Full Disclosure: Tank Fever is Breaking.

No need to tank in today's NFL. It is an absurd idea - even the "suck for Luck" drive has arguably been a failure (except in the getting Luck part). We are retooling, not tanking, and if the team over-performs a bit we could slip into the playoffs.

And wasn't that Pats loss a beautiful thing to behold! I know we want Chiefs to lose every game, but I can't believe any true Bills fan could sit there and not be delighted while the Patsies lose at home on the night they were presented with their rings. Watching Brady get drilled while trying to play catch-up at the end was priceless. Like one of the Bills games only it was the Pats!

Once the season starts and the games are on, it's showtime, especially when we don't even know what the team is gonna look like...the offseason is long enough...but I definitely understand where u are coming from.

Edited by JaCrispy

One whiff of fall air.

One drive by of the lots at the Stadium

One Patriots lose

and

Only one day away...

...my fever broke.

Go Bills!

Ha ha, I feel you!! I haven't been less excited about a start to the season maybe ever. As we are getting closer I'm doing a 180. It's exciting that it's here!! Go Bills!!!

The fever will be back in earnest if the Bills lose at home to the Jets - and it could easily happen.

I wouldn't say easily. It's any given sunday and all, but we are a markedly better team than the Jets going in with a better seeming attitude at home.

It could happen. McCown could catch a couple breaks on way to a career day. Their defense could get it together and hold it close enough that a freak play could decide it. My Billsy scenario is that the defense dominates at an absurd level to the degree of not allowing them a first down...until the 4th quarter when it is 9-3 Bills, and McCown hits a TD for the first first down to win the game on the final play.

However, to say it could EASILY happen...no. They are an almost double-digit favorite for a reason. So, let's go Bills!

I litterally have no expectations for this season, and in a way it's making me look MORE forward to this season. No anxiety, no nerves. Just gonna sit and enjoy 16 games this year. That may change depending on how the games go lol

This sums up where I'm at as well. It's actually refreshing.

To me the Bills strategy was to take back less talented players who might be more productive given the factors of health (Watkins vs. Matthews) and fit in system (Gaines vs. Darby.) While getting a pair of high draft choices that give the organization flexibility to make a big move for a QB or simply have a loaded draft class to interject a lot of talent that fits what the new regime wants to do longer term.

Prior to the 2 big trades I pegged the Bills at 7-9 or 8-8, after the big trades my expectations haven't moved much I lean more towards 7-9 so I don't think they downgraded much if at all with those trades if you factor in the context.

I wouldn't say easily. It's any given sunday and all, but we are a markedly better team than the Jets going in with a better seeming attitude at home.

It could happen. McCown could catch a couple breaks on way to a career day. Their defense could get it together and hold it close enough that a freak play could decide it. My Billsy scenario is that the defense dominates at an absurd level to the degree of not allowing them a first down...until the 4th quarter when it is 9-3 Bills, and McCown hits a TD for the first first down to win the game on the final play.

However, to say it could EASILY happen...no. They are an almost double-digit favorite for a reason. So, let's go Bills!

Are you saying that a defense that is starting 2 career special teamers at LB and have an entirely new secondary (including several late round picks) is so far superior to the Jets D that it isn't reasonably likely that the Jets will be in the game at the end? Besides RB, what area do the Bills have an advantage over the Jets?

I'm totally pumped for the new season. New players, new coach, new culture. This is the beginning of our quest to relevance. We won't get their overnight but we are headed there!

Problem is a try-hard, but bottom of the league QB will significantly hold this team back - with little to no growth on offense this year because they are playing an unconventional offense to fit Taylor's game.

Just saw Josh McCown and a bunch of Jets at Chophouse. Dude forgot his credit card and one of them was wearing a tank top. I was going to just tailgate and not go to the game but now I'm in. 19-0!

Still hate the Sammy trade though!

Someone needs to tell visiting sports teams that there are other good restaurants in Buffalo.

I litterally have no expectations for this season, and in a way it's making me look MORE forward to this season. No anxiety, no nerves. Just gonna sit and enjoy 16 games this year. That may change depending on how the games go lol

I agree with this. I think I will enjoy games not including the Bills this year even. For some reason I am excited for the nyg dal game sunday night. Go figure.

I really hope that Tyrod can actually be "unleashed" some way, somehow, and be a true bad*** at the position. Slim chance I know, but that would be awesome. Then we would have all those picks to spend on other positions.

To the OP- Yeah, the Pats loss somehow makes the world a better place. The grass is greener, the wife looks better, even the dog **** smells like roses. The world could use some more Pats losing.

Plus, Hank. Are you ready for some football?

Are you saying that a defense that is starting 2 career special teamers at LB and have an entirely new secondary (including several late round picks) is so far superior to the Jets D that it isn't reasonably likely that the Jets will be in the game at the end? Besides RB, what area do the Bills have an advantage over the Jets?

Problem is a try-hard, but bottom of the league QB will significantly hold this team back - with little to no growth on offense this year because they are playing an unconventional offense to fit Taylor's game.

How can you speak with so much certainty? I mean we haven't even played one REAL game. I'm on the wait and see train, and I honestly feel as though I'll be pleasantly surprised. You might be too.

Edited by Rad Likes The Bills

Fish lose their QB for the year and suddenly flatulant old Jay Cutler is going to make them great. Jets and Fish spot us 4 games this year. Just have go .500 rest of the way and we break the streak. Should have beat the Fish 2x last year.

Thats a cool way to look at it.

We got a shot to sneak in the WC. Break the streak!!

Fish lose their QB for the year and suddenly flatulant old Jay Cutler is going to make them great. Jets and Fish spot us 4 games this year. Just have go .500 rest of the way and we break the streak. Should have beat the Fish 2x last year.

Tannehill is nothing all that special as a QB, which is why Cutler can replace him and look decent. Miami's offense is well constructed and talented, and just about any decent QB would make it click. Contrary to myth here on TBD, a team doesn't necessarily need a "world class" talent at QB if it's got a good offense, a stout defense, and good coaching ... and as Indy demonstrates, a world class talent at QB is wasted if the rest of the pieces aren't in place.

Edited by SoTier