Who do you think will be a surprise cut on saturday?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the surprise cut on saturday might be Lorenzo Alexander. I'm not sure he fits into the scheme McCoach wants to run. I haven't heard his name called at all in the three preseason games. Who do you think might be the surprise cut?

I doubt it, Alexander was mentioned as being one of the leaders McDermott was counting on to guide the younger players. But that would be a surprise.

I'd say Logan Thomas because they talked so much about his upside.

A more shocking one that could happen, but I hope doesn't, is Nick O'Leary being cut.

Edited by BurpleBull

For my money, it's Clay. He' hasn't been healthy and hasn't produced. Other TE's look just as good or better.

For this reason he won't be on the team next year. He's on the team this year for sure though. Give Logan Thomas a year to develop and he might be our starter

I think the surprise cut on saturday might be Lorenzo Alexander. I'm not sure he fits into the scheme McCoach wants to run. I haven't heard his name called at all in the three preseason games. Who do you think might be the surprise cut?

Really? I though Alexander looked really good the first two pre-season games.

I would say Andre Holmes. I expected better things from him.

I agree with this...he hasn't impressed me at all.

For my money, it's Clay. He' hasn't been healthy and hasn't produced. Other TE's look just as good or better.

Clay has produced when he has been given the chance...his reputation for sucking, amongst the fan base is really overstated.

A couple possible. A real surprise would be Reilly. Maybe they think they can sneak him onto the PS. Don't think it would work out.

Maybe they feel like Taiwan Jones can be the return guy while also being a gunner and helping other ways and Tate is waived. Not what I would do but... surprise!

I think the biggest shocker will be Yates is cut, Wenning is kept. Wenning makes 53, then gets cut for someone on waiver wire.

Maybe Dareus is traded. Beane loves trades and is looking for picks...maybe he gets a pick and player. Dallas or Cincy would be my guess.

I'm curious on what the over/under should be on how many guys will be on our opening day roster who on not on the Bills today. Surely we drop below 53 and pick some guys up, but I wonder who they have their eyes on?

And I have no idea who will be (or would be considered) a surprise cut. But I'll know it when I see it!

I am going to say 2, one OL and one WR...possibly an OLBer

Does Seantrel Henderson count against the 53 man roster, if he does he would be my surprise cut.

I really hope Brandon Reilly - WR makes the 53 !Could be a younger Edelman/Hogan ! Surprise addition !!

so wait a minute, now Hogan is good? His entire time here people couldn't wait to get rid of him because of how bad he was. Brady throws to him for one season and now we want guys here that compare to him?

I'm wondering about Seymour. From old regime, fighting off injuries, not sure perfect fit for scheme or nickel, and was playing late in 4th Q last night and gave up a couple of completions late in the game

I'm wondering about Seymour. From old regime, fighting off injuries, not sure perfect fit for scheme or nickel, and was playing late in 4th Q last night and gave up a couple of completions late in the game

This regime puts a huge emphasis on versatility. The fact Seymour can play inside and out is a very important part of his roster spot. McD even mentioned that yesterday. It's not impossible he gets released but what could be seen as weakness is a strength to these guys

Dareus.

Culture change to more losing.

That would be more of a shocker than Surprise

He's going to have a surprise monster year believe it or not.

He lead the team in receptions last year and tied for the team lead in TDs. He also had more receptions than all but 12 other TEs in the NFL despite playing on the team that threw the fewest passes.

He hasn't been worth the money they gave him, but reports of his underachievement are highly exaggerated IMO.