Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

Agree on all that Alpha. The only thing I would add is if this team starts out slow I don't want them "continuing to compete to get better every day" if we start 1-5 put Peterman in, then entertain trades for Shady and Tyrod at the deadline (but not the Dareus, Hughes, Glenn type players) and move forward to try and be picking in that top 5 so a move up might only cost 1 of our extra picks.

I fully agree with that Gunner

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you even watch the game? I thought he looked pretty good. I definitely seem him being a good NFL quarterback...Bills were stupid not to draft him but seriously what can you expect from a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in almost 2 decades?

No. No he won't.

Didn't you like Matt Scott? Whoa.

If my choice is a guy who has demonstrated in college and preseason, that he can make incredible plays with his talent and physical gifts, and I have to live with a some interceptions here and there....I am TAKING that guy. Even Alex Smith throws a bad pick from time to time...they all do every now and then.....what they all can't do is what Mahomes does....give me the guy with the special talent and I will live with his mistakes. QB TALENT....elite thread the ball in there when it counts, that is HARD to find......and I don't just mean a strong arm..Kyle Boler had that. Jim Druckenmiller had that...JaMarcus Russel had that....none of them could do what Mahomes can.....enjoy your draft pick, I will take the guy who COULD be great vs a draft pick I don't know anything about and also over someone like A Smith, who we know at this point is a guy who can dump it off like no one has ever seen.

He was 9-16 for 183 yards and a TD against a lot of guys who will be unemployed next week. It's not a big deal. Playing against NFL starters who are being turned loose and guys trying to avoid a pink slip are two completely different things. There's also no real game planning going on right now. I hope he does make starts for KC this year because it will only help our draft position.

If you are measuring anyones preseason performance by looking at a stat line or scoreboard, you don't understand pre season football. Ignore the stat line. It's the throws the guy is making....and you mention a game plan....if another teams game plan is to give the guy confusing looks and put him under presure...that's happend plenty in preseason...watch the film. The man has RARE physical gifts. He does things you can't coach people to do....the bad things he does are the same bad things a rookie Peyton Manning did or a rookie Big Ben did....those things CAN be coached...watch the film. You will instantly see the guy isn't a ryan leaf preseason statline machine...that isn't what this is about. .the film speaks for itself. You will look back at this moment Bills fans and realize that the trade will have been a major error.

If you are measuring anyones preseason performance by looking at a stat line or scoreboard, you don't understand pre season football. Ignore the stat line. It's the throws the guy is making....and you mention a game plan....if another teams game plan is to give the guy confusing looks and put him under presure...that's happend plenty in preseason...watch the film. The man has RARE physical gifts. He does things you can't coach people to do....the bad things he does are the same bad things a rookie Peyton Manning did or a rookie Big Ben did....those things CAN be coached...watch the film. You will instantly see the guy isn't a ryan leaf preseason statline machine...that isn't what this is about. .the film speaks for itself. You will look back at this moment Bills fans and realize that the trade will have been a major error.

I have watched him numerous times, at Texas Tech and in the preseason. Does he have a strong arm? Yes, yes he does. Is he a good athlete? Yes, yes he is. Has he had a decent preseason? Yes, yes he has. He's facing vanilla competition right now though. There's nothing that is complex about what they are doing. They are basically running guys around out there to see how they play their assignments. There is no real game planning right now, especially for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string guys who are on the field at this time regardless of what you think. It's like a lot of you can't see the big picture because his b*lls are over your eyes or something. It's funny though. :thumbsup: He's not the next Aaron Rodgers.

Doubtful. But time will tell.

It's hilarious how some people are trying to put Mahomes down, while going crazy for our new Trent Edwards. If he was a Bill, people would be losing their minds with excitement.

I have no idea how Peterman and Mahomes' careers will turn out (I would bet on Mahomes being more successful but considering their draft selections that isn't saying much). It would be great if they both turn into good qbs and we would have made a great trade.

But man, I trust Andy Reid's qb evaluation over anyone from the Bills since we picked Jim Kelly. And damn, Mahomes looks fun as hell. He also will do some really stupid things. But time will tell.

I have watched him numerous times, at Texas Tech and in the preseason. Does he have a strong arm? Yes, yes he does. Is he a good athlete? Yes, yes he is. Has he had a decent preseason? Yes, yes he has. He's facing vanilla competition right now though. There's nothing that is complex about what they are doing. They are basically running guys around out there to see how they play their assignments. There is no real game planning right now, especially for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string guys who are on the field at this time regardless of what you think. It's like a lot of you can't see the big picture because his b*lls are over your eyes or something. It's funny though. :thumbsup: He's not the next Aaron Rodgers.

I'm sure you were saying Aaron Rodgers was going to be Aaron Rodgers in his preseason too after he feel in the draft.

How anyone can make definite statements about Qbs blows my mind.