Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read this thread. Is it as stupid as the thread title implies?

Completely

I will weigh in with an articulate response when I get the time. It may be a few hours.

What specifics would you like?

I am a somewhat expert, though.

*****expert at what? Looking at your muscles in the mirror while at the gym?***_*_

I swiped him right??

I'm at the gym currently. It's difficult when I've dated a handful of these girls

No possible way Ragland is cut or traded . You would at least want to see a high round pick in real live NFL action before making any permanent decisions .

Devils advocate.

you could try to move him while his name is warm. Top Lb from Bama? That rep alone would afford some kind of return. They might want to move him before the league sees his limitations

The Bills seem to really like Humber at WLB. I believe Brown begins the season as the starter at MLB and Ragland could see increased snaps as the season progresses.

Brown is the middle backer. Did Humber see the field at all last year? he was ST but did he line up on d?

Devils advocate.

you could try to move him while his name is warm. Top Lb from Bama? That rep alone would afford some kind of return. They might want to move him before the league sees his limitations

Brown is the middle backer. Did Humber see the field at all last year? he was ST but did he line up on d?

He started the season finale

Devils advocate.

Humber did see defensive snaps last season and may have started one game IIRC.

Yes, 4 days into training camp is adequate time to evaluate whether or not we'll cut young players.

Especially the 2015 SEC defensive player of the year and first team all American. Maybe cut Sammy and Kyle too. Cut Kim Pegula and the midget trainer guy. Also our punter, lets just go for it on every 4th down.

not the midget trainer or the kid with the afro.... staples. they are wall bound

Devils advocate.

LOL nobody wanted him in the draft and he got a season ending knee injury in camp.We get for him what we got for Cardale. Best to let this just play out and have him rostered in case we have 3 or 4 injuries.

LOL nobody wanted him in the draft and he got a season ending knee injury in camp.We get for him what we got for Cardale. Best to let this just play out and have him rostered in case we have 3 or 4 injuries.

i just dont see the fit unless we are bringing back Brandon Spikes type play

i just dont see the fit unless we are bringing back Brandon Spikes type play

Day 4 of camp and there is already being more written about Ramon Humber than Ragland. That tells you what you need to know. I don't think we should blame the kid though. It is on Rex.

@WGR550

McDermott - we have a plan for every player. This is really Ragland's first year. He needs to get acclimated to the decade#Bills

Fixed for what he meant.

McD just said in this morning's presser when asked about Ragland...

"He brings a physical and emotional play that need on this football team. We're working to get him up to speed."

Its gonna be fun to watch as he gets his legs back under him😊

@JaySkurski

[bN] Blitz: What's going on with the competition at middle linebacker? Here is #Bills coach Sean McDermott's answer.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/01/sean-mcdermott-explains-bills-lb-reggie-ragland-yet-take-first-team-reps/

PITTSFORD -- The expected competition at middle linebacker for the Buffalo Bills has been one-sided thus far.

Through the first four practices of training camp, it's been all Preston Brown with the starters. That has meant second-year veteran Reggie Ragland, who missed all of his rookie year after suffering a torn ACL last summer, has lined up with the second-team defense.

Tuesday morning, coach Sean McDermott explained why.

"There's a plan for every player. Reggie's a ... second-year player coming off a knee injury," McDermott said. "Really, this is his first year, so acclimating him to practice tempo -- he missed most of the spring -- acclimating him to the system and putting him in position, like we try to do with all our players, to have success. Success early and success in the long term.