Best play we saw from Peterman last night (Imo)

Steptide

This Peterman talk will continue all season. I'll admit he has me intrigued, but I'm not quite ready to crown him the starting qb.

However, their was a play last night that showed me a sign of potential greatness. Something I can't remember seeing from a bills qb in some time. The link below is highlights of Peterman last night. Watching them again is impressive. Especially on that 2 min drill. However, skip to 2:15 in the video and you'll see in my opinion an amazing play.

Now maybe I'm way over thinking this, or maybe I'm just easily impressed. Either way I keep watching this play and seeing a veteran type qb.

Here's the breakdown. Peterman snaps the ball, drops back, pocket collapses fairly quick. Now if this was Tyrod, or Yates my guess is it would be an immediate scramble or sack. Tyrod may have immediately taken off running. However, what does Peterman do? STEPS UP IN THE POCKET, doesn't see a reciever open, runs down the line of scrimmage (still looking for a reciever), then runs for a first down (head first never the less). Again, I may be way over thinking this, but this play to me is tell tale sign that this kid is going to be great. Maybe not this year. But I really hope the bills hold onto this kid. See for yourself at 2:15

https://youtu.be/aKduBp70kJg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

alright, i'll bite.

what's the big freaking deal if there are 20 Peterman threads or 20 Tyrod threads?

the OP chose a sub of a set and wanted to talk about it, i don't see why it is such a big deal.

all i ever see is waaa waaa waaa, we already have a thread, waaa waa waa.

alright, i'll bite.

what's the big freaking deal if there are 20 Peterman threads or 20 Tyrod threads?

the OP chose a sub of a set and wanted to talk about it, i don't see why it is such a big deal.

I was litterally just asking myself the same question lol. It's a freakin message board. This is what it's for.

alright, i'll bite.

I was litterally just asking myself the same question lol. It's a freakin message board. This is what it's for.

This isn't BBMB and it helps to keep the board from being so chaotic when there aren't multiple active threads with the same subject under discussion.

That's why you see Mods locking threads with the following note:

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

alright, i'll bite.

JMO, but one or two is enough. It's not like ground breaking stuff in each of these tnreads. They are basically all the same.

That's the one thing I enjoy about this place compared to BBMB. The front page shouldn't be cluttered with the same crap because 10 different people think their view of something is so special and different it deserves its own forum.

This isn't BBMB and it helps to keep the board from being so chaotic when there aren't multiple active threads with the same subject under discussion.

That's why you see Mods locking threads with the following note:

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

oh. thank you.

:eyeroll:

JMO, but one or two is enough. It's not like ground breaking stuff in each of these tnreads. They are basically all the same.

That's the one thing I enjoy about this place compared to BBMB. The front page shouldn't be cluttered with the same crap because 10 different people think their view of something is so special and different it deserves its own forum.

Forum decorum. :thumbsup:

Beast, I agree with that. but to see incessant complaining all the time about, 'we already have a thread...' is tiresome. sometimes another thread is warranted.

just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

;)

alright, i'll bite.

You must realize for some on this board it's their life. So be very careful about your subject matter, your grammar, and your opinion of the Bills. You have to meet their criteria if not they come swarming

You must realize for some on this board it's their life. So be very careful about your subject matter, your grammar, and your opinion of the Bills. You have to meet their criteria if not they come swarming

every board has it's own resonance. however, this boards resonance has been in a state of flux since BBMB shut down. you're right, i know that offends some and to be honest, if my applecart was upset, i'm not too sure i would like it. we are after all creatures of habit.

sometimes change is good though. breaking out of that rut is sometimes a needed change of pace.

every board has it's own resonance. however, this boards resonance has been in a state of flux since BBMB shut down. you're right, i know that offends some and to be honest, if my applecart was upset, i'm not too sure i would like it. we are after all creatures of habit.

sometimes change is good though. breaking out of that rut is sometimes a needed change of pace.

Not that kind of change. I had an account at BBMB. It was a chaotic, crazy, madhouse with too many redundant LAMP threads. I seriously doubt that happens here, especially once the regular season starts.

Well I'm still learning how to use this board. The constant whining and crying over threads is ridiculous. Maybe it's me but I have more important issues then to be bent out of shape over a board having to many threads

alright, i'll bite.

Amen Brother

Lol. Pretty nice looking throws. However he was only 50% completion. Definitely excited to watch him the next 2 games

The completion percentage needs work, but in the meantime look where those completions moved the ball to. He fins a way to move the chains and I think his receivers are beginning to trust him.

He has thrown a few back shoulder throws that I haven't seen a Bills QB attempt ever. Shows how horrible our QB situation has been.

Just said this in another thread but fully agree.

It was NICE to see!!!

Lol. Pretty nice looking throws. However he was only 50% completion. Definitely excited to watch him the next 2 games

Agreed but TT didn't even get to 50%.

Peterman just looks competent. A pretty low bar maybe but we have to start somewhere.

I've noticed that too. :lol:

The Baltimore game will be put-up or shut-up time for TT. If Tyrod doesn't look good again against B-more we just might have to take a look at Peterman with the first string. So far the closer to the regular season we get the worse TT looks and the better Peterman looks. I already expect, and look forward to seeing Peterman starting for the Bills before the season is over.

Go Bills!!!!!

Beast, I agree with that. but to see incessant complaining all the time about, 'we already have a thread...' is tiresome. sometimes another thread is warranted.

;)

Oh, i agree as well. I get sick of the BBMB references (like we are a bunch of idiots that know squat about football) but I guess we have to take the good with the bad. Edited by Binghamton Beast

;)

I agree that it sometimes could loosen up, and allow for some focused sub-discussion on players or play.

Rarely do posters create an OP that actually accomplishes that, and even more rarely does the ensuing thread stay on course.

I don't mind having a thread on tyrods footwork breaking down a ton of tape and another thread on his ball placement or two minute drills or... but normally it becomes "tyrods footwork blew on this one play and I hate him and he's the worst" and 9 threads about whether he's a true pro bowler or bum.

Oh, i agree as well. I get sick of the BBMB references (like we are a bunch of idiots that know squat about football) but I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Amen

The Baltimore game will be put-up or shut-up time for TT. If Tyrod doesn't look good again against B-more we just might have to take a look at Peterman with the first string. So far the closer to the regular season we get the worse TT looks and the better Peterman looks. I already expect, and look forward to seeing Peterman starting for the Bills before the season is over.

Go Bills!!!!!

And this is why the Watkins trade was premature. Sammy could have easily made the learning process much easier for Peterman. I do like what I see from this kid so far

Edited by Cherrybone

IF !!!!!! Peterman turned into a QB that allowed us to not draft a high QB next year, we could have our pick of a top wideout.

They would come up together.

Having "Good" Sammy would be nice but IMO he wasn't a McD guy.

Oh baby if Peterman is the real deal, we are talking WR high, a new offensive guard, new center, new DT for when Kyle hangs it up, some new defensive backs...

#itsonlypreseason

IF !!!!!! Peterman turned into a QB that allowed us to not draft a high QB next year, we could have our pick of a top wideout.

They would come up together.

Having "Good" Sammy would be nice but IMO he wasn't a McD guy.

Tis is the first real benefit of having Peterman succeed, and not just WR. How about the best LT in the draft, a D line stud and a 2nd round QB.

Oh baby if Peterman is the real deal, we are talking WR high, a new offensive guard, new center, new DT for when Kyle hangs it up, some new defensive backs...

#itsonlypreseason

now you know what to wish for. Peterman success means way more than just a franchise QB.

Tis is the first real benefit of having Peterman succeed, and not just WR. How about the best LT in the draft, a D line stud and a 2nd round QB.

now you know what to wish for. Peterman success means way more than just a franchise QB.

For real. This is why they should get him 1st team reps now. If he pans out address the o-line, a #1 receiver, and a qb in the second or third round and this team could be on the right path

Not that kind of change. I had an account at BBMB. It was a chaotic, crazy, madhouse with too many redundant LAMP threads. I seriously doubt that happens here, especially once the regular season starts.

I've had an account here since 2008ish probably, lurked a year or two before that, and this board has changed in the last year or so in terms a significant decrease in the number of sub threads discussing the same topic in different ways, and in my opinion it's for the worse.

I am not advocating for redundant threads or just spamming new threads on the same topic, but a single thread with over even 10 pages is inaccessible to anyone trying to get in on the conversation.

By merging and closing threads at such a high rate, you are limiting this board to the people who get in on conversations first, which are likely the people who are most active on the board.

It's antithetical to the goal of a message board that encourages an open discussion with many different opinions (while ensuring those opinions are within the acceptable tone and style of the board, which is totally fine).

I don't enjoy any bbmbs during the season. We have posters proclaiming we have zero % chance to make the playoffs when we are 4-3. I log on to read a few selected posters take of the previous weeks game and that's about it. Although I once had a slight meltdown proclaiming my hatred of Fitzpatrick and I'm convinced that the officials have it out for us, I really can't stand all the crying. It's quite depressing. Our team is depressing so I guess it goes hand in hand. I prefer the message boards in the offseason. It's the most exciting time of year as a bills fan.

I've had an account here since 2008ish probably, lurked a year or two before that, and this board has changed in the last year or so in terms a significant decrease in the number of sub threads discussing the same topic in different ways, and in my opinion it's for the worse.

I am not advocating for redundant threads or just spamming new threads on the same topic, but a single thread with over even 10 pages is inaccessible to anyone trying to get in on the conversation.

By merging and closing threads at such a high rate, you are limiting this board to the people who get in on conversations first, which are likely the people who are most active on the board.

It's antithetical to the goal of a message board that encourages an open discussion with many different opinions (while ensuring those opinions are within the acceptable tone and style of the board, which is totally fine).

Can't agree here, because if someone makes a good point backed with solid fact based analysis within a thread irrespective of length, it will be appreciated and responded to with subsequent discussion.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This Peterman talk will continue all season. I'll admit he has me intrigued, but I'm not quite ready to crown him the starting qb.

However, their was a play last night that showed me a sign of potential greatness. Something I can't remember seeing from a bills qb in some time. The link below is highlights of Peterman last night. Watching them again is impressive. Especially on that 2 min drill. However, skip to 2:15 in the video and you'll see in my opinion an amazing play.

Now maybe I'm way over thinking this, or maybe I'm just easily impressed. Either way I keep watching this play and seeing a veteran type qb.

Here's the breakdown. Peterman snaps the ball, drops back, pocket collapses fairly quick. Now if this was Tyrod, or Yates my guess is it would be an immediate scramble or sack. Tyrod may have immediately taken off running. However, what does Peterman do? STEPS UP IN THE POCKET, doesn't see a reciever open, runs down the line of scrimmage (still looking for a reciever), then runs for a first down (head first never the less). Again, I may be way over thinking this, but this play to me is tell tale sign that this kid is going to be great. Maybe not this year. But I really hope the bills hold onto this kid. See for yourself at 2:15

https://youtu.be/aKduBp70kJg

The pass up the middle to Oleary in between 2 defenders was a nice touch pass too.