Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

The half that weren't on screens?

Anyway, you don't have to be impressed he was drafted by the Chiefs. If and when he makes it with the Chiefs, there is always:

-Hindsight is 20-20;

-He wasn't the guy our coaches wanted;

-We REALLY needed a CB! (my personal favorite).

to fall back on.

If and when he doesn't there is always:

well at least they took a chance

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure this was just intended to be informative for now, I'm not going to start beating my head against the wall thinking we passed up on a franchise QB until he starts looking consistently good in the regular season and winning playoff games. I recall Tyrod looking very poised and impressive in the preseason two years ago.

I don't buy that for a second. They've been waiting for a QB to take them to the next level that Smith never could get to.

The poise and readiness were the big factors with Mahomes and he's starting to squash those. There's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes will take Smith's job at some point this season IMO.

Calm down Beevis, like 26CB says, it's the frickin' preseason. Real games tell the tale and Mahomes ain't seeing the field anytime soon.

...so in your view, is the Raglund kid a viable candidate to transition from 3-4 to 4-3 with proper coaching?.............

I have no idea. But coming off an injury and learning/playing in a new system are a tall order for anyone. I'd just assume they say he's still injured and stash him on IR. Too soon to cut bait with him, unless someone offers up a 2nd or 3rd rounder, which I doubt.

I don't buy that for a second. They've been waiting for a QB to take them to the next level that Smith never could get to.

The poise and readiness were the big factors with Mahomes and he's starting to squash those. There's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes will take Smith's job at some point this season IMO.

Chiefs are 43 - 21 with Alex Smith at QB since 2013. I think there are only 2-3 teams with a better winning % over that stretch in the NFL.

So Mahomes is a lock for the playoffs? Or will Alex start all season, and then put Mahomes in there come playoff time? Trying to follow the logic.

No, the idea is that eventually they'll replace Smith with Mahomes and he will take them to the playoffs and then to the SB.

He seriously wasn't that impressive

mmhmm.

Well, I'll tell you what he's doing that's impressive, IMO.

He's doing things that many said were weaknesses.

He's wild;

He's inconsistent;

He can't read...

He's completed 73% of his passes in 2 games. Last night he was 10-14 and 2 were throw aways. I haven't seen too many throws that were actually off target in either game.

And he's getting the ball past the down marker on 3rd downs and going to his 2nd and 3rd target on a number of them. At least of those throws last night were in coverage where the DB was within a yard of the target, few of them where there was more than one defender. he's completed passes a number of times where he was hit.

A few subtle notes...

One throw looked low, (a completion over the middle), but as Trent Green pointed out, it was intentionally low.because the LB coming at the target would have crushed him on a normal throw. And on the sideline throw, after his scramble...Green said, "I'm sitting here in the booth and just shaking my head".

In his first game, he ran to avoid pressure and was sacked. Last night, in the same circumstance, he threw the ball away.

He's learning fast.

And he's doing what Andy Reid is wanting him to do. he's working on those areas of the game that don't involve chucking the ball 40 yards downfield.

He's playing against scrubs and running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Reid deserves credit because he's keeping it simple but that kid is gonna get smeared like a windshield bug if he plays when the bullets are real. His footwork is disastrous and his throwing motion is looooooooooooooooong. He'll be an interception machine.

So Mahomes is a lock for the playoffs? Or will Alex start all season, and then put Mahomes in there come playoff time? Trying to follow the logic.

...so two pre-season games in vanilla land should NOT be the determining factor as to whether a rook has "IT"??....how come?...........

dang,

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/19/16174792/watch-every-patrick-mahomes-pass-and-rush-from-the-chiefs-2nd-preseason-game

Will this be yet another Wilson, Carr, Prescott, Bills didn't pick the franchise QB sitting there situation? Dude's only 21 and he looks more poise than Taylor (12 of the top 14 topics on TSW are on him lol) has ever shown.

Impossible. I read here on TBD that he sucks and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional at best and a troll at worst.

dang,

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/19/16174792/watch-every-patrick-mahomes-pass-and-rush-from-the-chiefs-2nd-preseason-game

Will this be yet another Wilson, Carr, Prescott, Bills didn't pick the franchise QB sitting there situation? Dude's only 21 and he looks more poise than Taylor (12 of the top 14 topics on TSW are on him lol) has ever shown.

The Bills were sitting at #10 and could have had him or Watson and passed on both.

Two more AFC opponents may have grabbed their QB.

The steady Mahomes reports have been flooding in since OTA's.

In Buffalo we do it a little different. We hype 5th rounders.

The Bills were sitting at #10 and could have had him or Watson and passed on both.

Two more AFC opponents may have grabbed their QB.

The steady Mahomes reports have been flooding in since OTA's.

In Buffalo we do it a little different. We hype 5th rounders.

Watson was 3 for 10 the other night.

Yea and even as a confirmed fan I thought he looked bad. But he was mostly against the Pats 1s though... they left them in on defense. Will have been a good learning experience for him.

The word is that Savage has a lock on the Texans' starting QB job.