Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

Of course that's all you see. The bolded text is all nonsense that adds nothing to the conversation.

I want you to know I always appreciate your commentary. Although on this issue we are riding on different buses and taking different routes. :thumbsup:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want you to know I always appreciate your commentary. Although on this issue we are riding on different buses and taking different routes. :thumbsup:

It's all good. I always appreciate and respect your POV. While some others are just plain obtuse and are not worth debating.

Wait...are you trying to argue Stevie is as good or better than Watkins? Stevie couldn't hold Sammy's jock, and if you don't know why or can't tell the difference in talent, then I just don't even know what to say...

youre missing the point. The point is, Stevie had 3 consecutive seasons with 1,000+ yards. However people kept commenting on how we needed a "true #1". In the same amount of time Sammy has produced significantly less as far as production and people are claiming he's like the best receiver in the league. People are comparing him to Julio Jones. If you believe that, then apparently you are a Sammy lover boy too.

I've never argued that Sammys potential hasn't been through the roof. The argument is that he's never proved it. He's never proved to be worthy of 2x1st round picks. He's never proved to be worthy of a franchise tag at a ridiculous price tag. He's never proved to be healthy and worthy enough of a long term contract. It let's all focus on his potential vs actual production. If you don't get that then I don't know what to say

It's all good. I always appreciate and respect your POV. While some others are just plain obtuse and are not worth debating.

yiu are just butt hurt your lover boy is gone and you can't get over it. I know. It hurts.

youre missing the point. The point is, Stevie had 3 consecutive seasons with 1,000+ yards. However people kept commenting on how we needed a "true #1". In the same amount of time Sammy has produced significantly less as far as production and people are claiming he's like the best receiver in the league. People are comparing him to Julio Jones. If you believe that, then apparently you are a Sammy lover boy too.

I've never argued that Sammys potential hasn't been through the roof. The argument is that he's never proved it. He's never proved to be worthy of 2x1st round picks. He's never proved to be worthy of a franchise tag at a ridiculous price tag. He's never proved to be healthy and worthy enough of a long term contract. It let's all focus on his potential vs actual production. If you don't get that then I don't know what to say

yiu are just butt hurt your lover boy is gone and you can't get over it. I know. It hurts.

Another thoughtful comment by you that adds so much to the conversation. Never change!

Another thoughtful comment by you that adds so much to the conversation. Never change!

I mean, you got real *edit: defensive, not offensive* in another thread when I suggested Watkins might be soft, called me a troll because I have an opinion, and said you had enough of the conversation because the statistics didn't back your ideas.

So... pot meet kettle?

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

look, I know deep down you are just going to keep replying to everything anyone ever says and posting your stupid twitter links and links to news clips that are actually linked in the main page of TBD anyway. I get it, you want to win the "who can generate the most posts ever" trophy. So I'll concede that you are ridiculous in your football opinions as well as have zero life and are on this site 24-7 constantly arguing with people. Congrats. Now go fall asleep sticking your thumb while wearing your Sammy jersey. Edited by mrags

I mean, you got real *edit: defensive, not offensive* in another thread when I suggested Watkins might be soft, called me a troll because I have an opinion, and said you had enough of the conversation because the statistics didn't back your ideas.

So... pot meet kettle?

You were arguing YAC with no understanding of Sammy's role in the offensive system he was in his 1st three years and it made zero sense. Your trolling was calling him soft as a point of why his YAC was low and that's a silly troll post that doesn't merit a real response.

look, I know deep down you are just going to keep replying to everything anyone ever says and posting your stupid twitter links and links to news clips that are actually linked in the main page of TBD anyway. I get it, you want to win the "who can generate the most posts ever" trophy. So I'll concede that you are ridiculous in your football opinions as well as have zero life and are on this site 24-7 constantly arguing with people. Congrats. Now go fall asleep sticking your thumb while wearing your Sammy jersey.

K thanks.

You were arguing YAC with no understanding of Sammy's role in the offensive system he was in his 1st three years and it made zero sense. Your trolling was calling him soft as a point of why his YAC was low and that's a silly troll post that doesn't merit a real response.

K thanks.

A guy with as much talent as Watkins surely gets YAC regardless of offensive system. Right? Because talent is the most important thing.

And he is soft. He gets injured a lot. Low YAC is indicative of low broken tackles which is indicative of being soft.

Why would I look at a season when he was injured as a measure of what his abilities are? Underachieveing? Hardly as 1K+ yards on 60 catches at 17.5 YPC with 9 TDs is highly productive. Typical I don't appreciate great players on my team Bills' fan attitude. Good luck Buffalo.

Taking the best case scenario as who a player is would be a horrible way to run a team. I can't tell you how many times people say things like "I'd take a healthy Sammy Watki s over..........". There's that qualifier so often. But you don't see it with those he's compared to because, you know, you don't need to. It's part of the package with him until he proves it isn't.

Also you're flat out wrong on the stats. 1k receiving yards would've ranked him 25th last season between Kenny Britt and Davante Adams. Are you telling me that they're elite receiver's? Or that 25th best is elite? Sorry. And that's not even his average season total. He's well below that.

Taking the best case scenario as who a player is would be a horrible way to run a team. I can't tell you how many times people say things like "I'd take a healthy Sammy Watki s over..........". There's that qualifier so often. But you don't see it with those he's compared to because, you know, you don't need to. It's part of the package with him until he proves it isn't.

Also you're flat out wrong on the stats. 1k receiving yards would've ranked him 25th last season between Kenny Britt and Davante Adams. Are you telling me that they're elite receiver's? Or that 25th best is elite? Sorry. And that's not even his average season total. He's well below that.

You again miss the point. 1k yards on 60 catches is higly productive.

Undoing the work by Whaley... I didn't realize that meant ridding themselves of really good football players just because Whaley drafted them.

The asinine philosophy of changing things that work and trading/not resigning good football players will result in Beane and McDermott starting their tenures here with AT LEAST two straight losing seasons. All of which could/could have easily be avoided if these guys adapted their scheme to the players here and not scrap young talent for UNKNOWN draft picks.

This team could've easily competed for the playoffs and made the playoffs this year which would've been beneficial for EVERYONE involved(fans, GM, coach, owner). Instead we are sure to lose more then win the next couple years, because these new guys are smarter then everyone....per the norm with a new hire in Buffalo before it blows up in their face.

With respect to the highlighted segment you need to face the harsh reality that the team that Whaley left is not now or ever would be a playoff team. Doug Whaley took a patchwork approach of staffing a roster as if it were on the verge of qualifying for a wild-card spot. That approach hasn't worked and will never work. Striving to be a little better than average for the sake of vying for a fringe playoff spot is simply investing in perpetual mediocrity.

You and many others are resistant to the arduous task of rebuilding a flawed roster that could never be rehabilitated into being a serious team. The shame of this exasperating repetitive starting over again is that it is happening because of the absurdly stupid hiring of Rex by the clueless new owners. Because of that foolish hire two years were wasted during his tenure and another two years will be needed to clean up the mess he left in order to get back to the starting gate. If you can't handle that reality that is your problem!

The Beane/McDermott tandem have mapped out a strategy for everyone to see. There is no hidden agenda here. Many people refuse to accept what is actually going on. The new regime is going to rebuild the roster primarily through the draft. Why do you think they are accumulating so many draft picks? Beane has publicly stated the primary method of the rebuild is through the draft. Why can't you and many fretful others accept his clear comments at face value?

In the grand scheme of things the Watkins deal is going to be insignificant because it is going to take at least four years before this team will be participants in the playoffs. If you can't handle that hard reality then that's your problem.

Edited by JohnC