Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

Google Ron Rivera's comments about Ealy.

When asked if Ealy would be successful in NE

"If he listens and does the things coach ask of him. Said Rivera. "I think he has an oppurtunity to reascend"

Ealy has a bad reputation. Do your research. It's a different story than a player whose physical limitations do not allow him to play in a scheme. Ealy simply doesn't do what he is told. Won't go to the right gap, hold contain etc. It's well documented.

I think that Satan is the greatest coach of all time in the NFL. But he also clearly has a set scheme on both offense and defense, and he looks for players that fit that scheme. Hence he is able to insert new OL all of the time that other teams pass over for better athletes because he knows (or believes) that player will fit his scheme.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google Ron Rivera's comments about Ealy.

When asked if Ealy would be successful in NE

"If he listens and does the things coach ask of him. Said Rivera. "I think he has an oppurtunity to reascend"

Ealy has a bad reputation. Do your research. It's a different story than a player whose physical limitations do not allow him to play in a scheme. Ealy simply doesn't do what he is told. Won't go to the right gap, hold contain etc. It's well documented.

Ealy has been given up on by two different schemes...

I'll put it another way: a widget-selling business is struggling. New management is brought in. Instead of capitalizing on the core assets of the company (the widget-making expertise, the factories, supplier networks, etc.), new management's plan is to sell everything and use the sale revenue to purchase an entirely new business infrastructure in a year or two. Maybe we'll sell Cogswheels, maybe we'll sell Hermophones, who knows? We'll figure it out in a year or two!

How do you think the shareholders would react to that approach?

Management 101: leverage your core strengths. Don't bring in a bunch of coaches who need different players to fit their systems. DON'T HIRE THOSE COACHES. Hire the coaches who have demonstrated the ability to tailor systems around the existing talent.

Jeebus H. Cringles, it's not that complicated.

Stop giving the Pegulas a free pass, people. They have no clue what they're doing and we are in for 2-4 more years of garbage product. You're gonna pay for that? I'm not - I canceled Sunday Ticket and we gave up our season tickets this year.

ENOUGH.

Ragland a "core strength" is a funny sentence. After Rex traded up to get a guy who fell about 15-20 spots because of questions whether he could play in today's NFL. The dude wasn't good enough and he had an injury that 50% of players don't ever recover from. Drafting the guy was a mistake.

Sammy was a mistake. They traded him.

Marcell is another mistake. They will trade/cut him as soon as they are financially able.

Reggie Ragland a core strength... That's a good one.

I think that Satan is the greatest coach of all time in the NFL. But he also clearly has a set scheme on both offense and defense, and he looks for players that fit that scheme. Hence he is able to insert new OL all of the time that other teams pass over for better athletes because he knows (or believes) that player will fit his scheme.

A set scheme?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381389/article/patriots-to-use-chandler-jones-at-linebacker-in-34

He realizes where his strengths are and adjusts.

All 3-4 teams also play 4-3, some of them more than half the plays depending on how many passes the other teams tend to throw.

I'm not sure you're defining "scheme" the same way I am.

Belichick's scheme on defense is very simple. He adjusts the tactics to fit specific gamelans and specific players - within his scheme, he asks his players to do what they're good at. The type of player he looks for is one who is versatile (i.e., can play multiple roles) and intelligent.

On offense, the scheme is fairly complicated and changes week to week depending on the opponent.

I'm not sure you're defining "scheme" the same way I am.

Belichick's scheme on defense is very simple. He adjusts the tactics to fit specific gamelans and specific players - within his scheme, he asks his players to do what they're good at. The type of player he looks for is one who is versatile (i.e., can play multiple roles) and intelligent.

On offense, the scheme is fairly complicated and changes week to week depending on the opponent.

That's exactly what I mean.

He knew he had strength at LB, so he switch his "scheme" to maximize that and get more LBs on the field. A 3-4 system.

Right, I realize that. That's not what the article is saying.

I read the article and it said what I said, with a direct quote from Satan about it.

We are arguing semantics though. I understand what you are saying. And as Coach Tuesday remarked, there are various definitions or understandings of "scheme," especially when it comes to Satan. I just think he has a distinct scheme and looks for guys that fit it. He had Walker and then drafted Edelman to play that role and when one of them was hurt looked for Amendola to do it. He drafts or signs these offensive linemen that fits his scheme that come out of nowhere and play well. He has Gronk and Hernandez and loses Hernandez and signs Bennett and loses Bennett and signs Allen.

I believe they need to evaluate each player on the current roster and determine whether he fits into their new vision for the team and systems on either side of the ball. If they don't, and they can get something of decent value, they should move on. If they do, they should continue building the team with that player. There are older players they've cut and younger players they have kept and vice versa. This is a completely different organization than last year from top to bottom. They can't worry about moves of past regimes. Hanging onto Ragland even thouh they don't think he can help them win just because the previous guys drafted him high would be maddening. He was about to get cut. The fact they got a 4th rd pick is refreshing.

This is how I feel about Darby AND Ragland. I wanted both to succeed but it didn't look like it was ever gonna. Get a JordMatt & two 4ths in return? Sign me up. Ragland was getting cut according to most people.

Edited by r00tabaga