Who is the reporter that asked about the lack of WR targets?

Dragonborn10

Because Jerry Sullivan.

I like some of his stuff, when he writes about college stuff or golf he's good. But it's pretty clear he has a vendetta against the Bills and Sabres, likely because Pegula put him in his place when he bought the Sabres. And his colleague Bucky is unreadable. The recent one he did about how he used to be a Bills fan was self serving nonsense.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win. They have wideouts, they will use them. Gotta start taking it on a game by game basis and not overreact to the first one.

With that being said I unfollowed all the Blitz reporters when they made it 3 dollars a month. Not a lot of money, but the content doesnt justify it. Will only miss Carruci and Trepasso.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

Billsmovinup, on 10 Sept 2017 - 11:52 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks dad. Well try to do better.

Being of that older generation, I missed the new English they're teaching these days: Is that "well" as in, "Well, I will try to do better"? Or, is it suppose to be "We'll try to do better"? Or, is it really, "Well try to do better"? In which case, I have no idea what that means.

Edited by CSBill

Jerry Sullivan: Bills win, but don't read too deeply into it

The Bills had defeated the hapless Jets on Sunday, 21-12.

The Jets were supposed to be the worst team in the league and played like it

Remember the Rex Ryan model? Sunday was a reasonable facsimile. Run the ball, play strong defense and special teams and ask Taylor to play a conservative, mistake-free game and run from trouble when he has to.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/10/bills-win-still-lack-vital-resources/

When the team has just put up over 400 yards of offense and controlled the game (converting 50% of 3rd downs), it's not really a reasonable post-game question to ask why the WRs weren't targeted more or to ridicule what the coach said about balance. Do people really not understand that?

Those of you who are paying that $2.99 or clicking on Sully's columns are fools.

Because this is a passing league and you need good WR's to be anything other than a middling team.

Does it really matter what position the players is who is catching the passes?

Hell, I would take post routes thrown to Ritchie Incognito if he gets open and catches them.

Those of you who are paying that $2.99 or clicking on Sully's columns are fools.

fyi....I have not paid an "extra" ($2.99)

currently, I get the hard copy paper delivered on weekends only subscription because "online" access" is included (free) and is actually much cheaper than getting online access "only" without the paper. I prefer online content, the actual paper never comes out of the plastic wrapper.

When the team has just put up over 400 yards of offense and controlled the game (converting 50% of 3rd downs), it's not really a reasonable post-game question to ask why the WRs weren't targeted more or to ridicule what the coach said about balance. Do people really not understand that?

I think the question is fine except for the tone, which as you say was a snarky attempt to ridicule. Fine to ask a question about why the receivers were not targeted more and the Bills gave an answer that made perfect sense to me. But with Jerry it is never just a question..... it is always asked in a snarky manner and to further or create a new agenda.

Why is it that when other teams tailor their offense to what defenses are doing it's smart, but when the Bills do it it's questioned?

Because most of those teams receive questions about their strategies too, despite often having better track records of success.

We are sensitive enough that coach can't even be asked questions now?

Same reporter asked TT and McD about lack of WR targets compared to Clay and Shady. I'm not saying it is an unreasonable question. But it sounds like a question with an agenda as well.

PS I love how TT handled the question about throwing over the middle with a sly smile and then saying "I slid for the first time"

That would be Jerry "Agenda" Sullivan.

I'm not worried about "lack of receiver targets". Lack of actually catching a ball that hits their body above the waist on the part of an eligible receiver worries me, especially on the goal line. Especially when it turns into an interception.

Gotta catch it, Clay.