Watkins is hurt

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggesting someone shouldn't make a post if/when Sammy Watkins comes up limping on his multiple-time surgically repaired foot is silly. The health and stability of his foot may literally be the number one most important thing that comes out of training camp and preseason this year. This sort of post is, IMO, a million times better and more informative than the thousand "Tyrod sucks" and "The Patriots/Belichick are too good" threads that I typically see.

OP may be douchey or whatever, but the initial post was 100% in bounds.

Also, huge lol at comparing Sammy Watkins to Julio Jones. Sure, both guys saw their teams give up a ton to draft them, and sure they both have had a janky foot. But Julio may be the best receiver in NFL history, and we declined Sammy's 5th year option. End of story.

The drafting decision might be questioned but there is no questioning the talent talent at all....when healthy the guy is uncoverable.

fair enough... :)

When healthy..............that's exactly my point, bro.

Who in the current regime should I direct my angry letters to?

The OP...........he's feisty today.

Can't blame OP when a WR like Sammy comes up limping to start a thread. Although not a fan of his sensitivity level to criticism.

But 8 pages over a tweaked ankle? He's back to practicing and all is well. Drama over. Think we can shut this thread down now.

did you bother reading anything other than the thread's title?

"Watkins is hurt" is all i needed to read.

Cliff Notes by Sweats

"This Dickens classic is about a municipality experiencing the best of times." - Tale of Two Cities

"A seafaring man with no time for text messages says 'call me'" - Moby Dick

To be fair the title should have been changed a while ago.

Someone has to fill the hole left by Pat Moran.

Mods, please change the title to "Watkins is hurt - UPDATE: deceased".

When healthy..............that's exactly my point, bro.

The OP...........he's feisty today.

The point being that he has not been healthy however this past year is the first real year that time has been missed.....they guy played pretty well with fractured ribs in year 1.

Everyone knows this is an important year for him.

Suggesting someone shouldn't make a post if/when Sammy Watkins comes up limping on his multiple-time surgically repaired foot is silly. The health and stability of his foot may literally be the number one most important thing that comes out of training camp and preseason this year. This sort of post is, IMO, a million times better and more informative than the thousand "Tyrod sucks" and "The Patriots/Belichick are too good" threads that I typically see.

OP may be douchey or whatever, but the initial post was 100% in bounds.

Also, huge lol at comparing Sammy Watkins to Julio Jones. Sure, both guys saw their teams give up a ton to draft them, and sure they both have had a janky foot. But Julio may be the best receiver in NFL history, and we declined Sammy's 5th year option. End of story.

Except it wasnt his surgically repaired foot?

another great post, i knew this thread would be full of them

Player gets hurt and Bills fan takes it as a personal affront. Only way to teach that player a lesson is cut him so he can be a free agent, especially if he's an elite talent. Brilliant.

So many things wrong here.

1. So we shouldn't try to make projections? Just wait until a players obvious place in history smacks us in the face?

2. Julio Jones was nowhere near the best receiver in NFL history after only three years in the league.

3. Sammy actually produced at a higher rate in each players second year. Yes Julio produced at higher rates in years 1 and 3. But with all the other similarities to their careers and I'd say these players are quite similar through three years. And Sammy having one year of better production helps.

4. Matt Ryan and falcons passing attack is way better for a receiver compared to EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton/Tyrod Taylor and the ground and pound rushing attack of the Buffalo Bills.

you spelled your'e wrong again John.

Your is possessive , as in mine and yours.

Your'e has the meaning, You are.

sending another note to The Mods.

I think they have me on ignore though...

so wait. what happened to Tyrod?

I typically read and don't post, but since you seem to like to correct people's grammar while using incorrect grammar yourself, I figured I should bring it to light. 'Your' and 'Your'e' are both incorrect usage. At least 'Your' is applicable in other uses, unlike 'Your'e'. You were in such a hurry to correct a poster's grammar to feel better about yourself, you must have been so distracted that you missed that 'You're' is what you were looking to use. Edited by chollenback

I typically read and don't post, but since you seem to like to correct people's grammar while using incorrect grammar yourself, I figured I should bring it to light. 'Your' and 'Your'e' are both incorrect usage. At least 'Your' is applicable in other uses, unlike 'Your'e'. You were in such a hurry to correct a poster's grammar to feel better about yourself, you must have been so distracted that you missed that 'You're' is what you were looking to use.

You don't know 3rd yet

Relax, he's just having some fun with a fellow long-time poster who knows as much