Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might need the pick received in the trade to get the qb you want.

If the organization felt that Watkins was not going to re-sign then the deal made sense, at least to me.

Then just throw in another future #1 then.........and keep a guy you will not replace with a #1 in Watkins.

People look at that draft and think it's common for there to be WR talent available like that.........it's not.

I was even clamoring for them to get another WR later.......make hay when the sun shines.

This past draft.........Mike Williams? That guy might have gone 3rd round or later in Watkins class.

WHY? WR with so much potential but hasn't come close to reaching it. Bring him back? NO thanks. TIme to move on.

Agree and to add a bit more...

Paying a high price for a high performance WR makes zero sense for this team until we have a good QB who has broken into the league and feeling comfortable. Like 2 or 3 years from now the window on that might open.

With no QB to get Sammy the ball, he is like buying a $300,000 Ferrari that can't be revved past 2,000 RPM. At that point, buy a VW GTI and save $280,000.

I'm asking about where he said he wants the ball "at the expense of the win/loss record?" I've never seen that.

Will you show me where i stated that Watkins said that? Will you show me where I used quotes contributing that statement to watkins?

Look, I think you know I don't bash Sammy or anything, but those stats aren't favorable. They're comparable, I suppose. but in 3 more games he had fewer targets, fewer catches, fewer yards, and fewer TDs. That isn't favorable.

Pff rated Sammy:

The former Clemson Tiger ranked 47th among 115 WRs with a 76.8 overall grade In 2016z

Will you show me where i stated that Watkins said that? Will you show me where I used quotes contributing that statement to watkins?

Pff rated Sammy:

The former Clemson Tiger ranked 47th among 115 WRs with a 76.8 overall grade In 2016z

Yeah, let's throw out a PFF rating when he played only eight games with a broken foot as if it's a true measure of his abilities. :thumbsup:

Yeah, let's throw out a PFF rating when he played only eight games with a broken foot as if it's a true measure of his abilities. :thumbsup:

Is this better for you his best year he still wasnt top ten:

Watkins best year was in 2015, when he earned an 87.5 overall grade 11th-best among WRs

I pulled just one post where you said:

I ME want the ball at the expense of the entire team, win/loss record, and offensive system/play calling for the sake of one player

He never said or inferred that. He simply believed that the team would have been better served to throw him the ball (like every great receiver thinks).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I pulled just one post where you said:

I ME want the ball at the expense of the entire team, win/loss record, and offensive system/play calling for the sake of one player

He never said or inferred that. He simply believed that the team would have been better served to throw him the ball (like every great receiver thinks).

What he said was regardless of if any ither player was open he wanted the ball whether he had coverage on him or not.

Thats selfish.

That means disregard the offensive coordinators calls.

Disregard the qbs read/progression.

Disregard the hcs calls.

Disregard the team for his own personal selfish desires.

You cant be serious about agreeing with Watkins wanting the ball regardless if his teamate wide open.

In case you wanted his rookie numbers:

Watkins was PFFs No. 77-graded receiver as a rookie in 2014

What he said was regardless of if any ither player was open he wanted the ball whether he had coverage on him or not.

Thats selfish.

That means disregard the offensive coordinators calls.

Disregard the qbs read/progression.

Disregard the hcs calls.

Disregard the team for his own personal selfish desires.

You cant be serious about agreeing with Watkins wanting the ball regardless if his teamate wide open.

In case you wanted his rookie numbers:

Watkins was PFFs No. 77-graded receiver as a rookie in 2014

No. That means I'm open when I'm not open because I'm confident in my ability to beat a CB for a 50-50 ball to come down with a catch by making a play for my QB. All great WRs have this mentality.

No. That means I'm open when I'm not open because I'm confident in my ability to beat a CB for a 50-50 ball to come down with a catch by making a play for my QB. All great WRs have this mentality.

No all great wrs dont say they dont care if there team mates are open and they are covered they want the ball. Not all great wrs say they wants 50-69% of all the teams pass attempts

Look, I think you know I don't bash Sammy or anything, but those stats aren't favorable. They're comparable, I suppose. but in 3 more games he had fewer targets, fewer catches, fewer yards, and fewer TDs. That isn't favorable.

again. You are comparing Sammy with Julio Jones. Most likely the best receiver in the NFL. Period. No even close. If Sammy ever even sniffs his production over their careers I'll gladly buy you a season ticket. You can sit right next to me and gloat every game. Talking about how great Sammy was and how right you were.

But you don't take bets. Instead I'll gladly make fun of everyone here for faking in love with a guy that never healthy. And what could have been. It's always what could have been with the players that no one can ever get over.

again. You are comparing Sammy with Julio Jones. Most likely the best receiver in the NFL. Period. No even close. If Sammy ever even sniffs his production over their careers I'll gladly buy you a season ticket. You can sit right next to me and gloat every game. Talking about how great Sammy was and how right you were.

But you don't take bets. Instead I'll gladly make fun of everyone here for faking in love with a guy that never healthy. And what could have been. It's always what could have been with the players that no one can ever get over.

I didn't project anything about Sammy's future. To say what they each accomplished in their first 3 years isn't comparable is silly. It is comparable. That doesn't mean Sammy will pick it up like Julio did.

I didn't project anything about Sammy's future. To say what they each accomplished in their first 3 years isn't comparable is silly. It is comparable. That doesn't mean Sammy will pick it up like Julio did.

my fault Hokie. This was meant as a reply for 26. I was busy and didn't look at which post I was replying to. I saw the impressive visual that 26 posted and was flustered obviously.

They gave up a 2 they will franchise him if he doesnt sign a long term deal. He wouldnt come back anywaya.

They'll certainly look to extend him now, but what they offer him and what he excepts will be curious to see. And if he doesn't have good enough of a season to justify franchising him, they'll let him walk and get a comp pick potentially.

He played in 29 of 32 games in his 1st two seasons with over 2000 yards and 15 TDs in run oriented offenses under Hackett and Roman. Is that under productive? The fact that he's had a 2nd surgery to correct the Jones fracture (just like Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, and Julian Edelman) and being able to go full bore in camp bodes well for him.

Cherry picking is weak. 3 seasons, 37 games, 153 catches, 2,459 yards and 17 TDs. Those are solid stats, it they're sure not elite. Even in his best season he barely broke 1k yards. That's not enough for a #1 WR so yes, its underperforming for that. He's obviously got talent, but he doesn't have the production to match. He very well might change that this season. It's his contract year so I'd bet he will do everything he can to produce. He'll probably have his best season yet. But I do not want any part of him long term because I expect him to be way overpaid with his second contract. I'm glad we aren't the ones that are going to give it to him.

Cherry picking is weak. 3 seasons, 37 games, 153 catches, 2,459 yards and 17 TDs. Those are solid stats, it they're sure not elite. Even in his best season he barely broke 1k yards. That's not enough for a #1 WR so yes, its underperforming for that. He's obviously got talent, but he doesn't have the production to match. He very well might change that this season. It's his contract year so I'd bet he will do everything he can to produce. He'll probably have his best season yet. But I do not want any part of him long term because I expect him to be way overpaid with his second contract. I'm glad we aren't the ones that are going to give it to him.

Why would I look at a season when he was injured as a measure of what his abilities are? Underachieveing? Hardly as 1K+ yards on 60 catches at 17.5 YPC with 9 TDs is highly productive. Typical I don't appreciate great players on my team Bills' fan attitude. Good luck Buffalo.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Then just throw in another future #1 then.........and keep a guy you will not replace with a #1 in Watkins.

People look at that draft and think it's common for there to be WR talent available like that.........it's not.

I was even clamoring for them to get another WR later.......make hay when the sun shines.

This past draft.........Mike Williams? That guy might have gone 3rd round or later in Watkins class.

Watkins was not tendered. So it is obvious that he wasn't in the long term plans. Odds are that Watkins was not going to choose to stay with the team when he was on the market. So the organization made a deal where they got something in return instead of getting nada.

The more crucial issue isn't Watkins as it is the status of our qb situation. Accumulating picks and better positioning oneself to select an authentic qb prospect is more important than having a talented receiver who is going to be underutilized because of the qb situation.

With or without Watkins this isn't a playoff team. Until the qb issue is addressed everything else is a peripheral issue. Trading Watkins put the franchise in a better situation to address the more important issue for this lagging franchise. I not only understand their reasoning but I agree with it.

Watkins was not tendered. So it is obvious that he wasn't in the long term plans. Odds are that Watkins was not going to choose to stay with the team when he was on the market. So the organization made a deal where they got something in return instead of getting nada.

The more crucial issue isn't Watkins as it is the status of our qb situation. Accumulating picks and better positioning oneself to select an authentic qb prospect is more important than having a talented receiver who is going to be underutilized because of the qb situation.

With or without Watkins this isn't a playoff team. Until the qb issue is addressed everything else is a peripheral issue. Trading Watkins put the franchise in a better situation to address the more important issue for this lagging franchise. I not only understand their reasoning but I agree with it.

As evidenced by what? Not to mention he could have been tagged.

Why would I look at a season when he was injured as a measure of what his abilities are? Underachieveing? Hardly as 1K+ yards on 60 catches at 17.5 YPC with 9 TDs is highly productive. Typical I don't appreciate great players on my team Bills' fan attitude. Good luck Buffalo.

serious question.

How did you feel about Stevie Johnson? Because he had 3 straight seasons of 1,000+ yards. And I don't recall anyone ever saying he was elite. In fact the opposite. I recall everyone always making comment that he wasn't even a #1.

serious question.

How did you feel about Stevie Johnson? Because he had 3 straight seasons of 1,000+ yards. And I don't recall anyone ever saying he was elite. In fact the opposite. I recall everyone always making comment that he wasn't even a #1.

He wasn't. Completely different talent level.

serious question.

Because obviously in the NFL talent/potential > production/consistency

As evidenced by what? Not to mention he could have been tagged.

He wasn't tagged. That's a fact! You can disagree with their not tendering but they made a decision not to. That is an indication that he wasn't in their plans.

I believe that the new regime came in with a strategy of rebuilding the roster and undoing the work of Whaley and Rex. In my view they are at least three years away from being a playoff team. This is what happens when you haven't had a franchise qb for a quarter century, and this is what happens when you take a patchwork approach building a roster for the sake of striving to be a fringe playoff team. The primary method of accomplishing this endeavor is through the draft. So don't be surprised when assets are sold off for picks.

yet he produced more than Sammy and he's already a hall of gamer in your eyes.

You crack me up man.

You obviously don't get it. Stevie Johnson's best year he had 82 catches for 1073 yards (13.1 YPC) and 10 TDs Sammy's best is 60 catches for 1047 yards (17.5 YPC) and 9 TDs. More explosive player who can dictate coverage and must be accounted for with a specific gameplan is Sammy Watkins. If you don't understand the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

He wasn't tagged. That's a fact! You can disagree with their not tendering but they made a decision not to. That is an indication that he wasn't in their plans.

I believe that the new regime came in with a strategy of rebuilding the roster and undoing the work of Whaley and Rex. In my view they are at least three years away from being a playoff team. This is what happens when you haven't had a franchise qb for a quarter century, and this is what happens when you take a patchwork approach building a roster for the sake of striving to be a fringe playoff team. The primary method of accomplishing this endeavor is through the draft. So don't be surprised when assets are sold off for picks.

His 5th year option wasn't exercised and he never got to the point where he could have been tagged. Tendered what happens to RFAs or exclusive rights FAs. No need to gut the team of young talent that can help your potential franchise QB that you plan to acquire. Shortsighted to trade him IMO.

You obviously don't get it. Stevie Johnson's best year he had 82 catches for 1073 yards (13.1 YPC) and 10 TDs Sammy's best is 60 catches for 1047 yards (17.5 YPC) and 9 TDs. More explosive player who can dictate coverage and must be accounted for with a specific gameplan is Sammy Watkins. If you don't understand the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

yeah. You look at the YPC. I get it. That's important for you. Nice cherry picking your stats. When I see less yards, less receptions, and less TDs. Oh, and Fitzpicksix throwing him the ball.

Don't let me get in your way of the every dying love you have for Sammy Watkins. It's not showing or anything.

I think for xmas I'm going to get you one of his dreadlocks. You can go to sleep with it under your pillow every night.

yeah. You look at the YPC. I get it. That's important for you. Nice cherry picking your stats. When I see less yards, less receptions, and less TDs. Oh, and Fitzpicksix throwing him the ball.

Don't let me get in your way of the every dying love you have for Sammy Watkins. It's not showing or anything.

I think for xmas I'm going to get you one of his dreadlocks. You can go to sleep with it under your pillow every night.

This. :lol:

Of course that's all you see. The bolded text is all nonsense that adds nothing to the conversation.

Wait...are you trying to argue Stevie is as good or better than Watkins? Stevie couldn't hold Sammy's jock, and if you don't know why or can't tell the difference in talent, then I just don't even know what to say...

Wait...are you trying to argue Stevie is as good or better than Watkins? Stevie couldn't hold Sammy's jock, and if you don't know why or can't tell the difference in talent, then I just don't even know what to say...

It's ridiculous to say the least.