Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll love taken on a $2.5 million dead money cap hit instead of paying him $612,000 to keep him.

Well, factor in what our other roster options are. If what is his value vs a guy who fits (assuming he doesn't)

If the coaching staff clearly see he can't be a playmaker in our new scheme, he very well may be cut

It would be asinine to cut a player coming off a knee injury who's playing a new position in a 4-3 scheme. Not very likely to happen at all.

I doubt you couldn't get a late round pick for him from some team running a 3-4. That being said I think you could give him some time to feel his knee and trust his body coming off a major injury. He is a big slow but the major injury is an easy explanation.

See:

Sam, Mike

I mean... Sam did have an atrocious combine. 260 and 4.9 40? Only 17 reps on the bench for a guy who's supposed to be a workout warrior?

And he didn't have a position...

As for Ragland, there's a solid pedigree of players specifically linebackers from bama... so I'd think he's got some ability. Mosely, Hightower, Barron was a Safety, now foster and anderson.

Edited by dneveu

I mean... Sam did have an atrocious combine. 260 and 4.9 40? Only 17 reps on the bench for a guy who's supposed to be a workout warrior?

And he didn't have a position...

The dude said being SEC DPOY was proof that a player will be good in NFL. He at least implied it. It's not.

The dude said being SEC DPOY was proof that a player will be good in NFL. He at least implied it. It's not.

no it is not - college don't mean squat. Sam could play DE in college, he could not in the NFL. So they tried him at OLB, and he was probably terrible.

At least ragland doesn't have any physical limitations that prohibit him from being a player. He just has to show that he can play MLB in the NFL.