Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why this simple truth is lost on Bills fans is beyond me.

So many people here literally have no idea why a guy who has been with the team since January, and in training camp since only July, has not turned the ship around after 17 years of failure. You have fans calling McDermott a useless coach who needs to be fired during the first quarter of his 3rd preseason game.

Yet bring it up, and you're the one who doesn't contribute positively to the board. :lol:

+ 1,000,000

I understand people have lost patience, but there is a point when you need to control your estrogen.

Edited by r00tabaga

There are a bunch of ways to do it. There are coaches that have a great scheme and find guys who play well in that scheme. There are coaches that have a flexible scheme and are great at adapting to fit the talents of their players. And both of those ways have 5x as many guys who do the same thing they do but suck at it. Satan there is no one like. No one knows or coaches both sides of the ball like he does. No one plays GM like he does. He's an anomaly.

Satan the Ogre focuses on the following:

- Make teams play left handed, taking away what they do best. Rush 7, drop 10, triple team the #1 receiver, spies, whatever it takes to get them off their game

- Make teams first prove their strengths on game day, people change day to day. They'll give up points if needed

- Bend the rules into their favor, drawing more penalties on the other team where they are weak and staying away or masking suceptible fouls his team makes

- Focus on obscure minute details first, and then work inwards to the more fundamental. See things the opposition do not know about themselves

- Make no mistakes of their own. Simplify if needed. Uncoachable fan favorites are gone.

- Have their best players win the game. Not go for the buzzer beater, but dictate the game will be won in the red zone or the big play or ball control per the talent

- Influence the league to change rules. Grudge match with no PI when Brady's starting out, then PI every down and no hits when Brady's a star.

None of that involves who has their hand down, or how the plays get called in. Might as well start busting up a house based on what's in your toolbox.

Edited by rant_and_go

I'm more upset that the return on these guys is so low. I feel like for a 4th rd pick in 2019, you could've listened to a few more proposals.

What makes you think they didn't? I'm not sure many teams were lining up to trade for a 3rd string MLB who was struggling to even make Buffalo's roster.

I don't buy that Reggie Ragland doesn't fit this defense, but for some reason Preston Brown does.

It certainly can't be due to speed, because Ragland ran the faster times at the combine.

Should've waited until he was fully healthy...but hey, at least we kept Ramon Humber and Lorenzo Alexander! :rolleyes:

If I were owner I'd give the GM and HC iron clad 10 year contracts with a no fire clause. The problem this team has had for years now is lack of stability. You can't keep changing things every few years. You can't establish a philosophy of how you want to play, which then leads to who you draft, and so on.

Setting aside the fact that there are no iron clad contracts, would you have given one to Rex Ryan ?

Setting aside the fact that there are no iron clad contracts, would you have given one to Rex Ryan ?

We practically did. He got a long term high paying deal.

The other thing is that you can hire someone with shared philosophies as a replacement instead of alternating 34, 43, 34 and likewise on offense.

We practically did. He got a long term high paying deal.

The other thing is that you can hire someone with shared philosophies as a replacement instead of alternating 34, 43, 34 and likewise on offense.

That last concept is one that seems lost on Terry Pegula. Seems like a nice guy, but clueless in that regard Edited by Boatdrinks

I actually am fine with taking a 4th a year later. A 4th is better than a 5th. Period. I think the reason people like to downgrade it by a round for being a year later is the FO wants picks soon to keep their jobs. I LOVE being smart over "needing fast help" to save FO jobs. What's better for the franchise?

I dont see how trading a guy off knee surgery who was third team is tanking. Come sat he wasnt making the team. Get the most for him and move on.

On its own the RR deal isn't a tank. But the high picks from the last 3 years are now virtually gone from the roster. Ragland is not back fully from his injury, but there is now way he is a third line talent in the NFL . Definitely not on this roster, with little of quality at LB. As a whole these moves of purging young talent look like a tank job. The only odd thing is keeping the aging vets around. These players were of higher talent than the picks received in return, so it's hard to see how the overall talent level will be improved. Perhaps McBeane will have the best drafting results seen by this franchise since the Polian era. I will say the odds are against it and the new regime is stacking the odds against themselves.