Bills trade Ronald Darby for WR Jordan Matthews, 3rd rd pick

YoloinOhio

Because Beane and his puppet master TBG said so!

I would actually like this trade if we didn't trade Sammy. We could have had one of the best WRs core in the NFL. Instead, we are now the Eagles of last year. Meh.

I think we are going for the short term pain-long term gain approach. Problem is; they traded 2 of our youngest and most promising, and kept the old productive vets.

Jordan Matthews was going to be a #4 wr and Sammy, if healthy, has more potential than any draft pick we are going to get.

Perhaps, we get lucky with a draft pick. But Sammy's upside is higher than anyone involved in this trades. Most of the time, you don't get better by trading elite talent.

Sammy was toast here. They got something out of him rather than just letting him play out his contract.

I think we are going for the short term pain-long term gain approach. Problem is; they traded 2 of our youngest and most promising, and kept the old productive vets.

So why re-sign Tyrod and take away the player who can help him most?

People talk about this plan. Well, you should have decided this before you re-signed the qb.

Sammy was toast here. They got something out of him rather than just letting him play out his contract.

Not enough for a player with his talent. And they could have kept him if they wanted to or else he would lose millions next year.

So why re-sign Tyrod and take away the player who can help him most?

People talk about this plan. Well, you should have decided this before you re-signed the qb.

Not enough for a player with his talent. And they could have kept him if they wanted to or else he would lose millions next year.

That's what I'm saying. I agree. Their justification for these moves make their other moves idiotic.

There's no plan. Watkins was in their plans if he got healthy.....until he wasn't.

They are screwing up with half-measures, not rebuilding, not going all-in, so we can return to 6-10 form forever.

Watkins and Darby trades didn't affect the number of wins that the Bills' s fans expected this year. 4-6 ? The 2018 draft should be very productive in helping the Bills for the long run. IMO, I like both trades, should be fun watching this year, It wasn't like we were going to the Super Bowl with these two "Stars". GO BILLS

Ok... I'm shocked. All eyes on the future I guess. I'm not sure I get why they kept TT then. Why sign Anquan to a 1yr deal? Just tank. All of this talk about not surrendering the season is just that, talk. The team is much less likely to make any sort of push this year. If your plan is to really start it next year, then get the first pick in each round.

I wonder how Kyle Williams feels about coming back now. They're going nowhere this year.

Yeah THAT!!!!!!! that's what I got a problem with. This is HALF ASS TANK job.

Had we gotten a few firsts, aka what capital it to draft him maybe I would entertain that.

But no, we sent over a solid, (not spectacular) player for a reject and a 2nd round pick.

Gild the turd if you like, but it still reeks in the August heat

Ok... I'm shocked. All eyes on the future I guess. I'm not sure I get why they kept TT then. Why sign Anquan to a 1yr deal? Just tank. All of this talk about not surrendering the season is just that, talk. The team is much less likely to make any sort of push this year. If your plan is to really start it next year, then get the first pick in each round.

I wonder how Kyle Williams feels about coming back now. They're going nowhere this year.

yeah. poor Kyle. He's not going to see the light of day now.

That's what I'm saying. I agree. Their justification for these moves make their other moves idiotic.

There's no plan. Watkins was in their plans if he got healthy.....until he wasn't.

They are screwing up with half-measures, not rebuilding, not going all-in, so we can return to 6-10 form forever.

Of course there is a plan.

are you guys even serious.

Just because You don't see it makes it so?

recall the key phrase

Trust the process.

and perhaps some patience is in order with the new staff?

And Ron Darby is going to a good home under Jim S, as is Watkins to be with Robert.

I hope they both stay healthy and perform well for their new Teams.

50 Cent Frosty's for everyone tonight!

one over here please !

Bills 2018 1st first round pick should be top 10, 2nd 1st round pick be in the top 20.

Bills 2018 1st 2nd round pick should be in the top 5 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 10.

Bills 2018 1st 3rd round pick be in the top 10 and 2nd second round pick be in the top 20.

CAN WE PLEASE GET A DAMN FRANCHISE QB!

sadly, that won't be enough ammo to get a good QB prospect unless the Bills' own pick is top 5.

Of course there is a plan.

are you guys even serious.

Just because You don't see it makes it so?

recall the key phrase

Trust the process.

and perhaps some patience is in order with the new staff?

And Ron Darby is going to a good home under Jim S, as is Watkins to be with Robert.

I hope they both stay healthy and perform well for their new Teams.

I am calling it like I see it now. If Beane and co change my mind with their actions, I'll happily concede I was wrong at the time.

Trading these players don't make sense, to me.

teams typically don't trade 1st rounders for non-QBs

Except the Bills, who gave up two first rounders plus a fourth for an injury prone receiver in the deepest receiving class in NFL history to move up eight spots. The rest of the league laughed then and they're laughing now.

I am calling it like I see it now. If Beane and co change my mind with their actions, I'll happily concede I was wrong at the time.

Trading these players don't make sense, to me.

I sure understand why you would take that stance. Not sure it makes sense to me either.

But I am not at all sure its a tank or a screw up.

But i would be surprised if it was just careless workmanship or The Kids drinking Dad's beer and making phone calls from the Rolodex.

Crazy times for sure though.

when you thought you were giving your ticket for Tunnel of Love, you are now on the Canadian Mouse. ( that ride scared me a little when i was a kid )

I think Watkins they looked at what he would be asking for next year, how he was responding to coaches and decided POSSIBLE third round compensation pick was not enough.

Darby? Guessing his head was not in game and they did not see him matching 1st year production.

All of the trades are subject to players passing physicals of course so we may have not seen the end yet.

Except the Bills, who gave up two first rounders plus a fourth for an injury prone receiver in the deepest receiving class in NFL history to move up eight spots. The rest of the league laughed then and they're laughing now.

embrace the 17 year drought of losing.

and then throw it out of a moving car at 77 miles per hour.

stop. put the car in reverse and run over it. to be sure its dead.

if you have a license to conceal permit, or a Slingshot.

It is okay to shoot the beast as well.

We are looking at a possible Top 3 pick with the tank in full effect on this team. I can also see KC having a 7-8 win season which bodes well for us as well. I expect the hammer to drop on others as well like Wood, TT, Shady are all in play. The 3rd Rd comp pick will happen when Holmes, Tolbert and Hodges get cut. Quite the surplus going into next year's draft. Will it amount to anything? Stay tuned.

I wish you would be a GM of another team in our division if "with the tank in full effect on this team".

Im as positive as anyone, but today is pretty hard to swallow. To pull this **** on the fanbase 4 weeks before the start of the season is a kick in the nuts.

This was planned ahead of time - as example, their former #1 WR is not on cover of 2017 Buffalo Bills Yearbook and look at preseason game 1. The Bills are trying to use those who fit the scheme and get most of the value of those who don't.

@mikerodak

The NFL's transaction wire Friday notes the 2018 third-round pick the Bills received from the Eagles is conditional. It is unclear what those conditions are. The Bills acquired that pick with WR Jordan Matthews for CB Ronald Darby.

@mikerodak

The Bills say the NFL's transaction wire Friday has an error. The 2018 third-round pick received from the Eagles is not conditional; the wire released to teams Friday said it was conditional.

:lol::lol:

The bolded stuff hits ya rite in the sack! Thanks OBD jus made sundays a little less cool this year

It's a reverse process.

While that may be true, the ONLY thing that pretty much everyone can agree on is that TT throws a great deep ball. So it really doesn't matter if we don't have anyone to go deep.

Oh, wait...

Im as positive as anyone, but today is pretty hard to swallow. To pull this **** on the fanbase 4 weeks before the start of the season is a kick in the nuts.

Only possible spin: we are a run first team therefore elite WR are not needed. Sammy prob wasnt coming back next yr and we get a draft pick back for him along with a CB, who if healthy, is prob better than Darby.

Darby is pretty bad.

After season tickets have been renewed. After single games have been sold. After Sunday Ticket had been purchased. After promotion of Sammy on Bills marketing, selling him to fanbase, selling his jersey.

It's a bull sh__ move at this point.

Everyone is running around with their hair on fire over the change at WR.

I'm way more curious about our CBs. We've lost both Gilmore and Darby now. It's hard for me to believe that our young defensive minded Head Coach is going to pin his hopes and career on this new line up unless he's pretty sure his defense can withstand the changes. I'm praying that Gaines is a baller.

Only possible spin: we are a run first team therefore elite WR are not needed. Sammy prob wasnt coming back next yr and we get a draft pick back for him along with a CB, who if healthy, is prob better than Darby.

Darby is pretty bad.

This is a sound prognostication. Sammy was prob not returning. Bills are set up for a candy store draft next year.