So Boldin retired?

Let's see your informed opinion genius.

Clearly this was a result of the NAACP boycott of the NFL because of Kaepernick not having a job. Boldin retired in protest.

See, I can jump to idiotic conclusions with no information too!

Uninformed? Bitching?

That's a starting WR on the depth chart who just walked out.

So far this looks like the same terrible organization as always. Hyping veterans well beyond their prime, trading what little talent they do have, losing good players to the Pats, hyping backup QBs.

Meanwhile you watch Mahomes get into the end zone twice on 10 throws and Watson run for a TD.

These FO guys are supposed to know more than common fans, they are paid like it. But the 36 year old that Beane was just hyping as evidence of the Bills in win-now mode just walked out.

With Sammy's trade and Streater's injury this WR depth chart looks really nice....

You managed to be uninformed, whiny, AND bitchy in the bolded. Congratulations for proving my point. By the way, it's freakin preseason. Save the histrionics for when games actually matter.

As to your last point, how the !@#$ was Beane supposed to know that Boldin would retire after 2 weeks? Being in the front office does not grant someone clairvoyance to see the future.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fair and good question. I'll answer with this in return: what is the average age of those guys? How many will be here in 2-3 years when hopefully the plan pays off. I hate myself for typing this.... and I'd hate to be in charge of locker room morale.

Morale is obviously flagging. McD felt that he had to sell the Watkins trade to the leaders in the locker room, announce several times that they are not giving up on this season and then unleash on the players several days later when they were "feeling sorry for themselves". Now Boldin retires out of the blue reinforcing the message that this season is going to be rough.

Something to lend hope for this season would be nice at this point.

I didn't like the way he was acting smug about pulling off the 2 trades without either team knowing about the other. Oh well, I guess that I'm wrong again, I was thinking that maybe we got a nice sensible GM but so far he's striking me as a real jerk off.

This is perfect. It writes itself. And it only took two weeks into preseason to turn the fan base into a prison riot. All over losing a guy who looked like he was 60-years old on the field in Philly. Fire them all. Bring in the next regime. Maybe we can hate them by OTAs? Lolz.

I didn't see anything on the field to indicate Boldin is anything more than a JAG at this point...maybe he realized Father Time caught up to him more than he thought...

He signed to win a championship. :lol:

This is perfect. It writes itself. And it only took two weeks into preseason to turn the fan base into a prison riot. All over losing a guy who looked like he was 60-years old on the field in Philly. Fire them all. Bring in the next regime. Maybe we can hate them by OTAs? Lolz.

If he was so bad in Philly then why did they trade for him? Can't have it both ways.

We didn't trade for Boldin. He was a free agent. Did you forget?

Sorry. I thought you meant losing Matthews to injury, not Boldin to retirement. You're right that losing Boldin will mean nothing on the field, despite all the nonsense that Dennison and McDermott were spinning about signing him. He was done a couple of years ago.

Edited by vincec

Clearly this was a result of the NAACP boycott of the NFL because of Kaepernick not having a job. Boldin retired in protest.

You managed to be uninformed, whiny, AND bitchy in the bolded. Congratulations for proving my point. By the way, it's freakin preseason. Save the histrionics for when games actually matter.

As to your last point, how the !@#$ was Beane supposed to know that Boldin would retire after 2 weeks? Being in the front office does not grant someone clairvoyance to see the future.

You were always ripping other fans and always were wrong on the BuffaloBills.com message board, so you might as well keep going now.

@salsports

Bills players had no idea Boldin was retiring when they saw him Sunday morning at OBD. Most found out the same way we did: via Twitter

Must have been heartbreaking given how much they've been through together.

It was obviously because of Charlottesville. :rolleyes:

How can anybody blame management for a player deciding to retire. Was Boldin pissed because he wasn't consulted about roster moves? The Bills are no worse today than they were yesterday. Boldin has nothing left in the tank.

And just for the record moving out a WR who won't be around after this year and a DB who doesn't fit your scheme for serviceable players and high draft picks is both very unBillslike and smart.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf

You were always ripping other fans and always were wrong on the BuffaloBills.com message board, so you might as well keep going now.

You'll find that I'm pretty consistent in mocking stupidity. Especially when coupled with hysteria.

You have no point other than being an antagonistic moron.

You'll find that I'm pretty consistent in mocking stupidity. Especially when coupled with hysteria.

The team loses every single year so I'm not sure how the "hysteria" is wrong.

The most talented WR has been traded away, the 4th hurt his toe, the WR who replaced Sammy has a chipped sternum, the starting WR whom the GM hyped is already off the team.

It's setting up for the same as always.

Go ahead and call it out, but you know it's going to be the same as always.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

McBean came in and, despite their already thin margin for error, made it even harder for themselves right off the bat. For no reason.

Are sure you want to question beanes genuis? I mean the guy was smart enuff to trade Sammy watkins and bring in a 37 yr old slot WR to keep the team competitive :lol:

Translation. I'm not buying into Beane's and McDermott's bull ****.

:lol: pretty much.

At least we know his signing put all that "tank" talk to rest.

:lol:

:lol:

Let em have it jmc!! Beane pissed on our leg and told us it was raining

Edited by Marty McFly

The most talented WR has been traded away, the 4th hurt his toe, the WR who replaced Sammy has a chipped sternum, the starting WR whom the GM hyped is already off the team.

It's hysteria when the whining and demands for regime change begin in preseason.

The Bills had the 10th best offense in the league last year without Sammy (or really any other receiver of note) for half the season. Did you really think that the Bills were going to suddenly become an air raid offense? Did you have some fantasy that Tyrod was going to throw for 4,500 yards and 42 TDs? Was never going to happen.

They're going to run the ball, a lot. That's why I'm not too upset over the Sammy trade, the injuries or Boldin retiring. Does it suck that Boldin quit? Yeah it does. However, the offense is not going out the window because he did.

The Bills will be reasonably successful if the defense actually shows up to play without twin dumbasses overcomplicating it, and if the offense can consistently run the ball.

Football is not rocket surgery.

Is Percy Harvin available?

Not for less than $4 million per season game.

He looked absolutely awful in that preseason game. Overweight , slow, sluggish and just old. The Bills were probably going tom cut him after seeing him in action and I'm sure they gave him the opportunity to exit and end his career gracefully. If so classy move from thenBills front office.

I cant help but wonder if this is true. Pretty odd timing. Seems like this kind of crap always happens with the Bills. Marrone opting out of his contract, Orton hurrying out of the locker room and retiring in secret, now this.

I feel bad for the season ticket holders.

It's hysteria when the whining and demands for regime change begin in preseason.

The Bills had the 10th best offense in the league last year without Sammy (or really any other receiver of note) for half the season. Did you really think that the Bills were going to suddenly become an air raid offense? Did you have some fantasy that Tyrod was going to throw for 4,500 yards and 42 TDs? Was never going to happen.

They're going to run the ball, a lot. That's why I'm not too upset over the Sammy trade, the injuries or Boldin retiring. Does it suck that Boldin quit? Yeah it does. However, the offense is not going out the window because he did.

The Bills will be reasonably successful if the defense actually shows up to play without twin dumbasses overcomplicating it, and if the offense can consistently run the ball.

Rumors all day that McCoy is next. Open your eyes. This is a tanking season.

You have no point other than being an antagonistic moron.

So should I join the 'woe is me' bandwagon and demand mass firings after declaring that everyone is incompetent two weeks into preseason?

Russ Brandon loves fans like you.

"Reasonably successful"

Football might as well be Quantum Physics for the guys running the Bills.

Another Bills Coaching Staff is trying to win the 1970's way and just run over people with 29-year old McCoy and no proven backup.

So should I join the 'woe is me' bandwagon and demand mass firings after declaring that everyone is incompetent two weeks into preseason?

Tanking for Darnald may be smart in the long run. But this mess is not worth watching this year.

Kind of funny to me people are freaking out over this. Run game needs to be as good as it was last year and defense needs to play like it's pre-Rex self again. That's all that matters. We gutted out wins last year with a worse receiving corps than we have now IMO, and a defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed. I am hoping scheme alone will help the passing game, and Zay developing quickly.

You should do whatever the hell you see fit and posters have zero reason to trust the judgment of two greenhorns. Preseason isn't at question, it's their over all vision of how to construct a football team that people have a right to question. You don't like it.....too FN bad.

Kind of funny to me people are freaking out over this. Run game needs to be as good as it was last year and defense needs to play like it's pre-Rex self again. That's all that matters. We gutted out wins last year with a worse receiving corps than we have now IMO, and a defense that couldn't stop a nosebleed. I am hoping scheme alone will help the passing game, and Zay developing quickly.

You assume that McCoy and Taylor will be here.

Typical posters.

Boldin was a great move until he retires...now he's a bum that didn't matter anyway.

You're only kidding yourselves

Not me. i can't blame him. trading Watkins, I'd go too. The tank is on. McCoy and Taylor will be next.

I cant help but wonder if this is true. Pretty odd timing. Seems like this kind of crap always happens with the Bills. Marrone opting out of his contract, Orton hurrying out of the locker room and retiring in secret, now this.

I don't know if Boldin was in danger of being cut but watching him run routes made me go WTF, even watching on my phone. The guy was stumbling without anyone laying a finger on him. Watch the replay and tell me I'm lying.

You should do whatever the hell you see fit and posters have zero reason to trust the judgment of two greenhorns. Preseason isn't at question, it's their over all vision of how to construct a football team that people have a right to question. You don't like it.....too FN bad.

You don't have the first !@#$ing clue what their vision is. You're bitching just to B word at this point.

Crybaby gonna cry and all that...

I don't know if Boldin was in danger of being cut but watching him run routes made me go WTF, even watching on my phone. The guy was stumbling without anyone laying a finger on him. Watch the replay and tell me I'm lying.

Why the hell ask Boldin to do anything other than play the slot?