Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm would be thrilled to get Maclin to pair with the rest of our WR core. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but is it possible that even if Sammy has a career/Pro Bowl year that they might view Maclin as a WR1 type of replacement? Or is this really to augment the core of the WR group for many years to come?

augment

after watkins (injury history) we have a rookie and a bunch of nothing

Buffalo boasts Burmese food that is some of the best I've ever had.

I heard! I'll try it out the next time I'm there.

Yeah...it's just a different approach to food. Restaurants out that way need to compete and have new, fresh ideas on food. Whereas Buffalo restaurants (old style ones) are more comfort food with long standing traditions. Both are great depending on what you're looking for.

I like a little adventure when I go out to eat - new flavors, new culinary ideas. But when I go to Buffalo I tend to focus on the things Buffalo does best: pizza, wings, beef on weck, Polish food...

Totally agree. If you dont want pizza, fried, or polish (pork/potatoes/kraut) then you're often out of luck.

We're finally starting to get some real-ish Mexican, but it's still not there.

California, particularly SoCal, has awesome, authentic Mexican restaurants. Seattle's Mexican restaurants, for the most part, can't compete.

Being someone that lives in Seattle too, I really wish we had the food Buffalo has. It's fun to try new foods, but all I really want is Buffalo pizza and wings. I'm sick of this artisan woodfire pizza!

I get your point though. It's nice to have the variety, but I always miss the fatty gut bombs served up back east.

This made me laugh - and got me thinking. I've had a lot 'okay' pizza here in Seattle but I can't think of a single pizza joint I'd recommend to a Buffalonian or anyone else that truly appreciates good pizza. Plus 'large' pizzas here tend to be the size of medium pizzas back in WNY.

Growing up in WNY, it'd be hard to go without the NY pizza, beer, and wings. I do like authentic foods, but if it comes down to being cultured in taste or NY pizza, I choose NY pizza all the way.

I've had a lot of tasty wings outside of Buffalo but I'm talking about Korean or Chinese or whatever wings, for example, not "Buffalo Wings." I still believe the best Buffalo Wings are, in fact, in Buffalo.

For a while I used to order Buffalo Wings on Sundays to eat while watching the game. But after too many disappointments - if I eat wings at all - I make my own.

To me it doesn't,

The E J debacle you speak of was A Lynns chance to prove himself worthy of becoming a HC in the NFL and he didn't get the job done in my humble opinion.

with all due respect bandit

(well, I suppose in a way he did, but luckily not in Buffalo)

If any team was gauging Anthony Lynn's ability to be a HC in this league based upon what he did with EJ Manuel at QB in a meaningless game, then that team was approaching things completely wrong IMO.

woods got a contract that was 7 mill a year? that's nuts.

well, 6.8 mill, but again, it's pretty high. That said, there's not a lot of guarantees. After this year, he can be cut for $5M in cap space and as of 2019 he is guaranteed nothing so I wouldn't be shocked if they renegotiate.

92 pages on a guy we haven't signed, coming off a 44 catch, 536 yard season, boasting a single Pro Bowl appearance in 7 NFL seasons...

September 10th can't get here soon enough.

You obviously don't play fantasy football or else you may have heard of him.

well, 6.8 mill, but again, it's pretty high. That said, there's not a lot of guarantees. After this year, he can be cut for $5M in cap space and as of 2019 he is guaranteed nothing so I wouldn't be shocked if they renegotiate.

ok. that's for the info. that seems much more reasonable. either way maclin could be an upgrade at the position at a reduced cost.

Growing up in WNY, it'd be hard to go without the NY pizza, beer, and wings. I do like authentic foods, but if it comes down to being cultured in taste or NY pizza, I choose NY pizza all the way.

I will say that the standard for wings is a lot lower here than in WNY. That's not to say that there aren't any. There are a few good places that I've found, but in Buffalo most places around the corner have decent wings and here...not so much.

If any team was gauging Anthony Lynn's ability to be a HC in this league based upon what he did with EJ Manuel at QB in a meaningless game, then that team was approaching things completely wrong IMO.

I can understand that point of view,

Myself personally, I like a HC that specializes in O or D,

or something...

Maclin still in Buffalo today according to a Baltimore Ravens website.

"It is unknown where he will sign at this moment, but as of 12:10 pm ET [6/7], Maclin is still in Buffalo."

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/6/7/15750006/maclin-watch-2017-jeremy-maclin-extends-visit-into-wednesday-morning-baltimore-ravens-visit