Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Called it. Until you get a franchise qb, you're going to struggle to get FA WRs unless you completely overpaid.

That said, I'm excited for Sammy, Zay, & Holmes. Not a bad group. Maclin might be overrated anyways.

Well, Hopefully, Sammy can stay on the field.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet Beane and McD have laid out a plan for the Pegulas of what they expect Y1 to look like, then Y2, etc., and have gotten the necessary assurances to see the plan through.

I'm sure that's true. I'm sure Whaley and Rex had similar discussions with the Pegulas, and the pressure increased pretty quickly.

You knew when he left that it'd be tough for the money to work. He wouldn't have left if the deal that he wanted was on the table.

I'm thinking the Bills just weren't ready to give him the money he wanted. Shady and David Culley got Maclin in the building but he just wouldn't be part of their long term plans.

Can't say I'm too disappointed. He would have been an addition, no doubt. The wildcard is Watkins, is he going to stay healthy or not? If he stays healthy and has a great year, no one remembers this, but if he suffers another injury, it'll be all about how they didn't offer enough to Maclin. We invested in the draft with Jones, Maclin seems like a play for the very short term.

Maclin almost seemed counteractive to the approach the front office/coaches are going for, solid teambuilding. The guy I feel worst for is McCoy. He lobbied for a GM, not even interviewed. He lobbied for Maclin, signed elsewhere. At some point I think he starts resenting the club, and we know how that goes (Chip Kelly). Just sayin'.

Had to get a post in this monster thread though. :)

Called it. Until you get a franchise qb, you're going to struggle to get FA WRs unless you completely overpaid.

That said, I'm excited for Sammy, Zay, & Holmes. Not a bad group. Maclin might be overrated anyways.

I really didnt want to see Holmes pushed off the radar....I think he is actually talented.

lets roll with what we have

Can't say I'm too disappointed. He would have been an addition, no doubt. The wildcard is Watkins, is he going to stay healthy or not? If he stays healthy and has a great year, no one remembers this, but if he suffers another injury, it'll be all about how they didn't offer enough to Maclin. We invested in the draft with Jones, Maclin seems like a play for the very short term.

Maclin almost seemed counteractive to the approach the front office/coaches are going for, solid teambuilding. The guy I feel worst for is McCoy. He lobbied for a GM, not even interviewed. He lobbied for Maclin, signed elsewhere. At some point I think he starts resenting the club, and we know how that goes (Chip Kelly). Just sayin'.

Had to get a post in this monster thread though. :)

100%

Let's hope we don't get a "Beane can't shake $#!+"

Honestly, our #2 receiver will probably catch around 50 passes. Zay and Holmes are fine for our current offense.

Which is why at the beginning of this thread i didnt want then signing him. Save the space ans roll it into next year