Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way he would ever come back. It's not like this is the only team that would offer a contract. If he ever even hit free agency which he won't, I'm sure he would not want to be back here. The only way he'd ever come back is if nobody else offered a contract. In that instance why would you want him it would mean he's done

@RamsNFL

1f3b6.png Reunited and it feels so good 1f3b6.png@sammywatkins in the house and reunited with @robertwoods! #DALvsLA

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/896502439167250433

Worked so great for Buffalo the last few years............

Rams fan(s) should be jumping for joy that they managed to steal away the dynamic (former) Bills WR duo.................

Why wouldn't he want to come here, if he gets a market competitive offer after this year?

Because he was underappreciated and undervalued here to the point they didn't pick up his 5th year option, nor keep him for the final year of his rookie deal for that matter. They sent him packing for a 2nd and a number 3 or 4 CB. They would have to drastically overpay to get him to come back and even then I don't believe the relationship could be repaired to the point he would return. Only if he really loved Buffalo that much, but I highly doubt it.

Why would Sammy come back to Buffalo when he could be a Patriot? That's the silver lining for me if he signs in LA.

My thought exactly. If Watkins came back to the Northeast, it would be as a Patriot.

there's no way the rams don't re-sign him. why even bother with the trade if that's not in your plans. they may have to take a chance and throw some cash at him, but i'd be shocked if there's not a deal in place fairly soon.