No more XX Bills fans (Title edited)

we've had 1st round QBs, problem is they were not good

JP and EJ say hi...lol

I actually believe McD when he says he's building a team. Fix and build up the defense first. Doing that we can at least compete.

Strip down and build an offense with players Dennison can use next year. Who cares if Shady touches the ball 600 times this year. His health isn't in the long term plan. Same with Tyrod. Let him get killed behind that online. Neither player will be here next season.

I have endured 17 season of failure too and the LAST thing I want is 1 playoff appearance, a one and done and 10 more years of a crap storm. Chalk this season up to seeing what we have and build a team to take over the top spot in the division once the demise of Brady happens. Compete for the following decade. That should be the plan and I believe it is the plan. There is your process.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans at the end of a season

"We need to rebuild! Sell everything off! Collect as many draft picks as possible! Get a new GM and coach! We need to suck fir a few years to get better players!"

BILLS off-season

- hire a new coach and gm

- use assetts to obtain additional picks in the next draft

- attempt to change the laid back culture around the team from previous coach whom everyone complained let things get too lax

- get the defence back close to a level it was at recently when it was on of the better ones.

- go 1-1 to start a season while losing a game where they were within a scoring of winning it against a team that was supposed to destroy them

Bills fans

"Ugh! Fire everyone and start over! It's going to be over 17 years without playoffs now! These guys don't know what they are doing! Should have kept the last coaches! How are draft picks helping us NOW! This franchise is the worst ever in NFL history! I'm so done with this team!"

Pretty much on point.

If the Bills fire one more head coach, waste valuable draft picks to convert yet another defense then I am truly done.

McD needs to die before i will accept another HC

Edited by THE SLAMMER

If Trump had bought the team, they would already be the Atlantic City Bills.

That would have been a huge gamble. B-)

Russ Brandon would be investigated for trying to play 2 games a year in Russia to expand our base.

:lol:

If the Bills fire one more head coach, waste valuable draft picks to convert yet another defense then I am truly done.

He just might due to exhaustion from excessive clapping. :lol:

If we had the old OC and OLine coach, we are better tomorrow. Now, is that the style we want? Does that win it all? That's a tougher question, but they scored enough last year to be in the playoffs with the current defense.

I'm sick of the silly "17 year drought" stuff. New owners, new front office, new players.....let's judge them by what THEY actually do rather than their predecessors. That just seems reasonable to me. (I get being frustrated, but seriously folks...)

No, we "can't all just agree we are a QB away from the playoffs" because it's simply not true. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a FO with the will/desire/competence/interest (take your pick of one, some or maybe take all of them) to get the Bills into the playoffs. They've been proving that for 18 years. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a coaching staff capable of running any kind of modern offense. Ever hear the song, "Lost in the Fifties"? That describes the Bills offensive "system".

More happy thoughts:

• The Bills QB isn't the real problem. Taylor's certainly capable of getting a team to the playoffs with some help ... like a defense which he didn't have last season and an NFL caliber OC which he doesn't have this season.
  • The OL's struggles with the new blocking system installed by OC Rick Dennison is a major problem with the offense. QBs need protection when they pass. RBs need holes to run through. The Bills OL isn't pass protecting or run blocking adequately. After TC, preseason, and now 2 games, that the OL is still struggling says something's amiss: lack of talent, players unsuited for the scheme, poor coaching. Again, pick one or all. Also of concern is the ages of both C Eric Wood and LG Richie Incognito, both on the wrong side of thirty, and nobody on the roster likely to develop into players as good as those two.
  • The Bills don't have an NFL caliber WR corps after sending Hogan East to NE last off season and Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin West to LA and SF this past off season.
  • Behind McCoy, there's nobody to pick up the slack if he gets nicked. If he were to suffer any kind of serious injury, the Bills running game would be DOA because Mike Gillislee is hoping to win a SB ring with the Pats this season like Hogan did last year.
  • The Bills do have decent TEs led by Charles Clay.
  • The Bills do have what looks like a good defense. Unfortunately, Kyle Williams is 34 and may retire soon and it looks like the Bills are going to send Dareus packing rather than pay him. They have nobody else at DT to replace the talent if those two are gone. Several other key members of the front seven are getting "long in the tooth", too. The secondary has some decent pieces, but again, the best talent from the Bills secondary is now on other teams, most notably NE. At best, they're very thin.

Nailed it.

:beer:

No, we "can't all just agree we are a QB away from the playoffs" because it's simply not true. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a FO with the will/desire/competence/interest (take your pick of one, some or maybe take all of them) to get the Bills into the playoffs. They've been proving that for 18 years. "We" -- the Bills -- lack a coaching staff capable of running any kind of modern offense. Ever hear the song, "Lost in the Fifties"? That describes the Bills offensive "system".

More happy thoughts:

• The Bills QB isn't the real problem. Taylor's certainly capable of getting a team to the playoffs with some help ... like a defense which he didn't have last season and an NFL caliber OC which he doesn't have this season.
  • The OL's struggles with the new blocking system installed by OC Rick Dennison is a major problem with the offense. QBs need protection when they pass. RBs need holes to run through. The Bills OL isn't pass protecting or run blocking adequately. After TC, preseason, and now 2 games, that the OL is still struggling says something's amiss: lack of talent, players unsuited for the scheme, poor coaching. Again, pick one or all. Also of concern is the ages of both C Eric Wood and LG Richie Incognito, both on the wrong side of thirty, and nobody on the roster likely to develop into players as good as those two.
  • The Bills don't have an NFL caliber WR corps after sending Hogan East to NE last off season and Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin West to LA and SF this past off season.
  • Behind McCoy, there's nobody to pick up the slack if he gets nicked. If he were to suffer any kind of serious injury, the Bills running game would be DOA because Mike Gillislee is hoping to win a SB ring with the Pats this season like Hogan did last year.
  • The Bills do have decent TEs led by Charles Clay.
  • The Bills do have what looks like a good defense. Unfortunately, Kyle Williams is 34 and may retire soon and it looks like the Bills are going to send Dareus packing rather than pay him. They have nobody else at DT to replace the talent if those two are gone. Several other key members of the front seven are getting "long in the tooth", too. The secondary has some decent pieces, but again, the best talent from the Bills secondary is now on other teams, most notably NE. At best, they're very thin.

Excellent post.

The Bills can still find their QB in the draft, even if they don't finish with a top 5 draft pick. The defense is probably too good to lose more than 9 or 10 games, so the Bills will probably end up drafting right around 10 (as usual), but they have plenty of draft capital to play with.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but the Bills would benefit from a team losing their proven QB (or just losing, period) and finishing with a poor record. The Jets and Browns are obviously going to draft before Buffalo, possibly San Francisco as well. Three teams that all need QBs. The top 3 QBs will all probably be gone well before 10. The Bills will need to trade up.

Or maybe their guy is gone, and they don't draft a QB early in 2018, and trade out of both 1st round picks. They would have an unreal amount of capital in 2019.

This is prob exactly what is going to happen and will be like the 04 draft all over where we took Loserman when trying so hard to trade up or in front of Pitts for Big Ben. The only hope I see is if INDY completely tanks in the top 3 without Luck and we can somehow manage to trade up with them?

At this point I rather have kept Whaley and let him actually choose his HC like a real GM does. He would have drafted Mahomes and Watkins would still be here. This trust the process crap is killing me. Whaley knew we needed a QB and that Tyrod was not the answer mid last year. I know I'm a minority on Doug but honestly don't give a hell. He by far put the most talent on this team since the mid to late 90's. It is very unfortunate that we had to deal with the Ryans forced by Pegula that had no F'ing clue how to coach.

I so hope this McBeane era proves me wrong. Done drinking kool-aid from this FO.

Edited by Real McCoy

This is prob exactly what is going to happen and will be like the 04 draft all over where we took Loserman when trying so hard to trade up or in front of Pitts for Big Ben. The only hope I see is if INDY completely tanks in the top 3 without Luck and we can somehow manage to trade up with them?

At this point I rather have kept Whaley and let him actually choose his HC like a real GM does. He would have drafted Mahomes and Watkins would still be here. This trust the process crap is killing me. Whaley knew we needed a QB and that Tyrod was not the answer mid last year. I know I'm a minority on Doug but honestly don't give a hell. He by far put the most talent on this team since the mid to late 90's. It is very unfortunate that we had to deal with the Ryans forced by Pegula that had no F'ing clue how to coach.

I so hope this McBeane era proves me wrong. Done drinking kool-aid from this FO.

One big reason Whaley was fired was because of his infatuation with a bad QB-EJ, who he pushed on two different coaching staffs. Whaley and drafting QBs is a recipe for more failure. If the Bills didn't have TT the last two seasons, they would have been far under .500.

Edited by JM2009

I also prefer your alternate reality. Whaley made considerable mistakes, but he was much better than his reputation with most Bills' fans today. Anyway, Mahomes and Watkins sounds a lot better than our current roster. Next year, in addition to the obvious bad teams needing qbs, I think you can throw in the Vikings, Giants, and Cards as teams that will be looking at qb early. We threw two birds in hand away for chances that may have to be packaged just to get a qb with Mahomes potential and lots of holes to fill. If we end up with a solid franchise qb and some good young pieces, the gamble will retrospectively be judged wise. At this point, it's anything but a foregone conclusion.

Edited by Dr. Who

One big reason Whaley was fired was because of his infatuation with a bad QB-EJ, who he pushed on two different coaching staffs. Whaley and drafting QBs is a recipe for more failure. If the Bills didn't have TT the last two seasons, they would have been far under .500.

He drafted EJ knowing we needed to address the most important position in sports. Obviously EJ did not Pan out, that is one QB. What makes everyone think that whomever we draft at QB next year will not flop? it's a 50/50 crap shot on early 1st rd QB's. You have to let your GM continue to try a couple times to get it right IMO.

Edited by Real McCoy

He drafted EJ knowing we needed to address the most important position in sports. Obviously EJ did not Pan out, that i one friggin QB. What makes everyone think that whomever we draft at QB next year will not flop? it's a 50/50 crap shot on early 1st rd QB's.

Whaely said EJ had the "it" factor.i would never trust him with another draft. And you're right, we have no way of knowing if this group will be any better at it. Whatever QB is in there this season has a bottom five WR corp to work with thanks to their moves.

We've had bad 1st round QB's because they were bad and everyone knew it. EJ Manuel had a round 3 grade on him. JP Losman was the 4th QB taken and was not expected to be anything either. How about we take the top QB where all of the experts agree this is a good QB

and many many people on here were begging the bills tyo take russell wilson a few yrs back. of course the bills knew better.

crappy organizations make crappy moves. lets hope the new guys change 20 yrs of bills idiocy.