Reed83HOF

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it.

Me too.

@joebuscaglia

He was not a starting nickel corner in Buffalo in 2017. Leonard Johnson beat him flat out for that role this summer.

He was given first-team opportunities when healthy and failed to capitalize on them.

we didn't trade our #3 CB. Seymour wasn't going to make the team

Ill leave this here for all to read slowly and many times. Get off the ledge..

better than getting nothing in return. He was going to be cut. Mabin beat him out.

Exactly!!

This CB group is specifically designed for this scheme. No more square pegs in round holes!

White sounds like he had a fantastic camp and Gaines is healthy and seems to be a perfect fit. Johnson and Wright also played very solid. This CB group will end up being legit,watch. White/Gaines could be a lethal combo..

This D will work as a unit. Their communication and understanding of the scheme is night and day from last year...

Clearly, the new regime is looking to 2020 or 2021 to actually field a winner-- and that is dependent on all of the draft picks they are accumulating for 2018 and '19. They need to really hit on those picks. If they fail, they'll be gone, and a new rebuild will take place.

Not sure why Taylor, McCoy, K. Williams are on this team. Dismantling and trying to win at the same time seems like an odd approach. It must be the "process" that we keep hearing about.

I'm not confident, but what can the fans do? Ride it out and hope for the best.

Except they'll be competing this year, so this theory is rubbish

I wish Kevon Seymour the best of luck.

Getting cut from a Bills team that will probably go 5-11 is tough, but you never know.

Kevon might have said something in the locker room that was considered inappropriate.

I never expected to see him cut, but then, what do I know.............

This thread is mistitled...

It reads as if the Bills gave the Panthers a 7th round pick when in reality the Bills were the team receiving the 7th round pick along with Clay for Seymour.

I've started 3-4 threads that ask the philosophy... you know, the boil it down to 2-3 sentences kind of mission statement and the closest I can come is "be just good enough to build credibility this year while preserving everything you can for the real restocking next year."

Perhaps they are looking more at the overall role a player is being asked to fill and selecting the players who are best at filling those particular roles versus evaluating who might be a better player...at least on the bottom 1/3 of the roster...

I don't neccessarily think it's a bad idea since the majority of the time they will be in the game will be in the roles assigned to them unless someone gets hurt for an extended period of time...

they seem to want a lot of bottom third guys who can be big contributers on teams, whether that means covering or returning or blocking...

Again, they are not going to be able to get the roster looking the way they want it this year or maybe even next year 100%...

Doesn't mean they can't be smart in the draft and in FA and be a good team next year, just means what they are trying to do won't be completed....

But again...Seymour was considered a man corner and might not be a good fit for a zone scheme...or at least might not have shown as much as other players..going to be a lot of scheme related moves the first year, some the second year and not many at all after that...

Edited by matter2003

Thanks s isn't rocket science. They are discarding quickly players that don't fit these coaches schemes, and are bringing in people who do fit their scheme while adding a crap ton of picks. Whoever mentioned they may do it again next year, it's possible if anyone this year doesn't adjust to our scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dareus is traded going into 2018 as his biggest hit in cap is this year so someone will probably pick up his contract. These guys aren't dumb. They are not going to cut him as he provides too much value. They'd rather get something for him and next year would make sense.

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

17 years of losing and people are complaining about losing Seymour? I agree with you. They may fail but at least they are tearing out what they perceive as the problem(s). It will take more than a year but I like the no nonsense approach.

Thanks s isn't rocket science. They are discarding quickly players that don't fit these coaches schemes, and are bringing in people who do fit their scheme while adding a crap ton of picks. Whoever mentioned they may do it again next year, it's possible if anyone this year doesn't adjust to our scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dareus is traded going into 2018 as his biggest hit in cap is this year so someone will probably pick up his contract. These guys aren't dumb. They are not going to cut him as he provides too much value. They'd rather get something for him and next year would make sense.

From the perspective of the team trading for him, his contract only gets less appealing the longer you wait. If his workout bonus is already on the books with us the cap hit he brings to a new team is under $10m this year

Did anyone actually watch Seymour this preseason? He played deep into the fourth preseason game (for a reason), and was still getting beat - by guys without a job today. Honestly, the hand wringing and "doom and gloom" over every move made by a FO and coaching staff, before even one regular season game has been played, is mind numbing.

Did anyone actually watch Seymour this preseason? He played deep into the fourth preseason game (for a reason), and was still getting beat - by guys without a job today. Honestly, the hand wringing and "doom and gloom" over every move made by a FO and coaching staff, before even one regular season game has been played, is mind numbing.

The Panthers must not have either.