Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to Leslie Frazier's presser and also some comments from Sal C. it seems hes quite a ways away from being healthy. I dont think the team thinks hes going to be ready to help them this yr., from the sounds of it.

Then the ? becomes how does this staff view his skill set moving forward. If hes an odd fit perhaps they'd consider moving him for a 4th or 5th round pick to a LB needy team, but cutting him and getting nothing in return makes no sense.

For the record, I hope the Bills (last regime and new regime) would stop trading up in round 2 and paying through the nose to do so. The past 2 drafts we've parted with two 4th round picks & two 5th round picks to move up slightly for Ragland and Dawkins.

For the record, I hope the Bills (last regime and new regime) would stop trading up in round 2 and paying through the nose to do so. The past 2 drafts we've parted with two 4th round picks & two 5th round picks to move up slightly for Ragland and Dawkins.

It is actually two 4ths, two 5ths and a 3rd to trade up for Ragland, Jones and Dawkins.

I think as for Ragland... let's stay a little calm. It is very early in camp. At the moment they seem to like the leadership Preston is giving them at that spot and he has played well in a 4-3 before (though he was mainly the Will rather than the Mike). If by the time of the 1st pre-season game Reggie is still running exclusively with the 2s then I think we start to come to the conclusion that he is likely seen as a backup at this stage in the scheme. The interesting battle seems to be at the Will where a few people have rotated through based on Astro's reports. It feels like Lorax is the Sam, Preston is currently solidified as the Mike and the Will is where the competition exists between Humber, Hodges and the two rooks. My expectation was that Preston would end up as the Will and Reggie the Mike but maybe that is not the case.

Edited by GunnerBill

I don't think that Ragland gets cut. He was highly thought of as a prospect, on a cheap deal, and still recovering. A trade isn't out of the question but I think that they'd buy this year to evaluate.

With that being said, I never agreed with the people that had huge expectations for him. Ragland was overrated coming out. His build and skill set is a difficult fit in today's NFL. He's not a 3-down LB IMO. Ragland has a chance to contribute in short yardage and early downs. My hope was that he would be a solid starter and maybe he still can be. He was never going to be Keuchley as some here predicted.

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

No, doubt it.

• Ragland made the stop of the session, picking up the RB and laying him down. He grows palpably every day in his new role.
from Astro 4th practice </p>

And I read somewhere that last year Ragland had the best two weeks of camp that the guy had ever seen. He's not doing bad when he is on the field by all accounts I've read. Can we at least wait until after a couple of preseason games before we hand out pink slips? He's a 2nd year guy who had a knee injury last year and with our LB situation I think it's safe to say he'll still be here in September.

No team -even one with a brand new staff- kicks the previous years' #2 pick to the curb. Especially so for a player who missed his entire rookie season to injury.

This stated, the late round Rooks appear hell-bent on making this team.

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

Fvck no. Idiotic post.