Who do you think will be a surprise cut on saturday?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think Beane's phone is going to be blowing up. I'll throw Clay out there.

I think that would really be a surprise. Peterman seemed to build up a good rapport with Clay on Saturday so I don't see this happening. For me Logan Thomas might be the surprise cut. After a reasonable camp he has not done much in the preseason games. Maybe we try him out at QB on Thursday as I believe he previously played that position. At this stage anything is worth a try!!!

Colt Anderson and Patrick Dimarco I'm guessing

I have been thinking Dimarco as well. He signed a big contract for a FB and I feel like they haven't used him near as much for the amount they signed him too. Like he's been lost in the shuffle and they can just use Tolbert in his role.

Andre Holmes is in trouble I think. I don't see that he has done enough to separate from the general pile of averageness behind Zay and Matthews.

Logan Thomas is another - I have been totally unimpressed with his pre-season play. He just isn't an NFL standard TE yet for me.

DiMarco is not the worst shout either as a total shock. It is a $3.3m dead cap hit but they have not used a FB that much in the pre-season and they have Tolbert there if they need one. I still think he more likely than not makes the roster but I would not be stunned if he was a cut.

I'm curious on what the over/under should be on how many guys will be on our opening day roster who on not on the Bills today. Surely we drop below 53 and pick some guys up, but I wonder who they have their eyes on?

And I have no idea who will be (or would be considered) a surprise cut. But I'll know it when I see it!

Good question. I think we will pick up some of the Steelers excessive WR group. They have a ton of WR's that have produced. That said, they had Ben throwing them the ball and AB on the other side, but someone like Coates I could see being a good addition.

Andre Holmes or Streater

CBF

I could def see Holmes. Underwhelming in preseason, and the comp pick factors into it.

Hopefully the OL Coach gets cut! He is terrible and has that odd Dick Jaroun style loyalty to terrible players.