The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sacks were attempted passes, methinks, from a sack rate perspective. If he weren't sacked they'd have been passes anyway. IDK I looked it up on pro football reference.

OK. Well, it's just pretty bad let's say, given the attempts and yards/game passing.

Tyrod = 19-0 baby

That is all that matters. If the Bills become winners, nothing else matters.

Fans will have no reason to dissect him.

dis·sect
dəˈsekt,dīˈsekt/
verb
    • analyze (something) in minute detail.
      synonyms: analyze, examine, study, scrutinize, pore over, investigate, go over with a fine-tooth comb

That is all that matters. If the Bills become winners, nothing else matters.

Fans will have no reason to dissect him.

dis·sect
dəˈsekt,dīˈsekt/
verb
    • analyze (something) in minute detail.
      synonyms: analyze, examine, study, scrutinize, pore over, investigate, go over with a fine-tooth comb

If he continues to regress, we can go with this definition:

verb

verb: dissect; 3rd person present: dissects; past tense: dissected; past participle: dissected; gerund or present participle: dissecting

1. methodically cut up (a body, part, or plant) in order to study its internal parts.
    synonyms: anatomize, cut up/open, dismember;
    vivisect
    "the body was dissected"

Defense was 16th in the league in points against.

As far a points go, that is dead nuts average.

LeVeon Bell and Jay Ajayi would disagree. I see 6 one-score games. Flip 3 and don't tank the Jets finale and you are 11-5. You say average D. I say D that folded in clutch situations.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Can we please just call Tyrod what he is and move on?

Tyrod is an above-average "bridge" QB (based upon his overall skill set) and we're waiting for one of two things to happen:

1 -- he suddenly breaks out and becomes a top 10 NFL QB warranting a contract extension

2 -- the Bills find their franchise QB in the draft or free agency

The Tyrod we've seen so far isn't terrible and isn't great. If he shows "natural" improvement there's certainly the chance he could lead the Bills to the playoffs.

If you're calling Tyrod garbage as a QB you're an idiot. A team could do far worse than to rely on Tyrod for a season or two. Any Bills fan over the past 17 years should know that.

LeVeon Bell and Jay Ajayi would disagree. I see 6 one-score games. Flip 3 and don't tank the Jets finale and you are 11-5. You say average D. I say D that folded in clutch situations.

Kinda like the QB, they both stunk.

Defense was 16th against in points is misleading, I tend to agree but equally misleading was the offense points for ranking, what 10th or 7th or whatever crazy formula the knowitalls come up with around here.

No matter how much anybody tries to fluff the stats the defense wasn't good enough and the QB wasn't good enough either. Need to be better.

Who?

Matt Miller, Josh Norris, Greg Gabriel were three that stuck out to me but there was a small yet definitive group of respected draft analysts (not the big network faces Mayock, Kiper and McShay etc.... but then they all loved Goff and Wentz) who kept saying there was talent in this class and teams liked then more than the talking heads. That was proven on draft night. I believe the 2017 class will be better than the 2016 class.... it didn't have any slam dunks but it had some good players at the QB position who will prove it on the field.

This is the key to our season. We HAVE to win the close of business best we have a chance to win late. We need to win 1/2 of those.

Even with a better D (hoping) we'll still need to win games like this to make playoffs.

The constant in the drought has been losing a lot of close games.

We were 4th from the bottom in sacks allowed. SF, CLE, and LAR all allowed more sacks, they just had more QBs.

15th in yardage surrendered from those sacks.

Even more to the point - on all called passing plays where Tyrod was under pressure, sacks scrambles and passes all included, the Bills offense had the 2nd highest DVOA in the league. Only the Packers had a higher DVOA when Rodgers was under pressure. The whole sack thing is way overblown. Even accounting for the sacks Tyrod does far better in under pressure situations than any quarterback in the league who isn't named Aaron Rodgers.

Defense was 16th in the league in points against.

As far a points go, that is dead nuts average.

I know it's not fair to take away games, but without that Patriots shut out the Bills points against ranking falls pretty sharply (more toward the bottom of the rankings IIRC). Again, I know it's not really fair to take a game off the schedule, but that one game really does skew the average quite a lot. It kind of gives the impression that the Bills defense was better than they actually were at preventing points.

They had their stretches of good play though (and their stretches of terrible play). But as others have said they seemed to fold when the team really needed them.

I know it's not fair to take away games, but without that Patriots shut out the Bills points against ranking falls pretty sharply (more toward the bottom of the rankings IIRC). Again, I know it's not really fair to take a game off the schedule, but that one game really does skew the average quite a lot. It kind of gives the impression that the Bills defense was better than they actually were at preventing points.

They had their stretches of good play though (and their stretches of terrible play). But as others have said they seemed to fold when the team really needed them.

The same could be said about the QB and the Seattle or Miami game.

Can we please just call Tyrod what he is and move on?

Tyrod is an above-average "bridge" QB (based upon his overall skill set) and we're waiting for one of two things to happen:

1 -- he suddenly breaks out and becomes a top 10 NFL QB warranting a contract extension

2 -- the Bills find their franchise QB in the draft or free agency

The Tyrod we've seen so far isn't terrible and isn't great. If he shows "natural" improvement there's certainly the chance he could lead the Bills to the playoffs.

If you're calling Tyrod garbage as a QB you're an idiot. A team could do far worse than to rely on Tyrod for a season or two. Any Bills fan over the past 17 years should know that.

If it were only that simple.