Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

Guys with cannon arms and excellent mobility look great in NFL preseason games ...

Do they look great in regular season games? How about Favre? Or Kelly? Or Marino? They all had cannon for an arm. Did their preseason performance translate over to the regular season?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they look great in regular season games? How about Favre? Or Kelly? Or Marino? They all had cannon for an arm. Did their preseason performance translate over to the regular season?

. Jamarcus Russell had a cannon for an arm. JP Losman. Todd Marinovich. Vince Young. Your point?

. Jamarcus Russell had a cannon for an arm. JP Losman. Todd Marinovich. Vince Young. Your point?

You CAN make judgements about QB play in preseason. The hate for ex bills and any good player we skipped over in the draft is ridiculous. Now go back to sleep oldman

Where is the guy who started a thread about Mahomes back in January. I tried to look for his thread but can't find it. The kid is picking up NFL game faster than expected for sure. I've watched both pre-season games. Smith is still much better but this kid is an NFL QB.

You CAN make judgements about QB play in preseason. The hate for ex bills and any good player we skipped over in the draft is ridiculous. Now go back to sleep oldman

. People making absurd statements keep me up thanks. Many young QBs do OK in preseason games because defenses aren't running sophisticated schemes and because they're playing against guys that won't be in the league. So make as many judgments as you like but many will be in error.

You made the point about cannon arms by lusting three HOFers. But when given 3 that were terrible all you can do is resort to insult. The point is you had no point.

Did you conveniently miss the "mobile" part?

Preseason is Taylor made for QBs with great improvisation skills but bad technique. Regular season tends to wash out bad technique.

That's why TT is still working on it in his 7th preseason.

. People making absurd statements keep me up thanks. Many young QBs do OK in preseason games because defenses aren't running sophisticated schemes and because they're playing against guys that won't be in the league. So make as many judgments as you like but many will be in error.

You made the point about cannon arms by lusting three HOFers. But when given 3 that were terrible all you can do is resort to insult. The point is you had no point.

I am responding to you in the same manner you respond to me. Don't like it, change your attitude. Someone made a comment about guys with cannons for an arm do well in preseason. I listed three Qb's with cannon arms who have done well in preseason and regular season. That was a blanket statement he made to get his point across about Mahomes. It seems you have a personal problem with me. You go out of your way to make rude and condescending remarks to my posts. If you really want to act like a two year old, don't respond to my posts. Put me on ignore. Believe me, you won't hurt my feelings.

Did you conveniently miss the "mobile" part?

Preseason is Taylor made for QBs with great improvisation skills but bad technique. Regular season tends to wash out bad technique.

That's why TT is still working on it in his 7th preseason.

I think that was a broad statement you made. The guys I listed, besides Marino were all mobile as well.

Where is the guy who started a thread about Mahomes back in January. I tried to look for his thread but can't find it. The kid is picking up NFL game faster than expected for sure. I've watched both pre-season games. Smith is still much better but this kid is an NFL QB.

I think that was Jeffismagic. He got all bitter after the Bills passed him on.

....not so fast bro....a bag of weed, a bong and minimum wage should do it IMO.................

By Geoffrey C. Arnold

The Oregonian/OregonLive

Former NFL quarterback Todd Marinovich, who career and life has been plagued by drug use, wants to play football again.

Marinovich, 48, will attempt to earn the starting quarterback spot of the SoCal Coyotes of the World Developmental Football League, according to the Desert Sun. The Coyotes begin training camp in Indio, California August 10.

Marinovich hasn't played on a professional team since playing for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League in 2000. He last played in the NFL with the Los Angeles Raiders in 1993.

I am responding to you in the same manner you respond to me. Don't like it, change your attitude. Someone made a comment about guys with cannons for an arm do well in preseason. I listed three Qb's with cannon arms who have done well in preseason and regular season. That was a blanket statement he made to get his point across about Mahomes. It seems you have a personal problem with me. You go out of your way to make rude and condescending remarks to my posts. If you really want to act like a two year old, don't respond to my posts. Put me on ignore. Believe me, you won't hurt my feelings.

I think that was a broad statement you made. The guys I listed, besides Marino were all mobile as well.

I have no personal problem. Your post did not make much sense and I simply pointed out other QBs with cannon arms who didn't cut it. You still don't really have a point near as I can tell, because it's abundantly clear from history that making judgments about rookie QBs from two preseason games can't be done accurately. Of course some will wind up being good, even great, QBs and some will stink. You could say that on draft day; two preseason games does not increase predictive value.

....not so fast bro....a bag of weed, a bong and minimum wage should do it IMO.................

By Geoffrey C. Arnold

The Oregonian/OregonLive

Former NFL quarterback Todd Marinovich, who career and life has been plagued by drug use, wants to play football again.

Marinovich, 48, will attempt to earn the starting quarterback spot of the SoCal Coyotes of the World Developmental Football League, according to the Desert Sun. The Coyotes begin training camp in Indio, California August 10.

Marinovich hasn't played on a professional team since playing for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League in 2000. He last played in the NFL with the Los Angeles Raiders in 1993.

. And someone will bring him in for a look...

I have no personal problem. Your post did not make much sense and I simply pointed out other QBs with cannon arms who didn't cut it. You still don't really have a point near as I can tell, because it's abundantly clear from history that making judgments about rookie QBs from two preseason games can't be done accurately. Of course some will wind up being good, even great, QBs and some will stink. You could say that on draft day; two preseason games does not increase predictive value.

Jeff George still wants to play. B-)

Just because you aren't able to comprehend what I wrote, doesn't mean I didn't have a point. This is like the fourth time you've gone out of your way to make a rude comment towards me. I do think it is personal. I would appreciate it if you no longer respond to my posts. Thank you oldman

Just because you aren't able to comprehend what I wrote, doesn't mean I didn't have a point. This is like the fourth time you've gone out of your way to make a rude comment towards me. I do think it is personal. I would appreciate it if you no longer respond to my posts. Thank you oldman

I'll try to dial it back. Perhaps you could explain your post more clearly.

In what world were Favre, Marino and Kelly considered mobile quarterbacks?

I'll try to dial it back. Perhaps you could explain your post more clearly.

Comparing Mahomes to a bunch of Qb busts isn't a fair comparison. I agree it's only two preseason games and it is too early to make judgements about him. I think you can tell if a Qb might have what it takes in preseason. Doesn't mean he will make it.

In what world were Favre, Marino and Kelly considered mobile quarterbacks?

Marino no, But Kelly and Favre can make plays with their feet. Just like Aaron Rodgers, He isn't considered a mobile Qb, but he is more than able to make plays with his feet.

Comparing Mahomes to a bunch of Qb busts isn't a fair comparison. I agree it's only two preseason games and it is too early to make judgements about him. I think you can tell if a Qb might have what it takes in preseason. Doesn't mean he will make it.

I guess I don't understand why you brought up HOFers then. Comparison to either extreme is short sighted. But I think I get where you're coming from a bit more now.

Marino no, But Kelly and Favre can make plays with their feet. Just like Aaron Rodgers, He isn't considered a mobile Qb, but he is more than able to make plays with his feet.

You can tell when the QB is making NFL caliber decisions and throws - like Wilson & Dak.

You cannot when it's JP Losman having a perfect game with godawful mechanics, Joe Webb lighting it up for years, or Tyrod making great plays with his feet.

From game film, Mahomes is more in the latter camp.

You can tell when the QB is making NFL caliber decisions and throws - like Wilson & Dak.

You cannot when it's JP Losman having a perfect game with godawful mechanics, Joe Webb lighting it up for years, or Tyrod making great plays with his feet.

From game film, Mahomes is more in the latter camp.

I agree with you GG. You can tell if a QB has the necessary tools to be a good player in the NFL. Take Peterman for example. Some think he can be a starter in the NFL, others see only a career backup. In my uneducated opinion, I like what I see in Mahomes. I'm not saying he should start though.