Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

Why is it every single time we clean house on the defensive side it has to come with a switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Stache 600-600 4-3, Pettine 3-4, Schwartz 4-3, Rex 3-4, McDermott 4-3. The talent erosion would not have been nearly this bad if they just limited the house leaning moves to the same general scheme.

it wasn't a big deal until rex did it to swartzs D...we where pretty bad regardless any other time

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nonsense. Time doesn't devalue a draft pick.

Yeah, in the trade chart you usually a higher draft pick the next year, but not because a third rounder next year is actually worth less in terms of likelihood of getting a good player than a fourth rounder this year. You have to pay more next year because it's only desperate GMs in a weak bargaining position who make dumb tradeups like that. The smart teams accept those trades and get the higher pick next year. Look at Belichick who has made an absolute field day of stealing that extra value from desperate dumb GMs his whole career.

The "have to win this year" guys will accept the fleecing and trade away the higher pick next year. That doesn't mean the next year's pick will be worth less in terms of what can be gotten with the pick.

Lol then why didn't the Bills get their 3rd rounder in 2044? It's worth more than a 4th right?

They have had a long time run of awful hires.

The only two gms/coaches who have achieved equal level employment post bills... are the two guys who voluntarily walked away

Chuck Knox said something along the lines that, Buffalo is a coaches graveyard. It's true.

Remember when posters on here were saying we have 2 first rounders this year because we were getting Ragland back after his lost rookie year.. OMG too funny.

I fell into that trap but also thought he was 100% better. Had no idea he was only a 34MLB and no versatility.

Don't cut him. Who are we cutting him for? Someone who's accomplished a lot less in college with a lot less potential.

We're not cutting him for anything. He was 3rd on our depth chart and probably inactive on every Sunday because Hodges is our back up MLB.

What would be the point of keeping him? We aren't switching back to a 3-4.

I thought Ragland could have been an ILB in a 4-3 but he showed he couldn't. He went from being in an open competition with Preston Brown to sliding behind Hodges.

Who also won't see the field this year and has probably bounced around the league.

Who has played better. What is it about performance on the field you can't grasp?

Hope it works out for Ragland, but his ACL slowed his progress and he just did not perform well enough.

It seems they're in full-purge-of-the-past mode. It's Opie and Beaner's team now.

Trading a third string LB means full purge. Sure.

You invested a ton into Ragland.

Giving him away after an ACL injury a year ago is extremely premature.

I invested nothing in Ragland. They drafted him, he got an ACL, whether or not that ACL recovery affected his performance or not, scheme, whatever, but he was not performing at a level that warranted a roster spot. I'm frankly surprised they got a fourth in a trade; I figured teams would wait till cut down day if they wanted to give him a shot.

It's a performance league. You don't seem to grasp that. The kid was good in college. Not every great college player makes it in the pros. You can o on and on about losing talented players all you want, but the kid just had not exhibited the kind of talent you think he has.

You invested a ton into Ragland.

Giving him away after an ACL injury a year ago is extremely premature.

And they didn't give him away. They got a fourth for him. Giving away means you get nothing in return. And don't even star with the "they didn't get enough" stuff. I am sure Beane did what GMs do and talked to folks around the league to gauge interest.

But he got pressure against the Eagles. Shaq isn't an explosion player. If that is all you are looking for you will be disappointed in him. He got past blockers and got pressure against the Eagles.

I expect my first round pass rushers to be explosive yes. I don't care to watch Shaq plod around and get 5 clean up sacks all year that Hughes causes.