Watkins wants to get paid more

I'm not criticizing your thread. Everyone wants to be paid more. Everyone is pretty sure they deserve it too.

Oh no, I thought you were correctly pointing out the obvious. Who doesn't want More??? :)

There's a lot to discuss beyond that. Worthy topic, in my mind.

That sounds about right. I watch a lot of basketball and there are nights that are painful to watch.

That's why I prefer college hoops. Well, that and my team wins more often than not, and as a Bills fan I need that.... :(

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save hockey, most other sports don't sacrafice their body the way football players do.

I also think all athletes in all sports are paid way way way too much as it is.

I to think much of the money should goto the players and coaches. Nobody pays to watch the owner sit in the box.

If you are truly upset with amount of money athletes get paid then you must stop buying tickets and merchandise. As long as the money is flowing then the players deserve there share.

I'm not criticizing your thread. Everyone wants to be paid more. Everyone is pretty sure they deserve it too.

I want to get paid more as we all do. I agree with that. However, I wouldn't get on Twitter or Facebook to compare my pay with another employer. I don't think my employer would be very pleased.

Lets start a thread naming people who do not wish to be paid more.

Im not digging through 23 pages, but can I assume most fans misinterpreted Sammy's tweet and took it as an opportunity to bash the guy for being selfish, when in reality, it was about the NFL as a business and comparing the profit sharing in the NBA's CBA?

I want to get paid more as we all do. I agree with that. However, I wouldn't get on Twitter or Facebook to compare my pay with another employer. I don't think my employer would be very pleased.

Because your employer is trying to rob you.

This notion that salaries should be kept secret is the greatest trick employers have pulled on employees.

If Sammy was a Canadian, would he NEVER get hurt or miss a game due to injury?

If Sammy was a Canadian, he'd be a hockey player.

But only if his curling career didn't pan out.

This thread was so predictable.

"Be happy with your money, you play a sport for a living!" Keep your hands out of another man's pockets and stop crying about a 24 year old's tweets.

In the big picture, athletes are overpaid. But in terms of the money they generate, NFL players are definitely unpaid. If they were smart, they would strike. They should get every cent they can get.

It sucks that we all weren't better athletes to go pro and most of us are replaceable at our jobs. But those are the breaks. Don't player hate, congratulate.

"Be happy with your money, you play a sport for a living!" Keep your hands out of another man's pockets and stop crying about a 24 year old's tweets.

In the big picture, athletes are overpaid. But in terms of the money they generate, NFL players are definitely unpaid. If they were smart, they would strike. They should get every cent they can get.

It sucks that we all weren't better athletes to go pro and most of us are replaceable at our jobs. But those are the breaks. Don't player hate, congratulate.

I agree with this.

I think their union sucks and the owners know it/take advantage of it.

But taking it to twitter is asinine and immature. Par for Sam's course, unfortunately.

I agree with this.

But taking it to twitter is asinine and immature. Par for Sam's course, unfortunately.

It's neither of those. Social Media is how people communicate ideas on a wider scale these days. Come on gramps!

I agree with this.

I don't disagree. But I would argue that grown men following a 24 year old on twitter and getting angry about it is just as immature.

It's neither of those. Social Media is how people communicate ideas on a wider scale these days. Come on gramps!

Social media is both the best and worst thing that has happened to the world. It gives a voice to people who shouldn't have a voice.

I don't disagree. But I would argue that grown men following a 24 year old on twitter and getting angry about it is just as immature.

I'm not sure if it's as much people getting angry with what he's saying.

I think it's more that many people think that if he just shut up and worked at being better/more durable, it would help the Bills more than him posting his thoughts with little command of his mother tongue.

I'm not sure if it's as much people getting angry with what he's saying.

I think it's more that many people think that if he just shut up and worked at being better/more durable, it would help the Bills more than him posting his thoughts with little command of his mother tongue.

He went back and forth with fans about it, it wasn't just one comment either. He is a dope. Check out JJ Watts twitter, he had a remark about the NBA contracts. See who seems like they are complaining and who is above it.

He went back and forth with fans about it, it wasn't just one comment either. He is a dope. Check out JJ Watts twitter, he had a remark about the NBA contracts. See who seems like they are complaining and who is above it.

JJ WattVerified account @JJWatt Jul 1

Basketball money is on another level right now. Fully guaranteed too 1f633.png1f633.png1f633.png Ain't mad at ya, get what you can get!

Social media is both the best and worst thing that has happened to the world. It gives a voice to people who shouldn't have a voice.

Exactly who should determine this?

ZAUZgGr.png

wow. just. wow.

i need to help you do this internet stuff, i got a lot to teach you, son.

Striking isn't the smartest thing to do. You never make up the monies lost.

to have him thinking he needs to get paid more than his ludacris sum he is making adn will continue to make it laughable.

the guy is in the top 1%.

futher a man motivated by money is not much of a man in my books and no one i'd want working for me.

yep

and doubly right because dumb watkins expressed his so dumb gugny expressed his, but gugny's the bad dude because he disagrees.

works both ways, copypaste

He's not even close to the top 1%

I think about 30 nfl players echoed the same feelings. Take a chill pill.

Hell even LBJ said they deserve more.

Edited by Elite Poster

But why is this idea that he is underpaid being communicated on a wide scale to people who make much less and are likely to be unsympathetic (as you see by this thread)? Let your agent and/or the players reps deal with the Owners. Millionaires complaining to the average joe about how they are underpaid is low class no matter how you look at it.

But why is this idea that he is underpaid being communicated on a wide scale to people who make much less and are likely to be unsympathetic (as you see by this thread)? Let your agent and/or the players reps deal with the Owners. Millionaires complaining to the average joe about how they are underpaid is low class no matter how you look at it.

Maybe it was Sammy's intent and maybe it wasn't but the conversation is far more powerful coming from him than his agent or Michael Ola.

Maybe it was Sammy's intent and maybe it wasn't but the conversation is far more powerful coming from him than his agent or Michael Ola.

It is more widely publicized, but I'm not sure it's more powerful or effective.

It certainly doesn't help his public image and I doubt that it has any impact on the NFL owners, who are likely to try and negotiate the best deal they can regardless of what Sammy Tweets.

Sammy's quote: "We gotta get paid more, I'm pretty sure the 2014 class will change the market" I don't believe he was talking to you or any average Joe. But go ahead and take it as some kind of insult or slight.

Sammy's quote: "We gotta get paid more, I'm pretty sure the 2014 class will change the market" I don't believe he was talking to you or any average Joe. But go ahead and take it as some kind of insult or slight.

He is tweeting it for all the public to see. Those are the "average joe's" I'm talking about. Who do you think reads his tweets? He knows his audience as well as you do.

If you think it's cool for him to announce to the public that he deserves more money then that's fine, but don't pretend that he's doing something else or that the public gives a crap about what he thinks he deserves.

Edited by vincec

He is tweeting it for all the public to see. Those are the "average joe's" I'm talking about. Who do you think reads his tweets? He knows his audience as well as you do.

If you think it's cool for him to announce to the public that he deserves more money then that's fine, but don't pretend that he's doing something else or that the public gives a crap about what he thinks he deserves.

Just because followers are in on the conversation via Social Media doesn't mean it was directed at them. Do worry....Be Mad. :lol:

Just because followers are in on the conversation via Social Media doesn't mean it was directed at them. Do worry....Be Mad. :lol:

So he tweets to the public but the comment isn't meant for their ears. :lol:

Your argument makes no sense at all, so I think it's time to move on. Carry on.

The grand defender of all that is the Buffalo Bills. You arent on the payroll are you???

Striking isn't the smartest thing to do. You never make up the monies lost.

And that's why current players won't do it. But once the NFL has to see how bad the league looks with cfl and all players, they would quickly fold. See how it worked out when the NFL refs went on strike.

It is more widely publicized, but I'm not sure it's more powerful or effective.

It certainly doesn't help his public image and I doubt that it has any impact on the NFL owners, who are likely to try and negotiate the best deal they can regardless of what Sammy Tweets.

No one outside of Buffalo fans are overreacting to this non-story besides Bills fans.

And the second he hits the market, he will get a giant deal. But at least Bills fans chased away another great talent like they did Gilmore ( he sucks despite what NE thinks!!).