Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy that for a second. They've been waiting for a QB to take them to the next level that Smith never could get to.

The poise and readiness were the big factors with Mahomes and he's starting to squash those. There's no doubt in my mind that Mahomes will take Smith's job at some point this season IMO.

OMG imagine Smith gets pushed out for the SECOND time in his career by a younger and more dynamic QB! From Kaepernick to Mahomes, Smithy just can't catch a break. We should give them their first round pick back (probably 30th overall) for Smith and call it a day!! GO BILLS

Lots of screen passes and a few passes were way off target. That throwing motion is a mess. He obviously has a strong arm so he has no problem rifling the ball down field on the run. The windows against real defenses are going to be smaller so he won't get away with some of those tight throws in a real game.

He still needs to sit on a bench for the year and fix his mechanics. Then he'll have a shot of turning into something.

OMG imagine Smith gets pushed out for the SECOND time in his career by a younger and more dynamic QB! From Kaepernick to Mahomes, Smithy just can't catch a break. We should give them their first round pick back (probably 30th overall) for Smith and call it a day!! GO BILLS

Sure. Smith at 33 years old would be the franchise QB of the future that the Bills have been looking for since Kelly retired. Good thinking.

Between the 2 QBs the Bills could have had at 10, I'd say that Mahomes has looked better than Watson. But honestly I don't know if either looked that much better than Peterman so far. Will see.

One thing for sure though, we won't be hearing too much from EJ fans this week.

Edited by GG

Yeah - maybe next year the Bills will draft a QB. Or not? After all, I'm sure they'll fall in love with a cornerback-safety combo for their two #1s. So maybe 2019?

The Bills are playing checkers while the rest of the league is playing chess. Hell, the Bills are in the corner eating paste, watching the Browns play checkers.

I can't help notice a majority of his plays are under shotgun snap except when they get in the redzone. It definitely helps the completion percentage. Yet his footwork is bad. Also he isn't stepping into the pocket but instead scrambling backwards at time which isn't smart football. I'm okay getting a project QB in Round 5 not trading up for one in the 1st like the Chiefs did.

Edited by The Jokeman

Okay. :thumbsup:

He's not going to play this year with Smith as the established #1 QB.

KC and Houston both gave up draft picks to draft qbs that they considered were good prospects. So far Watson and Mahomes have showed that they have potential to be franchise qbs. Will this happen right away? No. Are there guarantees that they will have successful careers? No. What both franchises can reasonably claim is that they now have good prospects in the pipeline that in the not too distant future should be their franchise qbs.

Compare that to the Bills situation. The Bills are a franchise that over the past quarter century, since the retirement of Kelly, has not found a franchise qb through the draft, trade or free agency that can be described as a franchise qb. Because of this irrational reluctance to be pro-active in securing the qb position it is one of the primary reasons why this franchise has failed for more than one full generation.

The Bills have had many chances to draft a franchise qb. For the most part they passed on reasonable opportunities. That is why until this issue is addressed the ignominious streak will continue this season and the foreseeable future. What I can say for sure is that dithering is not a solution, it is the problem.

Yeah - maybe next year the Bills will draft a QB. Or not? After all, I'm sure they'll fall in love with a cornerback-safety combo for their two #1s. So maybe 2019?

The Bills are playing checkers while the rest of the league is playing chess. Hell, the Bills are in the corner eating paste, watching the Browns play checkers.

As mentioned in the other thread, there's virtually zero chance Bills don't pick a QB high if Tyrod doesn't play well.

I don't mind waiting, because they get a free option this year. With a very deep 2018 QB class, even if they miss out on the Big 3, there will be a Mahomes-caliber, or better QB available when they pick.

As mentioned in the other thread, there's virtually zero chance Bills don't pick a QB high if Tyrod doesn't play well.

I don't mind waiting, because they get a free option this year. With a very deep 2018 QB class, even if they miss out on the Big 3, there will be a Mahomes-caliber, or better QB available when they pick.

The time to pick a QB high was last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and basically every year for the past 20 years.

The time to pick a QB high was last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and basically every year for the past 20 years.

I'm not going to defend the previous draft utility for quarterbacks. But at least this year that looks like to be a forward-looking view and the thinking is that the 2018 class is much better than 2017 and that's why they didn't pick anyone High