ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I was a player on the team, i would respect them more if they said,

Hey guys listen up. We're all new here and i respect you all as NFL players and the more we get to know you guys, will respect you as men. But just know that we didn't bring you on this team and we're looking for specific players that We like. If players get cut or traded, it's not because of your talent, but more so a business decision that we feel will work better for us...

Or something like that.

But dont say, play good and earn a spot then get rid of a dude that played good.

I think they could care less what any player on the roster thinks...Almost all of them will be long gone by the time they are planning on being decent...

its not about the player, its about the motivation and logistics. No gain to be had cutting . none

Running backs HAVE to adjust to the nfl. It took gillislee 3 years to adjust.

Williams was coming off a bad foot injury and looked primed for a big year in season 2. He was a great prospect and he was having a great preseason.

We lost a good RB today. One that could've replaced shady in 3 years

!@#$ the Bills.

That is all.

Now they are just doing things in spite to clear the roster of anything Whaley related...this is going too far.

Yep. Were losing our team brehs. J Wills college tape was crazy. Now we will never get to see his upside here. That dude cuda been special for the team, he needed 1 more yar of seasoning and he was on a cheap rookie deal. Beane is starting to look like a nashole

Meaning the Bills will be left with nothing. Hosges and Williams cuts make me question coach and GM... How soon till we start calling for their heads.

:thumbsup:

Sabres start in 2 weeks... forget football or root for another team for the year.

I have to say, the "tank" left me a little down on the Sabres too...

Guys, although this was a head scratcher we don't know whether or not he requested a trade or if this stems from an incident in the locker. Let the new regime do there thing. Let's all sit back, take a deep breath, and see this whole thing play out.

I think they could care less what any player on the roster thinks...Almost all of them will be long gone by the time they are planning on being decent...

No matter which way you look at it, it doesn't make sense... McD setting up campfires and having everyone tell their life story on why they came to the NFL while singing koombaya, then cuts players that show production.

But like I said before, I'm pleased with Banyard being #2, but it doesn't justify the move. I'll just take the easy approach and get back to real life issues. That always makes me forget about the moves the Bills organization makes.

After the first preseason game I remember a reporter asked McDermott about how good he looked and McDermott said something like "we'll have to look at the tape, see how he did in pass blocking." That's what he values in his backup RBs, pass blocking. And I'm guessing this will be a more pass heavy offense than people expect.

After the first preseason game I remember a reporter asked McDermott about how good he looked and McDermott said something like "we'll have to look at the tape, see how he did in pass blocking." That's what he values in his backup RBs, pass blocking. And I'm guessing this will be a more pass heavy offense than people expect.

With a poor WR corp.

Guys, although this was a head scratcher we don't know whether or not he requested a trade or if this stems from an incident in the locker. Let the new regime do there thing. Let's all sit back, take a deep breath, and see this whole thing play out.

you are new here i presume? :D

This is bullsht!! All u McBeane ball washers pleae explain to me what cutting the best back up RB on the roster that's on a 5th round pick rookie deal does good for this team? These moves are starting to make no sense now. If they cut Miller and start Dukaka then we kno these are "our guys are better than their guys" playing favorite type moves and thats gonna destroy this team. Better hope they know how to draft bc this rookie GM is losing the fanbase fast.

I'm with you on this.

They should poll the fanbase prior to any moves.

No matter which way you look at it, it doesn't make sense... McD setting up campfires and having everyone tell their life story on why they came to the NFL while singing koombaya, then cuts players that show production.

But like I said before, I'm pleased with Banyard being #2, but it doesn't justify the move. I'll just take the easy approach and get back to real life issues. That always makes me forget about the moves the Bills organization makes.

Totally agree....why the hell was Williams #2 all through camp and extremely productive when he was on the field if they knew they were going to cut him because he was Whaley drafted? There was literally NO reason to do it other than he was drafted by Whaley and had a target on his back from day 1. They were likely hoping he got in and sucked, but then when he got in and excelled they were like "damn...how are we gonna spin this?? Oh well, he has to go..."

John Miller is next...

Edited by matter2003

Then why the hell was Williams #2 all through camp and extremely productive when he was on the field? There was literally NO reason to do it other than he was drafted by Whaley and had a target on his back from day 1. They were likely hoping he got in and sucked, but then when he got in and excelled they were like "damn...how are we gonna spin this?? Oh well, he has to go..."

i think you are reaching. Many of are though.

It's a mystery

Are you serious???? This would be so stupid.

I was serious

They make a few trades and suddenly its a fire sale at OBD.

Come on people get a grip,there is no comparison from a fringe 5th 6th depth corner that was a possible cut and your second string RB.

Some of you are delusional..

I agree but it is over reaction Sat/Sunday ;).

Next is a torch and pitch fork march to OBD to demand Wrex and Whaley are brought back ;)

OH that's why they traded Watkins.

You don't think any of those guys have trade value?

apparently not since it was reported they "aggressively" tried to trade Hodges. Backup RBs with little pro film rarely do either. Jwill wasn't drafted high and didn't play his senior year of college.if anyone wants him they can just claim on waivers. Edited by YoloinOhio

Totally agree....why the hell was Williams #2 all through camp and extremely productive when he was on the field if they knew they were going to cut him because he was Whaley drafted? There was literally NO reason to do it other than he was drafted by Whaley and had a target on his back from day 1. They were likely hoping he got in and sucked, but then when he got in and excelled they were like "damn...how are we gonna spin this?? Oh well, he has to go..."

John Miller is next...

I think Pegs is still PISSED at Lil Doug.

At least I can pretend I'm watching Fred Jackson when Banyard is on the field.

EDIT: Not too upset about this move. I like Tolbert just as much as Williams. Banyard looked good. Jones didn't look all that bad either. Wish we would have gotten a draft pick though.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Maybe there is something we don't know about J. Will, that prompted this cut.

It would be nice if Beane or McDermott came clean & tell us why (the Reilly cut too).

What is bothering me is the Arrogance these two guys seem to have regarding roster moves. They are rookies too, not of Polian & Levy ilk.

God help us....

OH that's why they traded Watkins.

They've said it all along. They're going to try and win now without sacrificing the future. Watkins wasn't part of the future so they got something for him while he still has value. I can guarantee any decent player they've cut they tried to trade first. We only watch one team so we think teams everywhere want someone like Jon Williams but that's why Brandon Reilly cleared waivers after everyone here freaked out.

That's it. I'm done with this GM and coach. The arrogance level here makes Gregg Williams look like Gandhi. The number of good young players they have ditched, while keeping guys in the last stages of their careers, or bringing in their mediocre boys from Carolina and elsewhere, is appalling.

I'm expecting three to five years in the wilderness now. Opie and the Bean are nothing if not supremely sure of themselves, and they are going to take the team down with them.

Disgusted.

They've said it all along. They're going to try and win now without sacrificing the future. Watkins wasn't part of the future so they got something for him while he still has value. I can guarantee any decent player they've cut they tried to trade first. We only watch one team so we think teams everywhere want someone like Jon Williams but that's why Brandon Reilly cleared waivers after everyone here freaked out.

Watkins should have been part of the future.