Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

I don't know about that; he actually will be surrounded by a TON of talent in Jacksonville. The front-4 is quite nasty with Calais Campbell joining Malik Jackson, Ngakoue, and Dante Fowler. They have Telvin Smith and Myles Jack at LB. Their secondary features Jalen Ramsey alongside former pro bowler Tayshaun Gipson and FA acquisition Barry Church.

I thought you wrote that response at first glance I was about to flip over my keyboard. Jacksonville is stacked, anyone that loves FF should snag that defense.

I made the comment about it being "lazy" because anyone can see that he has a limited amount of starts. If you have watched him play in a handful of those games I'd like to know where we differ on him. It's hard to say his "compete level" is so much different than a guy like Gilmore because let's face it they all compete their asses of most the times. These GMs get paid the big bucks they need to do more than say Gilmore has had more games played and is a proven NFL starter. Bouye is a UDFA turned stud who would have been a perfect with Butler and ultimately his replacement. It's a mistake by BB we can revisit it.

So I will be the lazy one, Bouye has "IT" whatever it is. He is a guy that you can win with and not in spite of. Sorry if the lazy comment was abrasive in the previous post.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His friends and family will be able to watch him play on TV now because the Pats get national coverage and the Bills don't. How is saying that dissing the Bills? He is just stating a fact. Sounds more like a Bills fan inferiority complex kicking in to me.

Other than that I hope the non-tackling, small shouldered cornerback does well.

His friends and family will be able to watch him play on TV now because the Pats get national coverage and the Bills don't. How is saying that dissing the Bills? He is just stating a fact. Sounds more like a Bills fan inferiority complex kicking in to me.

Other than that I hope the non-tackling, small shouldered cornerback does well.

Could also say it's not a inferiority complex, that we are just inferior.

TBN got involved. I hate agreeing with them. Jonah knows how to get himself exposure, I doubt he stays local for long.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/19/jonah-javads-hot-gilmore-take-reaction/

But they do the same whining "over-sensitive" crap in the article itself:

Javad and Filipowski were just having fun by appealing to sensitive Bills fans who over-react to every perceived slight.

Laugh if you will. But I imagine many people nationally are laughing at Buffalo fans for being so sensitive.

"How dare Bills fans overreact at perceived slights. Surely every other fan in the country is laughing at us."

That was the fastest I've ever seen an article defeat its own point.

He's a hobbit. And that writer is dead on. He's been there since I was a kid. He's very good.

Bills fans are easy to piss off. I'm an outsider and I know how to push buttons with the natives. In a world where retweets and clicks matter (I know, I've done the blogging thing), Jonah knows how to do that on a larger platform. I know a couple of others that also like to partake in riling up the quick-to-anger brigade in the Mafia. Good on them.

Buffalo against the world is a fight that Buffalo wants and the world couldn't give a **** about. It's cute.

Pretty much.

Nobody gives a **** about Buffalo outside of people that live there or have lived there.(or root for the Sabres/Bills but haven't lived there)

Accept it and say !@#$ it.

I've never set foot in the US, let alone Buffalo and there's some slander that I won't let slide. When Donte Whitner leaves and immediately (and continually) talks **** about the fanbase, the city and the team, that guy can !@#$ himself with a red hot poker.

Stephon dealt with a lot of abuse from Bills fans, as did his wife, and they've not taken any big swings at anyone on the way out. As far as I'm concerned, he's classier than many of those that now consider him the enemy because of a sport.

Pretty much.

Nobody gives a **** about Buffalo outside of people that live there or have lived there.(or root for the Sabres/Bills but haven't lived there)

Accept it and say !@#$ it.

This is true.... but relevancy would come in each sport if the corresponding teams were relevant. If the Bills were good, maybe on the level of KC, Baltimore, Denver, etc.... a perennial playoff contender who stands a chance of beating NE more frequently than the olympics happen.... then maybe people can call to arms and fan the flames. What is going to happen now is Gilmore is going to be/look very good, New England is going to kick the Bills' teeth in this year, and probably go on to at least the AFC Championship Game.

Bills fans getting bent out of shape because a player says New England is on National TV more... is kind of pathetic and embarrassing. It is small time. If I saw the quote in a vacuum, I wouldnt have thought twice about it.

Edited by May Day 10

yes he is. Hogan , Gilly and Gilmore got called up to the big leagues from the farm team AND got paid. doesnt get much better than that. winning cures everything....

go win some games, have a star QB and you'll get the TV coverage, well, not really because the franchise isn't really marketable... well.... at least start winning games and making the playoffs, that's a start.

Eh, I think a lot of it comes down to winning. From what I remember, the Bills were a pretty marketable team back in the glory years of the '90's. They were actually one of those trendy teams that gathered bandwagon fans. You'd see people wearing Bills gear all around the country, and even the world. They'd have bills apparel in Hollywood movies and you'd even see celebrities wearing Bills gear.

It would probably take an amazing run of winning/championship(s) to get anywhere near the marketability level of the top teams, especially after 17yrs of total irrelevance. But like you said, start winning games and get a star QB and we will get more TV coverage for sure.

Eh, I think a lot of it comes down to winning. From what I remember, the Bills were a pretty marketable team back in the glory years of the '90's. They were actually one of those trendy teams that gathered bandwagon fans. You'd see people wearing Bills gear all around the country, and even the world. They'd have bills apparel in Hollywood movies and you'd even see celebrities wearing Bills gear.

It would probably take an amazing run of winning/championship(s) to get anywhere near the marketability level of the top teams, especially after 17yrs of total irrelevance. But like you said, start winning games and get a star QB and we will get more TV coverage for sure.

The gear they were wearing around the world were Bills Super Bowl Champions shirts and hats.

difference is in New England he knows he doesnt have to do everything himself because he actually has competent safeties over the top....huge difference knowing McCourty is back there patrolling.

funny, the same things were said about Revis coming to NE....he's washed up, he's slow, he isnt good anymore, he's not the old Revis...then poof, like "magic", put him in a good situation and he's vintage Revis

As Bills fans, Gilmore has been one of the most heavily debated player since he got here. And the subject matter has always been "Is he elite?".. When we have an elite player, these debates don't happen , because that players film speaks for itself.

Sammy,Dareus,McCoy for example will get debated about but it's "Can Sammy stay healthy?" He's consistently a stud when healthy.

"Can Dareus stay out of trouble?" He's clearly dominant when on the field.

"Is Shady past his prime?" He's clearly an elite RB..

So why is it year after year so many Bills fans have questioned whether Gilmore is an elite CB? Because he's not one!

He shows flashes, but has been consistently inconsistent.

Also, He avoids tackling at all costs and is the opposite of a leader... He got outplayed by a rookie 2 years ago and last year he was extremely inconsistent.

I'm personally not offended at all by this tweet. But comparing him to Revis? Ppl calling him a top 15 cb? I just don't see it at all..I'm thrilled we didn't pay him. Hyde/White> Gilmore.. That extra TV time will only bring the debates we've been having to a national audience.. He's an above average CB, nothing special about him.

Edited by JerseyBills

difference is in New England he knows he doesnt have to do everything himself because he actually has competent safeties over the top....huge difference knowing McCourty is back there patrolling.

funny, the same things were said about Revis coming to NE....he's washed up, he's slow, he isnt good anymore, he's not the old Revis...then poof, like "magic", put him in a good situation and he's vintage Revis

SG is and never will be half the player Revis was or is now. While the S situation in BUF was questionable , SG didn't have to do " everything" hims of. That's excuse making and ridiculous. The Bills played mostly man coverage. SG had one man to cover. The only difference in NE is they have a quarterback capable of winning any game and top quality defensive coaching. The player he was in BUF is exactly the player he is. He'll be along for the ride in NE. Good , but not great. Not a Revis type difference maker.

As Bills fans, Gilmore has been one of the most heavily debated player since he got here. And the subject matter has always been "Is he elite?".. When we have an elite player, these debates don't happen , because that players film speaks for itself.

Sammy,Dareus,McCoy for example will get debated about but it's "Can Sammy stay healthy?" He's consistently a stud when healthy.

"Can Dareus stay out of trouble?" He's clearly dominant when on the field.

"Is Shady past his prime?" He's clearly an elite RB..

So why is it year after year so many Bills fans have questioned whether Gilmore is an elite CB? Because he's not one!

He shows flashes, but has been consistently inconsistent.

Also, He avoids tackling at all costs and is the opposite of a leader... He got outplayed by a rookie 2 years ago and last year he was extremely inconsistent.

I'm personally not offended at all by this tweet. But comparing him to Revis? Ppl calling him a top 15 cb? I just don't see it at all..I'm thrilled we didn't pay him. Hyde/White> Gilmore.. That extra TV time will only bring the debates we've been having to a national audience.. He's an above average CB, nothing special about him.

because you need to see elite players to know what 1 looks like...they dont exist in Buffalo

I don't know why anyone would really even care what the guy thinks...........he's not that good, he can't run a route to save his life and gets torched constantly.

He's a douche-nozzle, with limited skills.

Sad thing is he may very well end up with a SB ring.

Even sadder thing is some Bills "fans" on this board will be rooting for him to get one.

I don't even see how it is much of a shot at buffalo, it doesn't even mention buffalo, but like usual bills fans take it personally. It was an innocent tweet about being excited to play more prime time games this year, that's all.

Yes it was a shot at "his people" who are too cheap for DirectTV and not think it is worth it to find a Bills bar to watch HIM play. Some people. Fit in with some fans.

Lol I know. So get the pitchforks ready to run another talented player out of town!

If you cannot perform because you cannot stay healthy in NFL there is no magic blue pill.

I don't get why people get upset over stuff like this. He moved from literally the most insignificant team in the NFL to the one that is held in the highest regard. It sucks that Buffalo is but a blip in the NFL but it's true.

Change alias to BostonBaumer and we will be more significant.

He seems a simple man. if you have listened to him speak you might think the same. i expect he means no harm.

i look forward to watching a couple patriots games early on, just to see how he does, same with TD Mike.

Don't hate on anyone. But i really never got on board with Stephon when he was drafted. The Man can play football though.

Go Ronald Darby !!