Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Ha. Lol. Lmfao.

So tell me ... how does it make sense to you, for the Bills to overspend on a 29-year-old receiver, when the Bills' GM has done, said and not said everything that points to him not wanting TT as the QB.

Do you think the Bills are one WR away from being a contender?

Do you think that a team going into a season with a rookie HC and a rookie GM legitimately has a shot to win in the NFL?

Do you think the Bills have replaced everyone they cut with equally talented players? Or did they replace with the draft, AKA unproven players?

You tell me how Jeremy Maclin makes the offense better than last year. And also tell me how the defense is suddenly better ... but give me more than, "they got rid of the Ryans."

first off..... this is what i added to my post seconds after i put it up .... "as for maclin.... i think it could only be a good addition and amazing depth for the right price. i doubt he'll be satisfied with that price though, and i'm sure somebody with some available money will give him a bit more than he's worth"

and 2nd you completely shifted the focus of what everyone was mocking..... your notion taylor has consistently had great receivers to work with. thats what my post was commenting on. it was hilarious. like, you actually freaking said that. think about that.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maclin would be a better get but guess who runs a lot of 2 TE sets? NE. Maybe we should start doing what good teams do.

I agree.

Also, a good team would find their QB before investing in a 29 year old WR.

I'm not saying Maclin isn't a great WR.

I'm just saying that surrounding Taylor with talent hasn't worked, yet ... so why keep trying??

And if it's a WR for the future, then get one who isn't going to be in his early 30s by the time we're ready to compete.

This guy was at the Charity game yesterday:

@Rocpoint31

I asked McDermott directly about Maclin yesterday and he said yes the Bills are pursuing him, with a smile

I like the sound of that.

Now I want to see a report that says Maclin is visiting the Bills at One Bills Drive.

I agree.

Also, a good team would find their QB before investing in a 29 year old WR.

I'm not saying Maclin isn't a great WR.

I'm just saying that surrounding Taylor with talent hasn't worked, yet ... so why keep trying??

And if it's a WR for the future, then get one who isn't going to be in his early 30s by the time we're ready to compete.

I have serious doubts about Tyrod. But this could be like the Edwards thing where you give him good WRs and see if he can be a franchise qb once and for all.

How about the Bills getting a QB before spending money on a WR who will be past his prime in a couple years?

Let's face it - the likelihood of Tyrod Taylor being a Bill after this season is very slim.

The likelihood of this team being competitive in 2017 or 2018 is very slim.

So why should/would they invest money in a WR? Not only invest ... but overpay?

If this team was a WR away from being contenders, I'd get it. This team is A LOT more than just a WR away.

I think this is a stupid idea.

Thank you. I agree we did this once already. See how that is working out.

Barnidge in 8 years in the league, 178 rec, 2,258 yards and 14 TDs

Maclin in 7 years in the league, 474 rec, 6,395 yards and 46 TDs

Why are you only showing the last 2 years boy?

So come talk to me after you've asked NFL fans who's far superior in talent. Maclin or Barnidge.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Barnidge in 8 years in the league, 178 rec, 2,258 yards and 14 TDs

Maclin in 7 years in the league, 474 rec, 6,395 yards and 46 TDs

Why are you only showing the last 2 years boy?

So come talk to me after you've asked NFL fans who's far superior in talent. Maclin or Barnidge.

Why is anyone even comparing the 2. It's crazy.

40 some catches last year is superior??

Both players have similar stats past 2 years. Again signing Maclin as a hedge against Watkins getting injured is fine and makes sense. However, it is a short term fix and gives us some leverage in case Watkins is not re-signed next year.

Barnidge

16 79 123 1,043 13.2 40 9 52 0 0 2016

16 55 81 612 11.1 43 2 34 0 0

Maclin

15 87 124 1,088 12.5 61 8 49 2 1 2016

12 44 76 536 12.2 44 2 29 0 0

Barnidge never had more than 13 catches before the last 2 seasons and is 31 years old. Maclin had his worst year last year due to injury, has had 2 80+ reception seasons and 5 seasons of 60 or more.

Edited by dneveu

Now i will say Maclin is an outside the Numbers WR so that makes him more of a fit for Tyrod over Barnidge who will be just another TE not used enough because of the inability of the QB to throw with anticipation and accuracy in the middle

Now i will say Maclin is an outside the Numbers WR so that makes him more of a fit for Tyrod over Barnidge who will be just another TE not used enough because of the inability of the QB to throw with anticipation and accuracy in the middle

I don't know how often we'll be in 12 personell vs 21 anyway. Maclin plugs in as a starter who plays almost all the snaps. Barnidge plays maybe half? I guess we assume he plugs in when clay inevitably misses time.

We did add a top fullback so i assume they plan to use him some to offset the need for a good TE2.

Edited by dneveu

Are people worried that a guy like Maclin might make Tyrod look better? This is a serious question.

I scratch my head at the team trying to accumulate talent (at the right price) regardless of what way folks are on the TT issue.......he might not even be the qb the year after next but someone actually suggests we dont improve the team at other positions if the opportunity presents?

Are people worried that a guy like Maclin might make Tyrod look better? This is a serious question.

I scratch my head at the team trying to accumulate talent (at the right price) regardless of what way folks are on the TT issue.......he might not even be the qb the year after next but someone actually suggests we dont improve the team at other positions if the opportunity presents?

No i am not. Maclin is just another WR to try and cover for a inadequate QB.

Hnce why he is a decent fit here an outside the Numbers WR for an outside the numbers thrower

I have serious doubts about Tyrod. But this could be like the Edwards thing where you give him good WRs and see if he can be a franchise qb once and for all.

How many times, with how many QBs, do the Bills have to do this?

Excuses for Tyrod have run out, in my opinion.

He had his chance. He failed. It's time to move on. The future of the rest of the team is bright. The time to move from TT is now.

Maclin, in my opinion, is too old to bring in right now. Adding him to this roster won't = wins.

I really believe they are.

I would be thrilled if we got Maclin, no excuses for Tyrod if Watkins and Maclin play all 16 games

This is 100% correct. I think Tyrod deserves another year. After this year, I think the determination can be made a little easier.

How many times, with how many QBs, do the Bills have to do this?

Excuses for Tyrod have run out, in my opinion.

He had his chance. He failed. It's time to move on. The future of the rest of the team is bright. The time to move from TT is now.

Maclin, in my opinion, is too old to bring in right now. Adding him to this roster won't = wins.

Why is the future bright? I don't think I understand.

We didn't pick up the 5th year on the WR we gave up 2 firsts for. The last draft yielded an injured lineman who looked slow, a linebacker who supposedly can't cover, and a lineman who apparently gets pushed around. We have an overpaid DT who eats our whole cap (literally), and a 30+ year old running back. Our draft this year yielded a CB who is worse than the guy hes replacing, a WR who projects as a #2, and a Right tackle.

We don't have a QB and we have an old overpaid roster.

Nope i want a QB that makes others better. Not one that needs WRs to make him look AVG

If Buffalo made the playoffs and Tyrod/the offense had similar numbers to last year. Would you still replace him?