Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to reports he has yet to take a rep other than backup MLB. I suspect they would rather have a backup MLB that can play multiple positions like the others have been doing. Just like Cardale Jones, this kid has no ties to this regime and seems at least on paper to not fit the defense.

I never liked the pick, but was hoping he could push P. Brown out of a job. So far the best I can hope for now is P. Brown bounces back to 2015 form.

Thoughts?

Is this thread for real? There is literally no way this kid gets cut, regardless if you like him as a prospect or dont.

1. Its WAAAAAY to early to read into where people are taking snaps right now.

2. He was a highly touted LB coming out who is YET to take an NFL snap.

3. There is NO rush to start him. We already have a starting MLB who isn't terrible, so its NOT going to be just handed to what is essentially a rookie LB coming off a season ending serious injury before he goes out and plays.

4. Why is anyone even surprised he is taking snaps with the 2nd unit? Thats where he SHOULD be taking them until he can compete and win the job this preseason or sometime during the season.

5. Odds are, he will start the season on the 2nd unit given his lack of experience, he has no NFL playing experience and our MLB isn't is decent already with way more experience.

These kinds of threads just puzzle me. We are in July and now you think he might get cut because a kid who has never played a single snap in the NFL coming off a serious season ending injury isnt just given, without any proof he deserves it? Come on people, lets wait until the preseason and TC starts to play out before we start making these crack pot theories.

Ragland may or may not end up being a good player, but one thing is 100% for sure...they are not just going to cut the highly touted kid coming out of college last year before playing a single NFL snap. There is NO value in cutting him, he costs us nothing really.

Reggie struggling to master the 4-3 is a bad look.

Where did you hear that? As quoted by whom? Ive never heard that he is struggling to master anything. In fact, Frazier said he is a highly intellectual and instinctive player. I call BS on your fake assessment

LOL nobody wanted him in the draft and he got a season ending knee injury in camp.We get for him what we got for Cardale. Best to let this just play out and have him rostered in case we have 3 or 4 injuries.

LMAO, what a stupid statement.

There is a troll infestation at TSW. Worst thing you can do is feed them by acknowledging and responding to their posts.

TSW is a different place since the BBMB shut down. Not to condemn all BBMB posters, as there seem to be some really good ones, but the overall quality of Buffalo Bills discourse has taken a real nosedive. Let's just face it, and continue to enjoy the posters who we all enjoy reading.

Where did you hear that? As quoted by whom? Ive never heard that he is struggling to master anything. In fact, Frazier said he is a highly intellectual and instinctive player. I call BS on your fake assessment

McD's quote on the previous page talks about him needing to acclimate to the system.

McD's quote on the previous page talks about him needing to acclimate to the system.

I normally agree with you on several things, but come on man, you really twisted that statement out of context to read something he totally didnt say. Ragland has never played a down in the NFL, he is essentially rookie learning his second system in 2 years. That doesnt mean hes struggling with the 4-3...it means he needs time to learn the new system regardless of scheme. He also missed most the year up to this point as he wasnt cleared to begin practicing right away and his behind the other players as a result.

All McD said is the the kid needs time to learn their system, get his legs back under him and get up to speed. None of that says hes "struggling to master the 4-3".

Yes, acclimate. Not struggling to master. He's a smart cookie. The biggest challenge for him is his own confidence on his surgically repaired knee. He'll know the D.He'll succeed when given chances, and those chances will increase with the more confidence he gains.

The kid is a gamer. It will be fun watching him grow as a player, regardless the position he ultimately winds up starting/securing. I can't for the life of me figure out why some folks have already written him off when we have yet to see him play a game ....

Edited by BuffAlone

There is a troll infestation at TSW. Worst thing you can do is feed them by acknowledging and responding to their posts.

TSW is a different place since the BBMB shut down. Not to condemn all BBMB posters, as there seem to be some really good ones, but the overall quality of Buffalo Bills discourse has taken a real nosedive. Let's just face it, and continue to enjoy the posters who we all enjoy reading.

That pretty much says it... Only small argument from me would be that it was getting that way prior yo the BBMB shut down regardless. Either way it's probably unavoidable.

Yes, acclimate. Not struggling to master. He's a smart cookie. The biggest challenge for him is his own confidence on his surgically repaired knee. He'll know the D.He'll succeed when given chances, and those chances will increase with the more confidence he gains.

The kid is a gamer. It will be fun watching him grow as a player, regardless the position he ultimately winds up starting/securing. I can't for the life of me figure out why some folks have already written him off when we have yet to see him play a game ....

How hard is a simple 4-3 to get acclimated to?

It's like taking time to get acclimated to the rules.

Isn't Shaq going ham right now? Why isn't he needing time to acclimate?

Edited by jmc12290

How hard is a simple 4-3 to get acclimated to?

It's like taking time to get acclimated to the rules.

Isn't Shaq going ham right now? Why isn't he needing time to acclimate?

Maybe because he played in 10 games last year and has 2 good legs? Nobody said he cant master a "simple 4-3".He will have minimal at best chance of not mastering his defense. And when he does, and is comfortable on his knee, he will flat out ball!

Also, Shaq has played 4-3 and thrived. Reggie only a 3-4. Its been 5 days of practice. Gimme a break with this nonsense....

Edited by BuffAlone

When you listen to the HC......you can tell that the obvious plan is...they are going to bring him along slow because they believe they can due to Preston Brown's presense

Or if you are conversant in coach speak they realize he is a backup at best but do not want him discouraged. The last regime went around throwing players under the bus and that does not pay off. There is no reason to do it. McDermott is handling this right but actions are always more important than words and RR appears to be an afterthought from an action perspective. He is receiving more words than your average 3rd stringer because of where he was drafted and because of the way the misguided former HC talked about him. He is receiving an average amount of action for a young 3rd stringer.

So, you're saying you don't like the anti/pro-Tyrod arguments being brought up in every thread?

I think that the quality of the Buffalo Bills fan has deteriorated. We used to be a loyal, passionate and knowledgeable fan base. We don't know the game that well anymore. A large part is due to the local coverage or lack thereof. The loudest local voices don't really understand the game and aren't educating the masses. There are exceptions like Sal but in general the level of conversation is very low.

Add a generation of young fans that have seen nothing but losing to a bunch of 50 something insecure Buffalonians and that's what we have. Some people that have never seen the Bills good combined with a bunch of people that have never seen Buffalo be good. Everyone expects the worst and puts up their defense mechanisms to mask their insecurity.

When was the last player that ever left Buffalo that was going to be good on his next team? When was the last time a player came to Buffalo because that's where he wanted to be? Everyone that leaves wasn't that good to begin with and everyone that comes here only does it because they don't have other options. We hate everyone. I've never seen a fan base that liked their own guys less!! I'm not going to rant any further but it is sad to see this.

Or if you are conversant in coach speak they realize he is a backup at best but do not want him discouraged. The last regime went around throwing players under the bus and that does not pay off. There is no reason to do it. McDermott is handling this right but actions are always more important than words and RR appears to be an afterthought from an action perspective. He is receiving more words than your average 3rd stringer because of where he was drafted and because of the way the misguided former HC talked about him. He is receiving an average amount of action for a young 3rd stringer.

He's been running with the two's. Maybe you're not as conversant on coach speak as you think?