Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good another bash Sammy thread.

Do you think it's unfair to value a #1b option at WR when our #1a WR has only played 21 games out of our last 32 and a significant portion of them hobbled/left at half?

If you want to compare availability in the last two years, Clay has played 28 out of our last 32 games. I think a borderline #1 WR is a better investment than a borderline #1 TE at this point. Do you disagree?

This is very doable.

according to Spotrac we have ~ $12 mil in cap space ( top 51 players figure)

I see him slotting in between Brandon Marshall deal high end ( 2 years $11mil / $5.5 mil per year avg) and Brandon LaFell deal ( 2 years $9 mil/ $4.5 mil per year avg)

So..... offer him 2 year $10 mil and if you need to sweeten the deal guarantee the 1st year.

Do you think it's unfair to value a #1b option at WR when our #1a WR has only played 21 games out of our last 32 and a significant portion of them hobbled/left at half?

If you want to compare availability in the last two years, Clay has played 28 out of our last 32 games. I think a borderline #1 WR is a better investment than a borderline #1 TE at this point. Do you disagree?

Your valuation of Sammy and his "reliability" is unfair when you don't account for Maclin's reliability due to injury. Why don't you mention that Maclin has only played in 43 of his last 64 games?

Really? And if you had to choose between owning a Bugatti Veyron and a 1990 Honda Civic, what would you lean towards?

Civic hands down. Who wants to be the douchebag in a Bugatti

Edited by ndirish1978

Interesting stats from Cian Fahey on Twitter:

Tyrod Taylor is recruiting Jeremy Maclin. 3.34% of Taylor's yards were created by receivers on off-target throws last year, 26th in league.

Taylor's yards per attempt jumped 0.74 when adjusted for WR mistakes/created plays, third highest in league

Edited by HappyDays

Maclin is a good player in his own right. There is no reason to make this into another "I hate Sammy for irrational and unreasonable criteria" thread. There are plenty of those. I think Maclin could help the Bills but anyone who thinks his talent level approaches Sammy's galaxy is messed up in the head.

Of course it would have to be a reasonable deal.

I get your point, but if they were to sign Maclin, then the Bills would have very good depth at WR.

A line-up of Watkins, Maclin, Holmes & Z.Jones sounds very tantalizing.

Tantalizing only if Tyrod can see the field to to get them the ball.

It's probably just the pessimistic Bills fan in me, but I'm starting to feel like this would be done if it was going to happen. Other teams can offer more money, or an offense more suited to putting up numbers and hitting the market next year, or a better chance to win.

I'm okay so long as the deal is limited to maximum of 2-years (hopefully only 1-year with guaranteed money).

I'd be surprised if the deal gets done soon unless Maclin is cool signing a 1-year prove it type deal. This new Bills regime seems to moving towards building talent through the draft and not dishing out to aging/injury prone veterans.

It's probably just the pessimistic Bills fan in me, but I'm starting to feel like this would be done if it was going to happen. Other teams can offer more money, or an offense more suited to putting up numbers and hitting the market next year, or a better chance to win.

If we go by Denver's offense last year:

DT (Sammy in our case) got 90 Catches for 1,083 Yards and 5 TDs on 145 Targets

Emmanuel Sanders (Maclin in this case) got 79 Catches for 1,032 Yards and 5 TDs on 139 Targets

I don't see why a potential 139 targets would seem unappealing in the WR2 role.

Our WR group is mediocre, unproven, and close to the bottom of the NFL.

There is no reason to be against trying to upgrade it with a guy like Maclin.

Best case, he and Sammy hit their stride and the passing attack is top third in the NFL. Worst case, both stink, we let Sammy walk and have Maclin for, what, another year?