We should have kept Jones and traded Yates

uticaclub

I know that Yates knows the offense, has more experience and that Jones is still raw, but Jones is impressing with the Chargers and Yates looks terrible in practice and was even worse in the game.

Also did they just give Taiwan Jones, Cardell Jones old jersey? Having a RB wearing #7? I'm thinking they didn't want to make a New Jersey for a guy that was going to get cut and they gave him an old one that was laying around.

I know that Yates knows the offense, has more experience and that Jones is still raw, but Jones is impressing with the Chargers and Yates looks terrible in practice and was even worse in the game.

Also did they just give Taiwan Jones, Cardell Jones old jersey? Having a RB wearing #7? I'm thinking they didn't want to make a New Jersey for a guy that was going to get cut and they gave him an old one that was laying around.

Jones hasn't even played a down yet for LA. We can all watch him flop Sunday night. Remember, he was traded for a reason. The Chargers took the bait.

Edited by mileena

Jones hasn't even played a down yet for LA. We can all watch him flop Sunday night. Remember, he was traded for a reason. The Chargers took the bait.

What does that mean? Right now the options are this:

1. Yates sucks but Cardale also sucks.

2. Yates sucks but Cardale improved.

Either way, Yates sucks, and we are stuck with him (for now).

I dunno, Yates was putting the ball places and his receivers were dicking around and weren't looking for it. QB's have to throw the ball before a receiver makes his break, if the receiver sucks at making a clean break, the QB looks bad, if the QB waits for the receiver he gets sacked, like Tyrod does...

Tyrod is still telegraphing his throws and waiting too long. It seems like he will never "get it".

There is "brutal" at the position (EJ throwing 3 interceptions) and then there is not very good (Yates last night).

I don't like either, but the weird thing is I liked aspects of the brutal EJ over the not very good Yates. I felt the same with Jones.

Yates does absolutely nothing for me. I'd take a wild card QB prospect over him if Nate wins the job.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

This is assuming TJ Yates had any trade value.

Maybe the coaching staff wanted to focus on a single project QB than divide their efforts

I understand your point but with qb being the most important player on the team having two developmental qbs wouldn't seem like the worst idea. I mean this team has carried two kickers

You really think you could trade Yates?

I never understood the rush to trade jones.

Peterman is the answer to that question. The QB depth chart model appears to be:

Starter

Vet back up

Dev prospect

Peterman is a better prospect and Lynn was willing to give something for a guy that was goning to be cut

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I would always use the last spot or 2 on the roster on project players. That's what Cardale was. That's what Logan Thomas is/was. The same goes for Jasper and Manhertz. I would invest the effort in harnessing a great physical skill set. You can always nab random guys off the street that are no worse than the bottom of the roster guys. I'd rather a project with big upside than a 9th OL or 7th LB that will never see the field.

Me either. I never expected much out of Jones but he was a developmental qb. Why get rid of him after 1 year?

Jones may suck but Yates has demonstrated for 6 years he sucks. But Jones wasn't the new regime's "guy."

Because having 4 QBs inc 2 developmental guys is bad roster management, there aren't the snaps to go round

Because having 4 QBs inc 2 developmental guys is bad roster management, there aren't the snaps to go round

Having a vet who is borderline even being in the NFL is bad roster construction.

The odds of Jones and Peterman being that much worse than Yates is very small. And even if Jones really sucked, you can get a TJ Yates at any time.

Having a vet who is borderline even being in the NFL is bad roster construction.

The odds of Jones and Peterman being that much worse than Yates is very small. And even if Jones really sucked, you can get a TJ Yates at any time.

Think of Yates as a "coach on the field" during camp. They're only going to keep 2 quarterbacks on the roster.

There's a reason I call him TJ Yikes.

" let's see what he can do." You say..... and then you see him.

I also have no idea what Jones could do and feel he probably doesn't do much when all is said and done. BUT, he COULD turn into something. Yikes is who he is. Like TT he has had enough chances and wishing and hoping he improves is silly.

I hope Peterman( also a project, I get it!!) gets to run with the twos as we build towards the future because the future isn't now for the 2017 Bills

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Not smart. Not motivated. Not accurate. Thats why.

no no no he was hated on because they could have worked with him like the are still doing with the starter. But Y does not even come close to Jones upside. Now, the starter did not impressed either with all the hype they are giving him.

Not smart. Not motivated. Not accurate. Thats why.

no no Cardale was hated on.

The problem with Cardale Jones as a QB is that he cannot throw accurately. One would think that that would be enough for everyone to understand that he has zero future.

he does have one because it is his second year. They are QB in the league that are a lot worse that still have a job so don't​ say that. Look at Alex Smith...

There's a reason I call him TJ Yikes.

" let's see what he can do." You say..... and then you see him.

I also have no idea what Jones could do and feel he probably doesn't do much when all is said and done. BUT, he COULD turn into something. Yikes is who he is. Like TT he has had enough chances and wishing and hoping he improves is silly.

I hope Peterman( also a project, I get it!!) gets to run with the twos as we build towards the future because the future isn't now for the 2017 Bills

TT and Yates are nothing alike. One is a starter that is 15-14 and has scored 47 TDs vs. 14 turnovers. One is a 3rd string QB that has been bad whenever he's been on the field. Peterman has a chance to be the long-term #2 IMO. If TT doesn't make it to 2018 though it will be a 1st round pick under center. They aren't going to punt on a loaded QB draft, with multiple 1sts, to hand the keys to a 5th rounder going into year 2. It is Tyrod or a 2018 first next year.

Except for the accuracy I'm not sure where you are getting that from?

Its what ive read and heard and no Im not going to go back and conduct 48 hours of verifiable research to prove my point. I have better things to do. Feel free to find the articles that say the opposite. Think youll be taking a pretty long look.

no no Cardale was hated on.

he does have one because it is his second year. They are QB in the league that are a lot worse that still have a job so don't​ say that. Look at Alex Smith...

Which QBs went from entirely inaccurate to accurate after reaching the NFL?

Next you'll tell me that EJ has a possible future, too.

Yates is a career 58% passer. In his last 2 starts in 2015, he completed 49% of his passes.

You're comparing Jones to a player who can't be an NFL starter. Whooppeee.

no no no he was hated on because they could have worked with him like the are still doing with the starter. But Y does not even come close to Jones upside. Now, the starter did not impressed either with all the hype they are giving him.

There is no upside if hes not a worker and doesnt understand the offense. This is a guy who lost his starting job in college. Dont think thats because hes a Tom Brady clone.