Trade - Car WR Clay to Bills for CB K Seymour & 7th rd pick

Reed83HOF

Tough balancing act for us fans, i agree 100%.

Being patient has got us Fans nowhere. And now, we really do need to be patient and let the New Era get its footing and build to its vision.

My 2 /12 grandson has Bills gear somehow ; )

I have hope for him to be enjoy being a fan of an organization that comptes each year.

For me and you, tough row to hoe. again.

You have 1/6 of a grandson? Where's the other 5/6?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

I agree, it's actually refreshing to see were still not happy with this roster a few days before the season and still going after players they believe can help them.

You're welcome. Catches of 58 yards (TD - EDIT: I guess he was called down by contact, but still a deep ball) and 33 yards this preseason, so maybe there's something there. Gives us some semblance of that deep threat many claim we lack (although he ran a 4.51).

well Bills do need the deep threat. is this it ?

If he's a better deep threat than Percy Harvins, that will be a bonus :)

if he plays more than five games it will be a bonus

I cant believe that some people seem so upset over this trade. I feel like some are looking for any reason to complain about this new regime...

What has Seymour ever done in his time here? He's never impressed me on the field, anyway. He showed maybe a couple small glimpses of talent but that's about it, and he hasn't been able to stay healthy. The guy was a 6th round pick for a reason, and he got beat out for a spot on the roster IMO.

This seems like a pretty inconsequential trade overall. Definitely nothing to get upset over. We swapped 2 players that were drafted in the 6th round, and we got a 7th back (one round later than where Seymour was drafted). That's very good asset management IMO. Better than the way things were handled in the past.

Clay had a pretty strong camp and preseason from what I read. He's got the speed to be a deep threat for us, which is something that was needed. So we swapped a guy that got beat out and was likely,going to be cut, for a WR that has a decent chance to stick on our roster plus a pick.

From the little research I've done Kaelin was having a good camp. Has already shown he can be a kick returner in the league. Everyone has complained we don't have a guy to go over the top... there ya go. Expecting Tate to be cut as well.

Seymour didn't have a great camp and has been nicked up.

Kael and a 7th... cool.

This guy isn't going playing any significant snaps...he's a fringe roster player and provides little to no help at WR.

This guy is our new Kolby Listenbee

I don't disagree with you. However, I'm skeptical of their statements that we are expecting to be a playoff contender, if you are rebuilding from the ground up, tell it like it is. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. That's all. I'll give them a chance, i always do.

Def. rebuilding. But at this point, in all honesty, there are only 2 Bills I like. KW, whom I feel bad for because he won't be around for the winning if they get there, and McCoy. They can dump everyone else.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 23s24 seconds ago

Panthers traded WR Kaelin Clay to the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Edit: Update:

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Updated trade: Turns out that Buffalo traded CB Kevon Seymour to the Carolina Panthers for WR Kaelin Clay, per source.

Update again:

Sal Capaccio ‏Verified account @SalSports

Bills also get Panther's 2019 seventh round pick along with WR Clay for Seymour.

Good to get something for a player who wouldn't make the team.

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

One of your best posts on a perspective we should each take note of perhaps

Edited by 3rdand12

You know, I was hoping for a turnaround for Seymour, and he really disappointed me this camp. Still, that's pretty thin.

I am a bit worried that Clay hasn't done all that much, but we do need a deep vertical threat. If anything, he's a new Goodwin.

this guy hasn't even caught a pass in the NFL yet? Goodwin has had moderate success at times. Or at least he's caught of few TD passes

Does this leave colt Anderson as literally the only member of the 2016 secondary? I can't recall a large unit like this being so completely overhauled so quickly offhand

If this WR ends up taking tates spot, is that actually a 100% turnover there too?