Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What people should be expecting is Reggie to thrive in KC.....im not really thrilled about him going there.

It's very difficult for me to predict that an injured basically-rookie is going to thrive in KC all of a sudden. I think it's 50/50 he plays any kind of role at all in that defense...which is not necessarily a knock on him. Chiefs are very good on that side of the ball.

So they think Ragland will hurt KC and improve the value of our #1 pick? (looking for a head-scratch emoticon)

i don't think he will contribute to a big degree this year either way. Mainly due to his slow recovery time. Think Kiko on the Eagles. So it won't negatively impact the value of the Chiefs 2018 1st pick in their estimation. But the the other pick isn't until 2019 and is conditional. Not sure the exact conditions, but he will then have all of 2018 season to actually play and could potentially improve the 4th rd pick we are getting in return - if, say it turns into a 3rd if he makes the Pro bowl (as an example) Edited by YoloinOhio

Does anyone know what the conditions on that 4th round pick are yet?

I'm still hoping it can move up to a 3rd if Ragland plays a certain number of snaps this year and/or next year or something along those lines.

i don't but I remember we had those with the Stevie trade and there were a number of factors involved. It was complicated but we ended up with SF's 4th instead of 3rd. Edited by YoloinOhio

Just heard Pat Kirwan, who I consider one of the best talking heads on NFL Sirius, opine on Ragland while I was driving around.

He said the problem with Ragland at Buffalo wasn't that he didn't fit the scheme. It's that he didn't fit his uniform. Said he was somewhere between 280-300 when he showed up, which is why he struggled to play effectively at all.

He also implied...or, at least, I inferred...that it would take to too long for him to learn everything needed at the NFL level to be a successful middle linebacker.

For what it's worth...

Just heard Pat Kirwan, who I consider one of the best talking heads on NFL Sirius, opine on Ragland while I was driving around.

He said the problem with Ragland at Buffalo wasn't that he didn't fit the scheme. It's that he didn't fit his uniform. Said he was somewhere between 280-300 when he showed up, which is why he struggled to play effectively at all.

He also implied...or, at least, I inferred...that it would take to too long for him to learn everything needed at the NFL level to be a successful middle linebacker.

For what it's worth...

i'm a kirwan fan as well. it's an interesting take.

i'm a kirwan fan as well. it's an interesting take.

Sounds like Kirwan is also suggesting Ragland isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Coming from a fine academic institution like Alabama and that program, this seems plausible if not highly likely.

I really thought we could have gotten a 3rd for him...........a 4th is an insult and downright shameful.

Well... The Browns got zero for Joe Haden who was promptly signed hours later to a 3 year $27mil contract. We got something for a busted player that has never played a down in regular NFL football and has shown up pretty terribly in the preseason.

Reid seems to think Ragland is a 3 down linebacker....

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article170121062.html

Most Bills fans were telling themselves that too when we drafted him. He wasn't a 3 down LB in college even.

Most ignored the fact that on 3rd downs he was put as a down lineman to rush or came off the field. He wasn't a 3 down nickel LB for Bama.

He was high on many teams boards. Chances are that his lack of performance is related to his knee injury. Give him time to get healthy and I think he will be a solid 1 or 2 down player in a 3-4 system.

Exactly. Far too many on this board automatically buy the default " he was either lazy or dumb" spin. Ragland looked like he had lost weight and started off great in camp last season. No way he was 280 .

Maybe he'll pull a Maybin on us and get a couple of sacks when we play his team.

Speaking of that game, who do we cheer for? If we win it hurts our draft spot but helps theirs. If we lose it hurts their draft spot but helps ours.

I'm confused. Tanking is hard.

Edited by reddogblitz