Trade - Car WR Clay to Bills for CB K Seymour & 7th rd pick

Reed83HOF

so we need to wait at least 2 more years to see if this all works... 19 going on 20? Come on.

Reasonable people might also say we had 10th ranked offense last season, improved out kicking game this season... just focus on defense and we are a playoff contender.

Makes too much sense

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't like this move much at all. Seymour has some talent, and can at least be a capable backup. Capable backups are not something you should be just giving away, especially at CB.

A WR with no proper NFL receptions, and a 7th round pick two years from now, doesn't represent any sort of value to me.

All the arguments about 'building' don't exactly scan that well either, as Seymour is still young, and could have been a guy you could rely on for a good few years.

Fwiw, Seymour wasn't actually cut, otherwise he couldn't have been traded, and you have to also consider that without some sort of recommendation from McDermott, Rivera probably wouldn't be prepared to have him, or want him.

Weird.

One aspect that has been unmentioned is this opening up Charles Clay on some plays if we get the snap off quick and the DB covers the wrong Clay.

Gonna be hard for DB's to see the back of a WR or TE's name on the back of a jersey off the snap.

Lol

I like it. We have a very underrated CB group. White sounds like an immediate starter, even an immediate#1 . Gaines ,Wright , Johnson are excellent for this scheme. Our front four is legit. Preston and Co are legit and Hyde and Poyer are legit.

Invest in the offense.

I'm not angry, I'm not exited - but I am watching what they've been doing and I can't follow. They're NFL employees so I'll assume they know what they're doing until they prove otherwise. However, I usually can follow a path of thought and they have me completely stumped.

I'm not angry, I'm not exited - but I am watching what they've been doing and I can't follow. They're NFL employees so I'll assume they know what they're doing until they prove otherwise. However, I usually can follow a path of thought and they have me completely stumped.

I've started 3-4 threads that ask the philosophy... you know, the boil it down to 2-3 sentences kind of mission statement and the closest I can come is "be just good enough to build credibility this year while preserving everything you can for the real restocking next year."

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

Dammit, that was extremely well said. I am in complete agreement with Klos63, I am both confused AND annoyed with some of these head-scratching decisions McD and Beane are making, and the fact that they are both newbies makes every decision they make that is not CLEAR cut advantageous for the Bills a WTF moment. They certainly are doing it their way, and there's almost a degree of audacity with every decision they make.

I desperately want the Bills to succeed, and I have been on board with the McDermott hiring from early on. But with every decision they make, it's making it increasingly more difficult to remain optimistic for our team's success, particularly this season. Like the majority of us, I will do my best to reserve judgment until seasons end.

With regard to this particular trade, I don't like it one bit. Even though Seymour has struggled this year, with injuries as well as some inconsistency in his play, I felt that he was solid enough to man either the CB2 or the Nickel corner position. Clay from what I've both read and seen, appears to be nothing more than a return man/special teams guy....i don't believe he's any more of an upgrade over Tate.

I guess time will tell.

Dammit, that was extremely well said. I am in complete agreement with Klos63, I am both confused AND annoyed with some of these head-scratching decisions McD and Beane are making, and the fact that they are both newbies makes every decision they make that is not CLEAR cut advantageous for the Bills a WTF moment. They certainly are doing it their way, and there's almost a degree of audacity with every decision they make.

I desperately want the Bills to succeed, and I have been on board with the McDermott hiring from early on. But with every decision they make, it's making it increasingly more difficult to remain optimistic for our team's success, particularly this season. Like the majority of us, I will do my best to reserve judgment until seasons end.

With regard to this particular trade, I don't like it one bit. Even though Seymour has struggled this year, with injuries as well as some inconsistency in his play, I felt that he was solid enough to man either the CB2 or the Nickel corner position. Clay from what I've both read and seen, appears to be nothing more than a return man/special teams guy....i don't believe he's any more of an upgrade over Tate.

I guess time will tell.

im just curious why you think he is solid enough to play CB2 or nickel?