Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I IMPLIED NOTHING! Just stating a fact. Its you who are IMPLYING he is/will be no good

I don't think he will be good in the NFL in the absence of a time machine. Rex wanted him badly....Rex recently called him the best player on last year's team during camp....Rex's defense is now extinct. The "best player" in last year's camp now has a limited role on the 2nd string team. That is not a good sign.

I don't think he will be good in the NFL in the absence of a time machine. Rex wanted him badly....Rex recently called him the best player on last year's team during camp....Rex's defense is now extinct. The "best player" in last year's camp now has a limited role on the 2nd string team. That is not a good sign.

So football players all of a sudden become not football players due to Rex Ryan?

Oh come on man....:)

Try this line of thinking....

Reggie Ragland, the SEC DPOY in 2015 was on his way to good things under Ryan's 3-4 defense until he tore his acl. Despite the fact that he is still rehabbing, and learning his second play book in as many years, in a defense he has never played before, he has moved up from third team reps to second team reps in 5 short days of camp. 5 SHORT DAYS! Alot has been discussed of his possible short comings(speed, instincts,liabilities in coverage, ability to be a 3 down lb'er) which may or may NOT come to fruition. However, there is no denying his production in college. Will it translate well in the NFL? We will find out. One thing is certain, he has moved up the pecking order, and there is still time to "master" his new role as the preseason unfolds. McD has said publicly that he brings a physical and emotional presence that we "need" on this team. I wouldn't write him off just yet based on some kind of personal dislike or vendetta.

There! Try that buddy.you'll feel better...promise👍

This place is so different compared to 10 years ago. Just seemed like the wall was a little more accepting then. OP just discussed an unrealistic camp cut. They happen. It doesn't make much sense but I did find the post interesting from the standpoint that we all know they happen and when they do it would seem Reggie has the profile in which you tend to see it happen. Not drafted by current coach, no NFL history, not drafted for this system, and coming off injury. What if he has an atrocious preseason and somebody else excels? Again unlikely, but I didn't think the OP should get toasted. I could see this scenario being more likely next season if he doesn't fit in this year, but the point of the OP was in making a unlikely prediction. Good post.

So football players all of a sudden become not football players due to Rex Ryan?

Oh come on man....:)

Dude you blasted me all last off season for pointing out that Rex sucked. Then you watched another year of him sucking.

Ragland was hand picked by Rex to fit a formerly antiquated, now extinct defense that does not fit today's NFL.

Can miracles happen? Sure. Do I hope one happens for Ragland? Yes. But I don't expect it.

This place is so different compared to 10 years ago. Just seemed like the wall was a little more accepting then. OP just discussed an unrealistic camp cut. They happen. It doesn't make much sense but I did find the post interesting from the standpoint that we all know they happen and when they do it would seem Reggie has the profile in which you tend to see it happen. Not drafted by current coach, no NFL history, not drafted for this system, and coming off injury. What if he has an atrocious preseason and somebody else excels? Again unlikely, but I didn't think the OP should get toasted. I could see this scenario being more likely next season if he doesn't fit in this year, but the point of the OP was in making a unlikely prediction. Good post.

Thanx for the support

Hope I can edit this thread after the third preseason game to Ragland being named a surprise starter. Enjoy the season!!!

Thanx for the support

Hope I can edit this thread after the third preseason game to Ragland being named a surprise starter. Enjoy the season!!!

I wouldn't be surprised. By reading into his reps, he's not there Yet. But I think he's got more talent than the field and should find a starting role by the early stages of the season. At least, I hope so!

Ragland now losing second unit MLB reps to Hodges.

His playing time Thursday will be interesting to see.

I wonder if they try to put him on short term IR to give the knee more time.

There is no more "short term IR". Tames can bring back two IR players w/o any special designation.

That isnt gonna happen. No reason to cut him this year

Yeah - we have no cap room need. And o-linemen get banged up all the time.

There is no more "short term IR". Tames can bring back two IR players w/o any special designation.

Is he even injured?

I wouldn't be surprised. By reading into his reps, he's not there Yet. But I think he's got more talent than the field and should find a starting role by the early stages of the season. At least, I hope so!

I hope he's on the active 45. Looks like they're preparing hodges in case he isn't.