Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I was under the impression that Shady new first, since he was visiting Maclin for the wedding, and began the hard sell immediately. Then, TT asked for his number when he heard what was up.

Shady said in the interview that he was the first person to talk to Maclin after. I don't know when he found out but that's encouraging.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady said in the interview that he was the first person to talk to Maclin after. I don't know when he found out but that's encouraging.

According to Shady, TT texted him the news as he was landing in Rochester for his charity softball game and told Shady to "get on the phone with Mac". Im hoping this HuffPost report is true

According to Shady, TT texted him the news as he was landing in Rochester for his charity softball game and told Shady to "get on the phone with Mac". Im hoping this HuffPost report is true

TT also said the following in early March on WGR after re-doing his deal:

It takes a lot to build a team. If we can get guys in around us… we can only spend so much in a year. It definitely was a difficult process. I’m happy we got it done. I put my trust in the coaching staff and management that they will bring in some players who can make plays for us.

He's definitely paying attention to the market.

The offense has a chance to be elite if Tyrod and Shady stay healthy. They were top 10 DVOA the last two years and are looking to add a healthy Sammy, Maclin and Zay Jones. That's a massive upgrade for the receiving group.

The defense should be better just from scrapping Rex and his fat brother. I have some concerns about the secondary (primarily Poyer) and the depth on the DL. If the scheme offsets these couple of question marks the Bills could be tough.

clay needs to stay healthy because there is no proven player behind him currently.

clay needs to stay healthy because there is no proven player behind him currently.

Obviously not as physically talented as Clay, but O'Leary took a big step last year. He catches very well and improved his blocking. Hopefully it will continue. Barnidge or not, I expect us to add to the TE depth at some point in the near future because you're right, we need some help at that position

I agree with that as well.

I thought that I saw the other day that the Bills ran the fewest plays out of 11 personnel? If they are to sign Maclin that will surely change. It will change anyways with the scheme change.

I really hope this can happen. I have to imagine there are many teams out there that would be very interested in Maclin though, and teams that he would probably view as closer to being championship ready (you know, if he cares about winning, like most players). I would over pay for him on a short deal to get him to choose us. Hopefully the personal relationships and the immediate starter spot will sway him to Buffalo...

turns a roster weakness into better than adequate

They would save exactly $0 on the cap by trading Watkins. His contract is fully guaranteed this season.

I don't wan't to trade him, just reacting to the rumors and the fact that his option wasn't picked up.

If we had to choose between Maclin or Barnidge, I would lean towards Maclin. Sammy is an unknown at this point and until he proves otherwise can't be relied upon to be available.

Really? And if you had to choose between owning a Bugatti Veyron and a 1990 Honda Civic, what would you lean towards?

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

If we had to choose between Maclin or Barnidge, I would lean towards Maclin. Sammy is an unknown at this point and until he proves otherwise can't be relied upon to be available.

You would lean towards Maclin??? To me it's not even a close comparison.

Really? And if you had to choose between owning a Bugatti Veyron and a 1990 Honda Civic, what would you lean towards?

Well if Sammy didn't have health issues and could be counted on to stay on the field. I would lean towards Barnidge because one obviously the cost involved in signing Maclin and the fact how important TEs are in a west coast offense. Barnidge would be insurance for Clay who also has health concerns with knee issues but has managed to stay relatively healthy so far.

Well if Sammy didn't have health issues and could be counted on to stay on the field. I would lean towards Barnidge because one obviously the cost involved in signing Maclin and the fact how important TEs are in a west coast offense. Barnidge would be insurance for Clay who also has health concerns with knee issues but has managed to stay relatively healthy so far.

No...whatcha smoking?

Maclin has more talent in his pinky toe than Barnidge has in his entire body.

So if you owned an NBA basketball team and had Lebron James and Shawn Bradley as your center with no other backup at the Center position. And you had the chance to sign Kobe Bryant or Robin Lopez in free agency, you'd pick Robin Lopez over Kobe because you had Lebron and there's no depth at the Center position? Obviously Maclin isn't as dominant as Kobe was in his respective sport but I hope you get the idea and realize how ridiculous you sound

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83