Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it's a 3rd round comp pick, but considering it's guaranteed to be after pick 96 wouldn't it be better equated value-wise to a 4th in your example?

Well since the 4th round always starts at after the third round comp picks your method low balls the value just like the other high balls it

We could just accept that we all know what the term and convention means and that all the later rounds are really just accepted to be about 35-40 picks.

Ignoring the entire issue of comp picks for a moment, do we want Maclin or not?

Without seeing the potential contract, hard to say. On the field though, yes he makes the team better.

The reason the thread devolved into comp picks is in large part because I believe we agree on the player

Edited by NoSaint

So what do we think the Bills could get him on: A 1-year prove it deal or a multiple years contract?

He's been consistent throughout his career. Last year was his worst because he missed 4 games. I wouldn't object to a 2 or 3 year deal.

A multiyear deal would be ideal. Whether he would take 5 mill per season, idk. I think his asking price may be a bit higher. If we could sign him for at least 2 seasons it could help ease the blow if they let Watkins walk.

Astro tweeted that the Bills jet is en route to Omaha and scheduled to return immediately. That's like an hour from KC. I didn't bother to check the Pegula Watch thread but maybe the Bills are trying to get in quickly?

Edit: it looks like it's almost 3 hours.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Pegula jet is en route to Omaha NE. Omaha is not Kansas City so this likely means terry wants some fresh corn on the cob.

Astro tweeted that the Bills jet is en route to Omaha and scheduled to return immediately. That's like an hour from KC. I didn't bother to check the Pegula Watch thread but maybe the Bills are trying to get in quickly?

3 hours. Why wouldn't he just fly into Kansas City? Maybe Omaha has cheaper flights :)

Pegula jet is en route to Omaha NE. Omaha is not Kansas City so this likely means terry wants some fresh corn on the cob.

3 hours. Why wouldn't he just fly into Kansas City? Maybe Omaha has cheaper flights :)

I'm not sure where his wife is from but here's the wedding registry. Feel free to send them gifts (I think that worked in Cleveland or somewhere): https://registry.theknot.com/adia-kuzma-jeremy-maclin-may-2017/18511098

I'm sending that ice cream cookbook.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

...read somewhere where Buffalo was a proposed landing spot......him and Barnidge in the stable leaves ZERO excuses for a non-existent passing game........would be 2 welcome additions and leaves the ball in Dennison's court to hep TT find them (GPS units are NOT allowed)...............

So what do we think the Bills could get him on: A 1-year prove it deal or a multiple years contract?

This isn't a prove-it kind of player, and he's currently the most desirable WR on the market in a league where even average WRs get crazy money on the open market.

He can pretty much choose where he wants to go, so he's probably going to consider: where will I get the most catches? who has the best QB? who will give me the most money for the most years?

He will not come at a bargain-basement price, that's for sure.

I'm not sure where his wife is from but here's the wedding registry. Feel free to send them gifts (I think that worked in Cleveland or somewhere): https://registry.theknot.com/adia-kuzma-jeremy-maclin-may-2017/18511098

I'm sending that ice cream cookbook.

"Several of his NFL buddies were in attendance, including Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, who played with Maclin on the Philadelphia Eagles. It was an Eagles reunion as former Eagles coach Andy Reid was also in attendance."

mac10.png

"LeSean brought his girlfriend Delicia Cordon along as his date."

mac9.png

This isn't a prove-it kind of player, and he's currently the most desirable WR on the market in a league where even average WRs get crazy money on the open market.

He can pretty much choose where he wants to go, so he's probably going to consider: where will I get the most catches? who has the best QB? who will give me the most money for the most years?

He will not come at a bargain-basement price, that's for sure.

"Several of his NFL buddies were in attendance, including Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy, who played with Maclin on the Philadelphia Eagles. It was an Eagles reunion as former Eagles coach Andy Reid was also in attendance."

mac10.png

"LeSean brought his girlfriend Delicia Cordon along as his date."

mac9.png

Shady was in the wedding. They are very close.