Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire premise of cutting Ragland is crazy talk IMO. The guy is just coming off an ACL tear and still getting acclimated to playing MLB in a 4-3 defense. Pump the brakes!

I think there is 0% chance he gets cut and maybe 2% of him getting traded. They have to try to get something out of the investment, even if it seems like the chances are roughly equal to hitting Powerball.

People who buy Powerball tickets almost always end up throwing them out, but they always look at them first. That is what Ragland is like. You've got to look at the ticket to make sure it isn't a winner, even though the odds are super low.

If he can get up to speed(so to speak) I still think he's a top 3 lb on our roster. McD has said the best 3 will play. Although we haven't seen it thus far in camp, I look for him to make a push at MLB. With Brown at Will and Zo at Sam in base packages at least....So NO, I can't see him being cut

I don't believe this FO is that foolish if they are going to get rid of him they will trade him like they did Jones to get something in return !!

There is a team out there that had him high on their board that would give at least a 3rd round pick for him i would think ...

If he can get up to speed(so to speak) I still think he's a top 3 lb on our roster. McD has said the best 3 will play. Although we haven't seen it thus far in camp, I look for him to make a push at MLB. With Brown at Will and Zo at Sam in base packages at least....So NO, I can't see him being cut

The Bills seem to really like Humber at WLB. I believe Brown begins the season as the starter at MLB and Ragland could see increased snaps as the season progresses.

A second round pick rarely is cut before year two and would only be if he is a complete bust. No matter if he is a good fit or not, he is a tremendous talent and works hard. At the very least he would bring something in trade value. Yeah the regime that drafted him is gone but even so, it is still very rare to get rid of a high 2nd round pick so soon especially since he is still recovering from surgery.

I think there is 0% chance he gets cut and maybe 2% of him getting traded. They have to try to get something out of the investment, even if it seems like the chances are roughly equal to hitting Powerball.

People who buy Powerball tickets almost always end up throwing them out, but they always look at them first. That is what Ragland is like. You've got to look at the ticket to make sure it isn't a winner, even though the odds are super low.

Wow. Raglands chances of succeeding is 1 in 14 million.

He has the lowest chance of succeeding than any player in the history of the NFL by a gargantuan margin.

A second round pick rarely is cut before year two and would only be if he is a complete bust. No matter if he is a good fit or not, he is a tremendous talent and works hard. At the very least he would bring something in trade value. Yeah the regime that drafted him is gone but even so, it is still very rare to get rid of a high 2nd round pick so soon especially since he is still recovering from surgery.

He is talented but for Alabama and Rex only. His trade value in the NFL is nil unless you have a time machine and trade him to the '73 Steelers. He seems like a great kid and he DESERVES a chance, but he is a throwback by his own admission and will probably be even slower than before with the knee thing.

Wow. Raglands chances of succeeding is 1 in 14 million.

He has the lowest chance of succeeding than any player in the history of the NFL by a gargantuan margin.

It's an explanation using common everyday items that everyone understands. Maybe I should have said it is like betting on a 99-1 shot at a horse race or betting on the #37 seed to win Wimbledon, but Powerball made more sense.

It's an explanation using common everyday items that everyone understands. Maybe I should have said it is like betting on a 99-1 shot at a horse race or betting on the #37 seed to win Wimbledon, but Powerball made more sense.

Extreme exaggerations don't make sense in every situation.

It would make a little more sense if it was something like Dez Lewis taken over the #1 WR spot from Sammy Watkins.

I think with the ACL tear that he is now officially Brandon Spikes.

ACL Tears are really no more serious than a sprained ankle with how good they have become at reconstructing them. Players come back perfectly fine 99% of the time.

Edited by matter2003

No. Getting rid of him in any way now will cost money against both the 2017 and 2018 cap. Silly.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/reggie-ragland-18990/

The cap implications of a trade are pretty minimal - a total of an extra $500k cap hit over 2017 & 2018 if he was traded this season. That's small enough that it wouldn't prevent the team from trading him if they didn't think he was a fit here. That said, I doubt it happens.

The Bills seem to really like Humber at WLB. I believe Brown begins the season as the starter at MLB and Ragland could see increased snaps as the season progresses.

Yeah, i can see that. The whole thing depends on how fast Rags gets his legs back and is able to fly around on that knee with comfort in his own ability IMO. But your point is very plausible

Ragland's chances of being anything more than a situational LB are about the same as Whaley getting another GM job.

From reading the reports it sounds like McD is going with whoever fits the position and not who was drafted highest. That's a plus. That's a good sign for guys like Humber and Groy who may take a starting job away from someone.