Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the player wants a 1 year deal there's nothing we can do about it. You can't force him to sign.

From the Bills point of view a 1 year deal would be consistent with some of their other moves: re-structuring TT making it more palatable to cut ties after the season, not picking up Sammy's option and trading down for the extra first rounder next year.

2.5 hours with the damn traffic

ur not driving fast enough lol

tbh just avoid rush hour or drive earlier if there are baseball, basketball or hockey games. You HAVE to know gameday times. I've never had to drive 2 hours once (except when they were doing crapload of builds on QEW. but its all good now)

It'd never happen but I'd love for the Bills to troll the fans (or delight them) by having a season ticket ad campaign that'd have:

A picture of George Seifert relaxing, reading a paper at the Buffalo airport;

A picture of Mario Williams and Buddy Nix enjoying dinner at Tempo with a picture of another guest in the background with his finger on a laptop that'd represent the F5 frenzy;

A picture of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie doing something exactly alike in the picture to follow the RJ=DF? conversations;

Wade holding a headset but not actually wearing it;

And some of the other conversations of lore on here that I'm forgetting.

92 pages on a guy we haven't signed, coming off a 44 catch, 536 yard season, boasting a single Pro Bowl appearance in 7 NFL seasons...

September 10th can't get here soon enough.

Buffalo's WR corp has big potential now in my humble opinion.

How can the Bills O not improve from a season ago.

MERCY!!!

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

My complaint about Buffalo is the lack of diversity when it comes to food. In California, for example, you don't go to a 'Chinese' restaurant. You go to a Szechuan (spicy!), Taiwanese, Hakka, Cantonese or whatever restaurant. Same with Mexican - many restaurants have regional orientations - Oaxacan (mole!) or whatever - and are often quite authentic. In my experience, Latin and Asian food in Buffalo tends to be generic and Americanized.

In bigger cities you can find virtually any cuisine. In the past couple years here in Seattle I've eaten Eritrean, Malaysian, Goan (very different than other Indian), Filipino, Peruvian, Tibetan, Russian, Guamese, and Colombian food at local restaurants - just to name a few. And these restaurants provide interesting menu choices: beetles that smell like flowers from Vietnam, brain tacos, spicy Szechuan chicken feet, marinated beef tendons, Cambodian boiled fertile duck egg, and so on. The menu diversity in major West Coast cities is immense.

But I only visit Buffalo once every 3 or 4 years so I don't the city as well as I could. And I do grant that the pizza and wings in Buffalo are excellent.

So - to tie this up - I hope Maclin likes pizza and wings.

Being someone that lives in Seattle too, I really wish we had the food Buffalo has. It's fun to try new foods, but all I really want is Buffalo pizza and wings. I'm sick of this artisan woodfire pizza!

I get your point though. It's nice to have the variety, but I always miss the fatty gut bombs served up back east.

Edited by Big C

Vic and the rest of the Buffalo News schlubs are pushing the "rebuild" storyline big time, even though an effort to sign a guy like Maclin makes it clear the Bills intend to compete in 2017. I'll continue to say it -- despite some depth issues, this roster is pretty decent and with better coaching they'll be in the mix.

I wonder if Vic remembers a guy named James Lofton?

Buffalo's WR corp has big potential now in my humble opinion.

How can the Bills O not improve from a season ago.

MERCY!!!

Don't underestimate that we have a legit offensive coordinator now with a system that "should" maximize Tyrod's skill set

Being someone that lives in Seattle too, I really wish we had the food Buffalo has. It's fun to try new foods, but all I really want is pizza, wings and BBQ.

I love me some WNY grub too, but I'd trade it for Seattle's variety. Went to Toulouse Petite on the Sunday before the Monday Night game. Wow!

Wish they would hurry up and sign this guy so we can get on to the "I don't like him / let's trade, cut or otherwise run him out of town" phase!

Also, I'll take some Mighty, Ted's, Charlie's, Duffs and others up here in VT when anyone wants to deliver! Will trade for good beer :beer:

Edited by Heitz

92 pages on a guy we haven't signed, coming off a 44 catch, 536 yard season, boasting a single Pro Bowl appearance in 7 NFL seasons...

September 10th can't get here soon enough.

the thread about a backup RB going to Pats still in the lead, but this one is closing in

Wish they would hurry up and sign this guy so we can get on to the "I don't like him / let's trade, cut or otherwise run him out of town" phase!

Also, I'll take some Mighty, Ted's, Charlie's, Duffs and others up here in VT when anyone wants to deliver! Will trade for good beer :beer:

Once Maclin is signed, we will get lots of "now we are going to trade Sammy" talk.

Don't underestimate that we have a legit offensive coordinator now with a system that "should" maximize Tyrod's skill set

My thoughts as well,

Then we also have Peterman/Plan B licking his chops at the possibilities...