agree we are a QB away from the playoffs? We probably need a few better WR's and such, but we have been neglecting the most important position in all of football for over 17 years, it is crazy!!! Doug Whaley, Dick Jauron, Rex Ryan, and countless other trash coaches/GM's have done nothing but prolong this embarrassment. If we had a 1st Rd Qb I can tell you we would be in the playoffs within 2 years and competing for the Lombardi trophy in five. What fcking idiot takes a WR or even a CB in the 1st rd when we dont even have an established QB. Sure, you can make the argument that having a great QB doesn't guarantee you playoffs as example by the Saints and Colts. But Drew Brees has a ring and Luck has brought them to two AFC Championships. Even if you discard that you can see that Sean Mcderrmott is not going to let the defense be soft as evident by his time in Carolina and his coaching here so far. I am sick of watching a s*it product on the field every Sunday, we need to let the Bills front office know we are not going to take this garbage team's product anymore. I one day want to see the 90's four superbowl losses become a distant memory, when we can hold the Lombardi trophy high over the streets of Buffalo.

we've had 1st round QBs, problem is they were not good

Fans at the end of a season

"We need to rebuild! Sell everything off! Collect as many draft picks as possible! Get a new GM and coach! We need to suck fir a few years to get better players!"

BILLS off-season

- hire a new coach and gm

- use assetts to obtain additional picks in the next draft

- attempt to change the laid back culture around the team from previous coach whom everyone complained let things get too lax

- get the defence back close to a level it was at recently when it was on of the better ones.

- go 1-1 to start a season while losing a game where they were within a scoring of winning it against a team that was supposed to destroy them

Bills fans

"Ugh! Fire everyone and start over! It's going to be over 17 years without playoffs now! These guys don't know what they are doing! Should have kept the last coaches! How are draft picks helping us NOW! This franchise is the worst ever in NFL history! I'm so done with this team!"

"We need to rebuild! Sell everything off! Collect as many draft picks as possible! Get a new GM and coach! We need to suck fir a few years to get better players!"

BILLS off-season

- attempt to change the laid back culture around the team from previous coach whom everyone complained let things get too lax

- get the defence back close to a level it was at recently when it was on of the better ones.

- go 1-1 to start a season while losing a game where they were within a scoring of winning it against a team that was supposed to destroy them

Bills fans

"Ugh! Fire everyone and start over! It's going to be over 17 years without playoffs now! These guys don't know what they are doing! Should have kept the last coaches! How are draft picks helping us NOW! This franchise is the worst ever in NFL history! I'm so done with this team!"

It's a fun strawman to take two opposing voices and act as if they're the same person.

BILLS off-season

Bills fans

The problem is we don't build around the QB, we tend to do the opposite. Which has been proven to be an ineffective way to build an NFL team. The only way to get a solid 1st rd Qb is to tank, cause else we will get somebody who is either a 'work in progress' or another e.j manuel.

I fear we should have Jetsed out on the rebuild. Our D is playing too well and TT while limited is too careful with the ball. Need a top 3 pick to have options in the draft. It's critical.

100% agree

The problem is we don't build around the QB, we tend to do the opposite. Which has been proven to be an ineffective way to build an NFL team. The only way to get a solid 1st rd Qb is to tank, cause else we will get somebody who is either a 'work in progress' or another e.j manuel.

100% agree

No. That isn't proven at all.

No, we "can't all just agree we are a QB away from the playoffs" because it's simply not true. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a FO with the will/desire/competence/interest (take your pick of one, some or maybe take all of them) to get the Bills into the playoffs. They've been proving that for 18 years. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a coaching staff capable of running any kind of modern offense. Ever hear the song, "Lost in the Fifties"? That describes the Bills offensive "system".

More happy thoughts:

• The Bills QB isn't the real problem. Taylor's certainly capable of getting a team to the playoffs with some help ... like a defense which he didn't have last season and an NFL caliber OC which he doesn't have this season.
  • The OL's struggles with the new blocking system installed by OC Rick Dennison is a major problem with the offense. QBs need protection when they pass. RBs need holes to run through. The Bills OL isn't pass protecting or run blocking adequately. After TC, preseason, and now 2 games, that the OL is still struggling says something's amiss: lack of talent, players unsuited for the scheme, poor coaching. Again, pick one or all. Also of concern is the ages of both C Eric Wood and LG Richie Incognito, both on the wrong side of thirty, and nobody on the roster likely to develop into players as good as those two.
  • The Bills don't have an NFL caliber WR corps after sending Hogan East to NE last off season and Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin West to LA and SF this past off season.
  • Behind McCoy, there's nobody to pick up the slack if he gets nicked. If he were to suffer any kind of serious injury, the Bills running game would be DOA because Mike Gillislee is hoping to win a SB ring with the Pats this season like Hogan did last year.
  • The Bills do have decent TEs led by Charles Clay.
  • The Bills do have what looks like a good defense. Unfortunately, Kyle Williams is 34 and may retire soon and it looks like the Bills are going to send Dareus packing rather than pay him. They have nobody else at DT to replace the talent if those two are gone. Several other key members of the front seven are getting "long in the tooth", too. The secondary has some decent pieces, but again, the best talent from the Bills secondary is now on other teams, most notably NE. At best, they're very thin.

false.

Brady - 6th round

Carr - 2nd round

Rodgers - 24th OA

Wilson - 3rd round

Prescott - 4th round

Big Ben - 11th OA

Brees - 2nd round

Cousins - 4th round

The Bills can still find their QB in the draft, even if they don't finish with a top 5 draft pick. The defense is probably too good to lose more than 9 or 10 games, so the Bills will probably end up drafting right around 10 (as usual), but they have plenty of draft capital to play with.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but the Bills would benefit from a team losing their proven QB (or just losing, period) and finishing with a poor record. The Jets and Browns are obviously going to draft before Buffalo, possibly San Francisco as well. Three teams that all need QBs. The top 3 QBs will all probably be gone well before 10. The Bills will need to trade up.

Or maybe their guy is gone, and they don't draft a QB early in 2018, and trade out of both 1st round picks. They would have an unreal amount of capital in 2019.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Trust the process

Unfortunately, that's all we can do at this point (other than B word and moan about every move). They are in year 1 of building their team. Obtaining draft picks for players they don't want to be on the team or just cutting them, for whatever reason, right or wrong, that's what they are doing. They are looking 2 or 3 years out and really don't care if the Bills franchise haven't been to the playoffs in forever, they are trying to get into the playoffs in year 2 or 3. The only BS, is believing they are putting the best team on the field in order to win right now, that's obviously not the case, they are looking to the future.

I mean you can get lucky and get a R. Wilson or D. Prescott but you have a better chance of getting your franchise guyby tanking and getting a top 3 pick.

Since 2011 with the changes to the rookie wage scale 9 QBs have been selected. 4 of those 9 were acquired via trade-ups.

Cam Newton: 0.563 Win % - 3/6 Playoff Appearances

Andrew Luck: 0.614 Win % - 3/5 Playoff Appearances

Robert Griffin III: 0.375 Win % - 1/5 Playoff Appearances

Blake Bortles: 0.255 Win % - 0/3 Playoff Appearances

Jameis Winston: 0.485 Win % - 0/2 Playoff Appearances

Marcus Mariota: 0.414 Win % - 0/2 Playoff Appearances

Jared Goff: 0.200 Win % - 0/1 Playoff Appearances

Carson Wentz: 0.444 Win % - 0/1 Playoff Appearances

Mitch Trubisky: 0 Games Played

Teams picking in the top 3 aren't a QB away. There's a lot more to it than that.

Since 2011 with the changes to the rookie wage scale 9 QBs have been selected. 4 of those 9 were acquired via trade-ups.

Teams picking in the top 3 aren't a QB away. There's a lot more to it than that.

Well looking at the 18 QB class we will have to have a top 5 pick to get our franchise qb. We probably will not be that bad to get there but my hope is we sell the barn to move up and grab him. He may not work out but it will not be for the lack of trying. I agree with a previous poster it also seems like our front office is not putting in the work for us to become successfully.

Well looking at the 18 QB class we will have to have a top 5 pick to get our franchise qb. We probably will not be that bad to get there but my hope is we sell the barn to move up and grab him. He may not work out but it will not be for the lack of trying. I agree with a previous poster it also seems like our front office is not putting in the work for us to become successfully.

Looking at the 2018 QB class it can easily be argued that there will be value throughout the 1st round, not just in the 1st 5 picks. As far as not putting in the work for us to become successful, we have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of next years draft, which is all the ammo we should need to secure the QB of our preference in a QB rich draft class. Lots of people have claimed they want us to bottom out and tank, and now that we've lost 1 game (by 6 points, we covered the spread) they're upset that we're losing.

I fear we should have Jetsed out on the rebuild. Our D is playing too well and TT while limited is too careful with the ball. Need a top 3 pick to have options in the draft. It's critical.

Yep.

I have no idea if the salary cap would allow it, and there's still time in the season, but they should have traded Shady / Tyrod / Matthews / Richie / Wood / Dareus / Kyle Williams / Hughes if they could get any sort of decent draft pick. They had no business signing guys like Holmes, Duccasse, Hauska (yeah, all you "blah blah comp picks" idiots, picks in the 3rd and 4th round matter and aren't worth the difference going down a tier from those players). Everything about the organization should be about finding cheap young players who can play, giving guys an opportunity, and accumulating as many draft picks as possible. Instead they have one foot into rebuilding and one foot making sure they won't be tied to 2-14 type seasons, and ultimately it comes down to Pegula giving the green light, if not encouraging being that bad, but he won't do it.

Few if any owners have the stomach to willingly sign up for 1-15 / 2-14 type seasons, the Browns are the closest to it and people are crazy if they don't think Hue and Sashi aren't going to be on VERY thin ice if they turn in another 1-15 season and come out of it without a true answer at QB. We don't have the stomach for it as an organization, instead we are going to be back to the Jauron 6-10 / 7-9 boring old Bills.

100% agree

the only team to truly "tank" for their qb would be the colts for luck.

Looking at the 2018 QB class it can easily be argued that there will be value throughout the 1st round, not just in the 1st 5 picks. As far as not putting in the work for us to become successful, we have 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds of next years draft, which is all the ammo we should need to secure the QB of our preference in a QB rich draft class. Lots of people have claimed they want us to bottom out and tank, and now that we've lost 1 game (by 6 points, we covered the spread) they're upset that we're losing.

Right now we look like a team with a bottom 5 offense and top 10 defense so that is why we covered the spread haha. Not cause it was some intense, great football team. The football gods might help us out since we will probably lose to the Broncos and get p*ssy pounded by the Falcons.

Right now we look like a team with a bottom 5 offense and top 10 defense so that is why we covered the spread haha. Not cause it was some intense, great football team. The football gods might help us out since we will probably lose to the Broncos and get p*ssy pounded by the Falcons.

Isn't that what you want though? Or do you want us to tank by not losing? Personally, I don't ever want the Bills to lose. I also happen to believe we have enough draft ammo to get the QB our staff identifies as the best, regardless of how many games we win this year. You also cited Drew Brees in your original post. Did you know he was a 2nd round pick? Did you also know that the pick used to acquire him was gained via the Chargers trading down?

The Cowboys and Raiders were picking in the top 5 when they got Dak & Carr...

we've had 1st round QBs, problem is they were not good

We've had bad 1st round QB's because they were bad and everyone knew it. EJ Manuel had a round 3 grade on him. JP Losman was the 4th QB taken and was not expected to be anything either. How about we take the top QB where all of the experts agree this is a good QB

You mean like the 3 who played last night and accounted for almost 300 yards receiving and 2 TDs? Like those kinds of WRs?

at least leave the illusion that a top QB will be an improvement

Where are you going with that? Also, the point was top 3, not top 5.

Huge distinction between 3rd and 5th...

The implication in your post seems to be teams drafting in the top 3 who take a QB stay bad, those two guys were drafted onto "bad" teams.

Really I don't know what you are trying to say, but RG3's career was ruined by injury, Bortles was a reach and everyone knew it, Goff the jury is still out on but he's turning it around, but Cam / Luck / Winston / Mariota / Wentz all very much look the part and are better than anything we've had on the field since #12 walked off it for the last time, regardless of what their win % or playoff appearances currently state.

Huge distinction between 3rd and 5th...

The implication in your post seems to be teams drafting in the top 3 who take a QB stay bad, those two guys were drafted onto "bad" teams.

Really I don't know what you are trying to say, but RG3's career was ruined by injury, Bortles was a reach and everyone knew it, Goff the jury is still out on but he's turning it around, but Cam / Luck / Winston / Mariota / Wentz all very much look the part and are better than anything we've had on the field since #12 walked off it for the last time, regardless of what their win % or playoff appearances currently state.

First, if you look at the success rate of QB's drafted the line is very clearly drawn at the top 3 picks.

Second, Dallas wouldn't have been the same team if they took Dak and didn't have Zeke and Oakland surely wouldn't be the same team if they took Carr and didn't have Mack.

What I'm trying to say is that the OP's whiney statement if full of discrepancies and erroneous thoughts. Especially when it comes to the idea of tanking being a tactic that has proven to be successful.

The Cowboys and Raiders were picking in the top 5 when they got Dak & Carr...

And they didn't get them in the first round either. Again another reason why we don't need a billion draft assets to pull in a franchise QB. Hmmm...let me look around the NFL:

The 3 absolute undeniable top 3 QBs in the NFL are (in no particular order)

Brady - 6th round pick.

Brees - 2nd round pick.

Rogers - Late first round pick.

Then there are guys like:

Big Ben - mid round first

Wilson - 3rd rounder

Dak - 3rd rounder

Cousins - 4th rounder

Yes there are guys playing at a high level that came from the top of the draft like Mariota, Ryan, Winston, etc. But the point is that is NOT imperative to pick in the top 5 to get a franchise QB. And this next draft year is going to be as deep as we have seen in a long time at QB and highly possible we don't even need to make a trade to get our guy and we may not even use one of our first round picks on one to be honest.

Although I do expect us to probably draft a QB in the first, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't with how deep it could be if all the expected guys declare for the draft. They may use the 2 first rounders on other positions and go after a QB in the 2nd. Again, I do personally feel we will get a QB in the first, just saying thats not outside the realm of possibility. SD passed on a QB to take LT instead and got Bress in the 2nd. Raiders passed on a QB to take Mack and got Carr in the 2nd. Tons of examples of this happening.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Mr. Hokie, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Welcome to the Buffalo Bills.

Yep.

I have no idea if the salary cap would allow it, and there's still time in the season, but they should have traded Shady / Tyrod / Matthews / Richie / Wood / Dareus / Kyle Williams / Hughes if they could get any sort of decent draft pick. They had no business signing guys like Holmes, Duccasse, Hauska (yeah, all you "blah blah comp picks" idiots, picks in the 3rd and 4th round matter and aren't worth the difference going down a tier from those players). Everything about the organization should be about finding cheap young players who can play, giving guys an opportunity, and accumulating as many draft picks as possible. Instead they have one foot into rebuilding and one foot making sure they won't be tied to 2-14 type seasons, and ultimately it comes down to Pegula giving the green light, if not encouraging being that bad, but he won't do it.

Few if any owners have the stomach to willingly sign up for 1-15 / 2-14 type seasons, the Browns are the closest to it and people are crazy if they don't think Hue and Sashi aren't going to be on VERY thin ice if they turn in another 1-15 season and come out of it without a true answer at QB. We don't have the stomach for it as an organization, instead we are going to be back to the Jauron 6-10 / 7-9 boring old

We found plenty of cheap young players who can play - lawson, poyer, white. We're giving guys opportunities - humber, gaines, jones. We're accumulating picks - trading watkins, darby, ragland.

You don't always build a winning culture by going 1-15. They've added a bunch of picks, and are trying to both have ammo to move around the draft, but also inject a bunch of young talent into the team in a single year.